What game did you play the most during your childhood

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
First: Duck Hunt, I don't think I could even read yet so what else could I do?
Then: Sonic 2
Thirdly: Banjo Kazooie

I have my brother to thank for embedding a proper sense of respect and love for the game.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007

I played this gem at a friends place one weekend. He rented an SNES, and this game, and we played it ALL weekend. Friday night, to sunday afternoon. No sleep. Just straight on playing. I was at his place (family friends, so it wasn't odd for me a girl chilling at a guys place all weekend at that age), so I had to stagger home at the end. I lived about a mile away, and have never before and never since been so tired.

I played the Secret of Mana so long, that I was becoming delirious. I was having trouble walking, cause I wanted to hold down a button and use the D-pad to move... me! I didn't have a controller in hand, so this was problematic. When I did make it home, I immediately walked towards my bedroom. I never made it there. I walked down a few steps towards my bedroom, and sat down, just to rest (but not after needing to push the right buttons-- equally problematic since there's no "sit" function in that SNES game). I sat, and boom- out like a light. I slept there for a couple hours, until I woke up energized just enough to drag myself to my bed.

Good times. :D

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Tekken 3, Crash Team Racing, Pokemon Gold, Future Cop LAPD...
That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there are others though.

JoR_Welshie

Jan 20, 2010
The 3DO/New World Computing Might and Magic series. God all the hours spent...where do the years go.

Vimbert

Aug 15, 2009
shining force 2. when i found out that i could continue to play that on my 360 via sonic's ultimate genesis collection, i jizzed. in. my pants.

Calatar

May 13, 2009
Age of Empires II
Seems to be a popular choice. I learned a fair bit of history reading all the descriptions of units.
To a lesser degree: Civilization II: Gold Edition, before AoE:II existed, and later Baldur's Gate II. I must have played and replayed BGII all the way through, including all possible subquests 10 times. Including the expansion pack.

Banana Pancake

Jan 17, 2010
I'm only 16 but my earliest memories of gaming is when I was 6 and I played with/watched my father when he played Streets of Rage, DOOM and Command & Conquer.

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
DOOM 1 and later also DOOM 2. I played those games frequently (during some periods even daily) for several years. I bought a bunch of books about the DOOM games, and CDs with extra levels, I made some levels of my own, I even dreamt about the game from time to time...
I miss those days sometimes.