What Fictional World Would You Pick.....

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Subnautica, because I've lived near the sea my entire life and I'm kinda sick of everyone else, to be honest.
I love me some Subnautica, but I have two words to dissuade you: Reaper Leviathans.

Reminder: Its roar is supposedly a form of echolocation. If you can hear it, it can see you.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Yeah, I didn't get that either. Why do they think anyone cares if they're seeing each other?

And in a town that small, I'd be surprised if everyone didn't already know.
At least one person does know since you can find a secret note about them regularly fucking in a bush. The closest I can think of is that they think the mayor shouldn't date or something. But it sounds more like the Marnie is just a side chick for the mayor (who may have multiple).

Satrdew valley as a lot of strange things that you can question, how most people in the valley don't work and that there's no school for the kid, instead being taught by an untrained person. Most of them appear to be pretty poor, they often comment on being too poor to purchase at Pierre's (which really suck for them once you close the Jojo mart).

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
At least one person does know since you can find a secret note about them regularly fucking in a bush. The closest I can think of is that they think the mayor shouldn't date or something. But it sounds more like the Marnie is just a side chick for the mayor (who may have multiple).

Satrdew valley as a lot of strange things that you can question, how most people in the valley don't work and that there's no school for the kid, instead being taught by an untrained person. Most of them appear to be pretty poor, they often comment on being too poor to purchase at Pierre's (which really suck for them once you close the Jojo mart).
Eh, I try not to think too much about how internal economies on videogames work, because the moment you go down that road you start noticing how little sense they normally make. If you have a road with regular traffic you can normally handwave trade but most games don't even bother with that half the time(Try not to ask how settlements in the Fallout games support themselves when nobody grows anything and trade is almost non-existent).

I mean, there's a mine with precious metals that nobody else mines, a blacksmith who apparently services nobody because nobody mines or farms(other then you), a carpenter who nobody else can probably afford(and they require you provide all the resources), etc. Not to mention how the hell a town that small manages to maintain anything resembling a stable population without...you know.

Pelican Town is basically a thriving ghost town

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

DJShaddycat

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
United States
I think I could get by living in Cyrodill from TESIV. Live a nice calm life in Bruma, or Chorrol.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Animal Crossing.

Pokemon would seem fine on first glance too. But anyone that isn't the protagonist, or their rival is bound to spent their entire life before a shop counter, in a gym, or in the wilds, waiting to lock eyesight with a passing 10-year old.

I'd rather just chill as a Tom Nook's debtor.

Reactions: BrawlMan