What game do you NOT want Yahtzee to review?

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
ranyilliams said:
i don't want him to review skyrim when it comes out. I know he will because its one of the years biggest games but i have a feeling he's not gonna like it because he doesn't seem to like anything else from bethesda. out of my top 5 favourite games all 3 of them are RPG's made by bethesda. I love them so much, and it just makes me sad when someone does not get the same awesome feeling i get from these games. I hope he likes it, but i hoped he would have liked fallout 3 aswell :p
I believe I recall him enjoying both Fallout 3 and Morrowind, so it's a toss-up whether or not he will enjoy it.
Purple Shrimp said:
why do you care what he reviews? you shouldn't value the opinions of someone paid to hate things
He's paid to give his opinion in a humorous and appealing style. He probably got paid just as much for Saints Row 2 or the Orange Box as he did for Sonic Unleashed or Too Human. Besides, it's practically impossible to not care what some people think about things if you value their opinion. I could wish I didn't care as much about the opinions of others, but then I wouldn't be able to get my vision fixed, or gain psychokinesis, or something more useful.

FirebirdXR

Feb 22, 2011
Every JRPG ever... just so he can implode on himself.

I don't let Yahtzee's snobbish reviews effect my opinion of a game. I am just there for a good laugh.
Though I also wish for video and audio commentary of his typed articles.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
144 said:
He shouldn't review Pokemon because I like it and he won't.
This is exactly the reason I want him to review Pokemon. I enjoy watching him tear apart games I actually know.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
I'm very much like him when it comes to criticising something, so I don't mind when he does. And there isn't any game I don't want him to review. I know what I like and what I don't, and while his point of view might let me see things in a new light, it won't completely change my mind about anything.

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
The only games Yahtzee shouldn't review, are the ones he does wan't to, everything else should get its just reward, be it a verbal knifing or a precise verbal knifing followed with cupcakes and praise.

People don't watch yahtzee just to hear a game review, they watch yahtzee because he reviews games and is in fact, Hilarious and informative while doing so.

Itsthatguy

Jan 22, 2011
KarmaTheAlligator said:
I'm very much like him when it comes to criticising something, so I don't mind when he does. And there isn't any game I don't want him to review. I know what I like and what I don't, and while his point of view might let me see things in a new light, it won't completely change my mind about anything.
I wish more people could be as enlightened as you

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Really the only games I don't want him to review are the games I'm completely indifferent to and know nothing about. My opinions on the games he reviews are irrelevant. I pretty much just watch them for the entertainment value, so if I at least have a vague idea of what he's detesticlizing, I enjoy the review even if his opinions conflict with my own. It's almost along the same vein of watching a videogame parody, or listening to a standup routine making fun of a videogame. So as long as I know at least SOMETHING in the slightest about the game beforehand, I don't really care what he reviews.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Itsthatguy said:
KarmaTheAlligator said:
I wish more people could be as enlightened as you
So do I. Oh well, you do the best you can with what you have.

May 5, 2010
I really don't care what he reviews. It's not like he actually effects the quality of the game.

.>

I said, IT'S NOT LIKE HE ACTUALLY EFFECTS THE QUALITY OF THE GAME.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Nothing. His best reviews are when he bitches on the best games. Personally I want him to do Ocarina of Time. I'd love to see him rip into the best game ever made.

If anything he should lay off reviewing the crappier games because their faults are already obvious.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
Hopefully, no more Nintendo. Not that I don't appreciate a good roast of my favorites, but he tends to follow his own formula about mocking formulaic approach to story and core gameplay instead of critisizing the unique mechanics about a game. For exmaple, in his Galaxy 2 review, most of the video was about the plot, and the basic gameplay--he literally covered the level design and new power ups in about two sentences.

Edit: To clarify, this about the quality of those videos, not seeing him rip into games I like.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I think he does his best work when he reviews popular, well-known games. He ought not to bother with little-known games, since that won't get much of a reaction. It's kinda like trolling, really.
I would love to see him review a Pokemon title, just to read all the enraged comments that'll be left by fanboys.

yoshiru

Mar 7, 2011
I do not want him to review Portal 2. Because if the game isn't JUST as good in completely different but just as legitimate ways (as the first game) than he won't like it. And unless the game is less fun than Team Fortress 2's item-drop-crafting-store system than I will like it regardless because I pre-ordered it and would do anything for more of this Half-Life universe that I'm starting to forget even EXISTS.

Elexia

Dec 24, 2008
Yahtzee has only reviewed one game I owned before his review (Sims 3). But that's not a game I'd defend with my life or anything. I don't really care if he reviews and slaughters a game I love. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

If Yahtzee reviewed, say, Private Eye (my fave game of all time) and called it boring or crap or whatever, I wouldn't care nor would I take it to heart. What matters is I like the game. I'm also a huge Duke Nukem fangirl, and chances are 100% he'd be on Duke Nukem Forever and tear it to bits. I'd probably still find it amusing.

Mrglass08

Legacy
Dec 12, 2010
Country
United States
He is allowed to have his opinions and I will not begrudge him that. For instance Mass Effect is one of my favorite games of all time and he did not really care for it. This did not change my opinion of the game one bit.