What game are you most proud of conquering?

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
I remember the day I beat Super Mario Bros 3 for the first time. It took me forever and the sense of accomplishment was great.

Gene O

Jul 9, 2008
Black Tiger

It's the only arcade game that I was ever able to beat with just one quarter.

RemoteControlRox

Aug 24, 2009
I took the time to get find/solve every Riddler challenge in Arkham Asylum (and all the Amadeus Arkham notes, of course). The reward of the audio scene was worth it, at least for me.

Probably not the most amazing achievement, but hell, I went and got all of 'em.

Raiha

Jul 3, 2009
ooh forgot about x-men vs. street fighter in the arcade. beat it with 2 different people a day spending one dollar. then started hustling people in there for more of a challenge, til they closed the place down. yeah, no one likes arcades, but we need a store that sells 30 dollar carrying cases for cell phones and antennas with LED's in them. i hate my generation

laststandman

Jun 27, 2009
Ibanez887 said:
Oblivion 100%
It took me ages to track down EVERY LAST QUEST. Boring summer time well spent
That makes two of us mate.
my Oblivion character is my greatest conquest, and also beating fable in one sitting.
but in hindsight im not TOO proud of that

Jan 29, 2009
Mechwarrior 2, I played that game SO many times, it hurts to estimate.
I know every little detail, bug, and exploit possible in the campaign.

UAProxy

Sep 11, 2009
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
You guys disappoint me. No one beat IWBTG? (besides the one to-be Guy)
I did. On hard, too.

It was the worst week of my life. I cried and went moderately insane for a while. I will never look at apple trees the same way again.

Aug 17, 2009
Civilization: Revolution on Deity difficulty. I used India and won a Domination victory. Anyone who's played that can tell you: that is frickin' hard. They have no (or very little) combat advantages AND I was against Germany, Africa, and The Aztecs. I only won by a complete fluke.

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
Completed Ninja Gaiden on the normal difficulty setting, I was very proud of that.

Can reach the last boss in Touhou's Imperishable Night on Easy, also a larger feat than it seems.

And I got 1000/1000 Gamerscore in Warriors Orochi 2, proving that there's no such thing as too much grind :p

Oh, and I got three Iron Dukes in FFX-2

jericu

Oct 22, 2008
Mass Effect. I didn't conquer it, per se, but I beat it, and Saren is a ***** to kill, so I'm proud of it nonetheless.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Ursus Astrorum said:
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
You guys disappoint me. No one beat IWBTG? (besides the one to-be Guy)
I did. On hard, too.

It was the worst week of my life. I cried and went moderately insane for a while. I will never look at apple trees the same way again.
Haha, must have been traumatizing. For me, I have no right to complain about death spikes in any other game ever. They just don't compare.

I want to meet the guys who beat the game on Impossible (there are at least two). They either have to be gods or driven insane from the practice needed to perfect their technique.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Getting every Platinum medal and collectible in SSX3. Not the hardest game, sure, but, since I usually suck at racing games, and it was the first game I ever avidly 100% completed, it's right up there.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
DrunkenKitty said:
I unlocked EVERYTHING in Goldeneye for N64. Beating the Facility in under 2 minutes to unlock invincibility is probably the single most difficult thing I've ever done in a game.

I have some serious moments of greatness in CounterStrike, TF2, and BF2142 too, but those are much less quantifiable.
Unlocking everything in GoldenEye is a source of pride for me as well. Although I would say the Facility cheat is one of the easier hard cheats. Once you get the pattern down it's really just running for your life and hoping Doak is in the right spot at the end of the level. I always thought the Aztec and Cavern cheats were harder to get, since you actually had to take time to fight people and not die. The Archives was annoying as well. I remember being so proud when Nintendo Power posted their best time for getting the cheat in the Facility and I beat it by 10 seconds. I think I was at 1:40. We need more games as fun as GoldenEye.

I also take satisfaction in beating the Doom 2 megawad Alien Vendetta on Ultra-Violence without cheating. Didn't 100% every level, but if you've played the last 6 levels you'll know it's an accomplishment.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Single player: Beating Yiazmat in FFXII.
Online: Getting a world top 15 kill of Kil'Jaeden with my WoW guild.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Final Fantasy VII. May not seem like much, but that was the first RPG I ever brought myself to see through to the end... it was an exercise in raw patience. Looking back, I think it was a cool game.