What game are you most proud of conquering?

enriel

Oct 20, 2009
Every GH/RB game on Drums, Bass and Guitar on Expert. Granted this also saddens me a little.

Getting 100% on GTA: VC was quite the achievement as well.

Also, 1100/1100 Gamerscore on Bioshock...most of those, not terribly difficult, but god damn Brass Balls was tough.

Think that's about it for my exploits...

[edit] Forgot to mention getting max stats, every treasure chest, beat every minigame and secret boss, literally have nothing left to do on both KH games.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Resident Evil 4 on profesional, cod 4 on vetren and mile high club.
still working on cod 5 and i've always wanted to try devil may cry or ninja gaiden

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
RAAM - the final boss - of the original Gears of War is tough to beat solo on the hardest difficulty. I did that. So that's my best attempt. Sorry if it's not awesome enough for you.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
As I said in one of my previous threads, Vandal Hearts 2 was my Eleanor and I am still ridiculously proud to this day to have conquered it. I had to deal with stolen consoles, corrupt memory cards and scratched discs, but I finally beat it. It was soooo worth it, what a great game!

WrathofthePenguin

Apr 9, 2009
Resident Evil 4
I ended up beating it so many different times over a summer that I could do certain parts with my eyes closed :D
FFX
First (only) Final Fantasy game I ever beat all the way through
Brutal Legend
First game that I'd ever beaten by playing in shifts, took 'bout 8 hours

Those were pretty sweet memories of times wasted

IAmWright777

Sep 25, 2009
Hmmmm.... Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest VIII, CoD4 (veteran obviously haha), but does anybody remember Kingdom Hearts? Yeah, that was my first PS2 game and the first game I ever completely beaten, so that's my list haha. OH, I almost forgot Oblivion haha.

Ernie Devlin

Sep 22, 2009
Completing Oblivion and almost doing the same for Fallout 3 (just need to get all the alien holotapes).
Also completing Orcarina of Time when I was 12.

kirafan1013

Oct 20, 2009
Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of memories. Ive almost had nightmares about how hard it was. Ninja Gaiden Sigma was tough to.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Disregard the earlier post. Getting Silent Assassin all the way through Hitman:Contracts and Blood Money. The White House was bad, but that hotel at the end of Contracts was impossible. You need to be immaculate in your execution and still be extremely lucky. I never could get SA all the way through Hitman 2, though.

And Mass Effect on impossible, with a sentinel using only the pistol. Got to level 60, and never killed anything with the tank, not even the worms.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
grimsprice said:
Original C&C for the GDI. Some of those missions are balls to the walls hard.

And i 100%'d Jet Force Gemini. Fuck yeah.
Yeah, the commando mission was pretty hard and the ones later on got ridiculous.

And I didn't 100% Jet Force Gemini, in fact, I think I never got to see the last level because I didn't rescue enough bitches.

But I'll tell you what, I have 2.1 million score on Garibaldi in SSX Tricky, when the world record is like 2.2.

And I've beaten the official crazy taxi 2nd world record. (first game, not 2nd, on the arcade course, not original, under tournament style time/traffic difficulties...)

But I guess I'm most proud of getting at least rank S (fine, not S+ on levels 3 or 4, but blow me) on every Ikaruga chapter is the most recent...

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
tellmeimaninja said:
I managed to trudge through the entirety of Mirror's Edge...
Does that count? I assume anyone with a shred of common sense quit before I did.
Basically enough, well done..
I got about 2 levels into that game and got bored shitless, it was very thinly worn out.
Though EA's other new IP Dead space did manage to put my faith back into them.

My game of choice is Starcraft and Brood war.
That campaign becomes brutal at the end, with no difficulty modifier to make it easier.
It was nice to see the final cutscene after crushing each army in the level 'omega'.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Valiance said:
grimsprice said:
Original C&C for the GDI. Some of those missions are balls to the walls hard.

And i 100%'d Jet Force Gemini. Fuck yeah.
Yeah, the commando mission was pretty hard and the ones later on got ridiculous.

And I didn't 100% Jet Force Gemini, in fact, I think I never got to see the last level because I didn't rescue enough bitches.
Yeah, you're not missing much, the final mizar boss fight is impossible. I've never heard of anyone who ever beat it. As for the actual game, i 100%'d it, but i never beat the last boss.

bcponpcp27

Jan 9, 2009
I'm going to be super proud when I finally finish IWBTG! I'm making progress of about a boss a day right now. 3 down, and I'm at Kraidgief. It is easily the hardest game I have ever played. I can't wait to become the guy, I'll be so damn proud. I've never really beaten a game on the hardest difficulty, so IWBTG (i'm playing on medium, but that is still damned hard, despite the wuss points and the bow) is really going to be the 1st hard game I've beaten.

DrunkenKitty

Nov 20, 2008
I unlocked EVERYTHING in Goldeneye for N64. Beating the Facility in under 2 minutes to unlock invincibility is probably the single most difficult thing I've ever done in a game.

I have some serious moments of greatness in CounterStrike, TF2, and BF2142 too, but those are much less quantifiable.

atol

Jan 16, 2009
Beating the facility in under 2 minutes is easier than pie. Stick the game and a controller in front of me and I'd do it right now, having not even played the game in years.

One game that comes to mind is the PS2 Shinobi. The most life threatening thing in that game is falling, and it took a lot of practice to get through those floorless areas. Not to mention the final boss.
Though, I've probably done more imperssive things in my childhood that I simply don't remember.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I'll never forget the happy feeling I got parachuting out the plane and watching the achievements pop up for finishing COD4 completely on Veteran.

First time I finished top place in an online game was a huge buzz too.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Did I somehow run into a gaming forum where people have no gaming achievements? Come on guys, I know there are more of you.

I have no interest in ordinary gamers. If there are any speedrunners, 100% completionists, or The Guy(s) here, come join me. That is all.

Raiha

Jul 3, 2009
its not conquering the game, but i got 97 gold skulltulas in LOZ:OoT with the sound broken. no strategy guides or gamefaqs or anything. just a lot of listening to my own personal soundtrack and hunting room by room for those damn things. got a new RF switch for the last 3, kinda wish i had just muted the TV for it now.