What game do you want remade for Better Graphics?

er910

Jul 23, 2015
Jak X Combat Racing. Every other PS2 era mascot game got an HD version (even Ratchet Deadlock). I would love to see that in the new Ratchet & Clank engine with some of that Drive Club rain.

scorn the biomage

Say no too ethics.
Jan 21, 2012
Dedtoo said:
Dwarf Fortress.

Say what you want, I tried that game, but ASCII is just not a level of graphics I can play with.
have you tried the graphics for dwarf fortress known as stone sense its changes the ASCII art to something more towards gnomoria

Sep 13, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
And the look and athmopshere of Shadow of the Colossus would definately be even more better if it was remade from the ground up for PS4 standards (Think games like Bloodborne and the Upcoming Dark Souls 3)

So what do you think deserves the better graphics treatment?
I'm one of those people (assuming there are others who think this) who actually preferred the Ps2 version of SotC to the Ps3, HD rerelease. Although, this isn't so much that I disliked the idea of an HD version, but that the HD version was horribly made. The main issue was the lighting. The bloom would go from extreme to nothing just by moving a step or two. They also kind of hampered the gameplay, but that isn't a graphics issue.

This is a hard question though, I'm trying to think of games where the graphics impaired an otherwise enjoyable experience. Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines was a little weak in the visuals department (coming from someone who played it a decade after it came out), I think a lot could be added to it if those were a little better.

Ico might be another one, although I'd trade HD graphics for a proper third person camera

Asuterisuku

Jul 10, 2011
verdant monkai said:
The most important games to remake are games that are not easily available so I'd say Dagger Fall.

The other suggestions are okay but mine is the best and you know it. Daggerfall isn't easy to get as it's not on gog or steam. Bethesda could just make HighRock a massive DLC expansion for Skyrim that is a huge map add on.

Fallout is shit with banal visuals and no option to play as a werebear. Bethesda could make the daggerfall expansion for Skyrim to drum up interest for the next elder scrolls game. All production of fallout 4 DLC could be halted and they could divert all efforts to making the next elderscrolls game which shall be set in either elsewhere where the cat people are, or black marsh where the lizard boys hang out.

A skies of Arcadia wii u re-release is also mandatory.
Daggerfall is... actually very, VERY easy to get, as Bethesda declared both it and Arena as freeware a few years ago.
http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I believe it's time for the rebirth of the Dot-Hack quadrology, Infection through Quarantine. It has been over a decade, and the last game in the whole series (Link) was some time ago. It feels just about right to make a PS4 game holding the entire games with some nice updates. You could do some nice things with that.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Star Wars: Tie Fighter would probably be at the top of my list, although I would need to find a new joystick.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I'd love a remake of Seek and Destroy [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seek_and_Destroy_(2002_video_game)] to get it into modern graphics.
Same with Naval Ops: Warship Gunner [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Ops:_Warship_Gunner].
Both are brilliant games centred around character customisation (so to speak) that we generally don't see outside of RPGs nowadays.
If they suddenly got announced for HD remakes and released on Steam... I'd buy them without a second thought.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
A lot of N64 and PS2 era games. On a lot of them (Not all) the graphics haven't aged that well. There's a reason Shadow of the Colossus got an HD remake (Though to be fair the original is one of the few I consider to have held up)

Come to think of it, a lot of them HAVE gotten the remake treatment, at least on the N64. Still, no one's remastered Jet Force Gemini.