What game do you NOT want Yahtzee to review?

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
Ever since watching my first Zero Punctuation got me hooked on it, to the point that a couple of friends of mine bought me a copy of Mogworld for christmas, I've wanted Yahtzee to review anything in the Ratchet & Clank series. They're my favorite games, there's not one game in the series that I didn't enjoy, and I was believing that since we agreed on things like No More Heroes (both of them), Psychonauts, Saints Row 2, inFamous, and a few others, that naturally he would enjoy R&C.

I've also come to realize that, as gamers, he and I don't really have that much in common. A fair number of the things he does like are for some vewry different reasons, he plays FPSs where I enjoy more JRPGs, the list goes on. So even if he did like those games, it may not be for the same reasons, and if he doesn't like the games, it'll be repulsed by my massive fanboyism for Insomniac(- Resistance, can't get the hang of those ones).

In short, what game(s) do you not want Yahtzee to review?

Shuswah_Noir

Nov 20, 2009
Even if Yahtzee tore my favourite games to shreds, it wouldn't have an effect on my opinion, and I'd still find the humour in the review.

Silent Hill 2 and Zelda OoT are my 2 all time favourite games -shrugs- Years of being a fangirl wont be changed by 1 person reviewing them, no matter how amazing they are at their job.

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
Shuswah_Noir said:
Even if Yahtzee tore my favourite games to shreds, it wouldn't have an effect on my opinion, and I'd still find the humour in the review.

Silent Hill 2 and Zelda OoT are my 2 all time favourite games -shrugs- Years of being a fangirl wont be changed by 1 person reviewing them, no matter how amazing they are at their job.
You are OK on one of those, he loved SH2 after all...

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
i don't want him to review skyrim when it comes out. I know he will because its one of the years biggest games but i have a feeling he's not gonna like it because he doesn't seem to like anything else from bethesda. out of my top 5 favourite games all 3 of them are RPG's made by bethesda. I love them so much, and it just makes me sad when someone does not get the same awesome feeling i get from these games. I hope he likes it, but i hoped he would have liked fallout 3 aswell :p

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
I don't want him to review boring stuff I've never heard about.

My views and preferences are almost the opposite of his, but that's part of the fun. What's really annoying is when a review goes up and it's something like 'A Shadow's Tale' or 'DC Universe Online' or fucking 'Iphone games'. I could not care less about these, so watching the reviews is like listening to someone make fun of a bale of hay. Really, really boring hay.

DtDust

Aug 13, 2009
I'm conflicted on whether I WANT him to review Duke Nukem Forever

If the game actually IS really good. If they stay true to the fans it could give him what he was looking for in Bulletstorm

No matter what I will like it.
But I am looking at it with Nostalgia-goggles

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
I don't care if he rips a game I love to shreds. He's a reviewer who's main focus is the faults of games and even games I love have faults. Plus the way he does so is hilarious.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
He should review everything because he does make good points. I love Bioshock, but I pretty much agreed with everything he said (outside of the hacking...I liked that XD)

Ultimate Evil

Feb 18, 2011
It would be too cruel to ask him to review Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, wouldn't it? I mean, it would be funny, but inhumane for us to want him to sit through that entire plot.

Itsthatguy

Jan 22, 2011
Yahtzee always has interesting and valid points to make. If he doesnt like a game there is a very good reason, fanboys be damned.

Shuswah_Noir

Nov 20, 2009
Purple Shrimp said:
why do you care what he reviews? you shouldn't value the opinions of someone paid to hate things
I don't believe he says he hates them just because he's paid to. He points out genuine flaws in the games that people would otherwise stumble across themselves. Just because he doesn't gloss over everything like ever other reviewer, pretending to love every game they play, doesn't mean he's 'paid to hate things'.

I'm more likely to respect the opinion of someone with high standards than someone who just says about how great everything is, while denying the truth. Some games (or anything else that gets reviewed) just suck. Avoiding this fact is nothing short of childish.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
I prefer it when he reviews games I like, that way i'll be better able to understand the jokes. As long as the review is funny I could care less if he thinks the game is bad.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Actually, my sweetie has asked me to no longer show her Yahtzee's reviews of games she's currently playing. She had started playing The Sims 3 shortly before Yahtzee's review came out. After she saw it, she lost all interest in the game. Same thing happened with Spore.

These were not cheap games.

So, now she doesn't want to see his reviews until she's finished playing the game.