What game are you most proud of conquering?

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
If you're like me, you like challenging video games. As of late I've been leaning towards harder games like the Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden series, as well as the dreaded I Wanna Be the Guy. I've also recently taken a fascination to the "Bullet Hell" or "manic shooter" genre. This includes stuff like Ikaruga and Touhou Project.
I can proudly say I've played and beat Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja difficulty and Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die. CoD4's Mile High Club on veteran still eludes me at the moment, but I'll get it down eventually. So guys, I ask you: what immensely difficult game are you proud of beating?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Probably Guitar Hero: WT on expert bass.

If I ever see Sting, I'll kill him...

Ibanez887

Apr 16, 2009
Oblivion 100%
It took me ages to track down EVERY LAST QUEST. Boring summer time well spent

Chaos Bringer

Jul 1, 2009
Halo 3 ohhh I'm so goooooooooooooood. And on a more serious note; Super Mario World on the SNES. Beat it with my cousin in 1 hour 54 minutes 27 seconds. Resident Evil 4. Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. There's probably a couple more that i can't think of now.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Original C&C for the GDI. Some of those missions are balls to the walls hard.

And i 100%'d Jet Force Gemini. Fuck yeah.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
Heart of Darkness. It was years ago but it was harder than any 3D game I ever played.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Beat oblivion 100% eventually got to the point where i was going and clearing out random dungeons and going to prison so that i could continue to level my character i had a lvl 60 something crusader. Dragon quest 8 i beat the extra boss(technically several bosses for several items) that made me feal good.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
I managed to trudge through the entirety of Mirror's Edge...
Does that count? I assume anyone with a shred of common sense quit before I did.
Hey, no bashing. If you don't have a real answer, you might as well not post.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Either Far Cry or Red Faction, the original ones. Red Faction's end boss was kind of pathetic, but the rest of that game's end was ridiculous.

Beating System Shock 2 just made me sad.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
Whoa! How the hell are you supposed to avoid that???

In answer to your question, probably Super Mario Bros. 3, first game I ever finished in my entire life. ...that I can remember anyway.

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
Gonna say my biggest accomplishment would probably be The World Ends With You; got all the pins, beat all the enemies, got all the items, and aquired all the information on every item. It. Was. RIDICULOUS.

In other mainstream games I collected all the achievements from Assassin's Creed. That's something to be proud of, although it was many dreadful weekends of flag hunting and Google searches...