What game do you want remade for Better Graphics?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
What I mean is there are some old games released on say 2002 to 2005 that you feel deserves of built from the ground up remake? Like look at the Morrowind Overhaul mod and how much life is added to a reletively old game. Its graphics I argue is even better than most games.

To me I like to see Remake of Metroid Prime and Shadow of the Colossus.

Imagine if a Metroid Prime remake would have the graphics of Crysis 3 on PC?

And the look and athmopshere of Shadow of the Colossus would definately be even more better if it was remade from the ground up for PS4 standards (Think games like Bloodborne and the Upcoming Dark Souls 3)

So what do you think deserves the better graphics treatment?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I've said it once and I'll say it another 93909235 times; Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

Not only does the setting deserve a lot more attention, the game was also horribly behind in terms of graphics. It paled in comparison to games like Planescape: Torment, which was older even. And that's sad because it has this amazing Victorian-fantasy style and, you'd think, with corresponding architecture and whatnot. But we didn't really see that as the art design was pretty shit. To see it done on the level of Pillars of Eternity with a really good art department behind it; oh my yes.

Hence why I'd welcome a remake or a (spiritual) successor. And with the renewed popularity of CRPG's, well, why not?

It's also funny that you mention Metroid Prime. A while back I started playing it again, and honestly; for atmosphere's sake I don't really need better graphics in that game. The art direction was that good if you ask me. And that in the end is what matters to me.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Resident Evil 2

Yes, I know Capcom is already working on that, but I want it to be done well. I want RE2make, not Resident Evil 2: Revelations Remaster.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
Mechwarrior IV, really any of them.

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was when we got that trailer awhile back for a new mechwarrior game only for it to fall apart and end up turning into online only FTP multiplayer game.

I just want a mechwarrior game with a proper single player with some multiplayer support on top of it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
First Mafia, first Mercenaries game, Vice City and San Andreas, first Witcher, all of Metal Gear Solid games before MGS 4 remade in Fox Engine. Or just Snake Eater. I'd settle for that. Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

And the list goes on.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I'd love Silent Hills 1 through 4 to be updated to modern graphics[footnote]The HD remaster of 2 and 3 has worse graphics than the originals I swear[/footnote]. If I could only choose one, I would want 3 to be updated given that it's my favourite. The graphics need work, but really the animations being given a buff would be a huge improvement.

Even just updating it to Shattered Memories graphics would be fantastic and would drain any money I had to hand.

G00N3R7883

Feb 16, 2011
None. Gameplay > graphics so I don't care about remakes that only improve graphics.

I want remakes of Resident Evil 2 (already announced) and 3 because I've never played them. I'd be interested in remakes of Mass Effect 1 and Witcher 1, with the combat system improvements from their sequels.

someguy1231

Apr 3, 2015
Since we're already getting remakes of FF7 and RE2,

Vice City and San Andreas remade with the visual quality of the GTA V PC (at max settings, of course).

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Battlefront II, as both games would, if they had their graphics updated to that of a standard triple A game of today, be miles ahead of the abomination that is Star Wars Battlefield we're about to get in a few months.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Zontar said:
Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Battlefront II, as both games would, if they had their graphics updated to that of a standard triple A game of today, be miles ahead of the abomination that is Star Wars Battlefield we're about to get in a few months.
Bit too soon calling it Star Wars Battlefront Next gen in abomination

And I played Star Wars Battlefront 2 (own the GOG version) and it was a rather simple game. Nothing to earth-shartering.

And it was alsways just Battlefield with a Star Wars skin.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Mainly the games I always want to see remade. Secret of Mana, Xenogears, Metal Warriors, etc.

But if there's one game I like that I feel suffers from the graphical hardware limitations of its time, it would probably be the first two Turok games. Preferably improving everything else along with it of course. Maybe make a double pack with remakes of both games plus bonus content and multiplayer, and call it Fireseed Chronicles.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Not really, every single thing that has been revealed about the game has pretty much confirmed it's just this years obligatory instillation in the Battlefield games, which have been going down hill faster then Call of Duty has in terms of quality ever since the first Bad Company.
And I played Star Wars Battlefront 2 (own the GOG version) and it was a rather simple game. Nothing to earth-shartering.
Perhaps, but it still manages to be better then virtually all shooters of the past 5 years.
No, it really wasn't. The original two Battlefront games where as much a Battlefield reskin as any FPS is a CoD reskin, or Half Life being a Doom reskin. Until the game comes out in a few months the criticism remains invalid just as it has for the past 10 years.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Oh yeah, I really like to see the original Metroid trilogy given an HD upgrade. Maybe bump up the frame-rate, tweak the controls to be more in-line with modern shooters (ie: two-stick aiming/movement) and when it comes to Metroid 3 just the ability to use a standard controller (or gamepad...really, anything other than Wiimote + Nunchuck) would be fantastic. Other than that...

Otogi: Myth of Demons and I suppose Otogi 2 (which I haven't played much of). I loved the atmosphere and feel of those games but they could definitely use a graphical touch-up. I realize you would rather From Software work on Dark Souls 3 but come on, Otogi was freaking awesome!

Black. Do you guys remember Black? It was a short single-player shooter with a huge emphasis on landscape destruction. It wasn't a terrible shooter but the gimmick made it worth playing. It was the last high-profile Xbox game and one of its bigger features was how you could play it on the 360. I think a remake with more missions would be best for it but a graphical update and achievement/trophy support would be a great start.

Burnout...just...the original Burnout trilogy. Why hasn't this happened yet? These games were freaking amazing on the PS2 and my favorite racing games that didn't include Super Mario and his buddies. Add trochievo support, bump-up the graphics and add in some extra CRASH challenges...and that's really all you need. I miss Burnout.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Earthbound. Although it looked fine in 1994 and looks fine now, it would be good to see it get the 3D treatment for a full 3DS remake. The game mechanics themselves not perfect, but they should be left how they are, although some of the GUI could use refining and updating.

Dedtoo

Aug 28, 2009
Norway
Dwarf Fortress.

Say what you want, I tried that game, but ASCII is just not a level of graphics I can play with.

Ayen Matthews

Aug 23, 2015
Casual Shinji said:
Resident Evil 2

Yes, I know Capcom is already working on that, but I want it to be done well. I want RE2make, not Resident Evil 2: Revelations Remaster.
Keep those fingers crossed. On one hand, it's great they're finally giving what fans been asking for for years. On the other, Capcom present track record hasn't been the greatest. I hope they go the RE Remake with 2, as well. RE1 Remake is one of the few examples out there where the remake was actually better than the original.

Evonisia said:
I'd love Silent Hills 1 through 4 to be updated to modern graphics[footnote]The HD remaster of 2 and 3 has worse graphics than the originals I swear[/footnote]. If I could only choose one, I would want 3 to be updated given that it's my favourite. The graphics need work, but really the animations being given a buff would be a huge improvement.

Even just updating it to Shattered Memories graphics would be fantastic and would drain any money I had to hand.
I didn't know I wanted this until I read somebody else say it. SH1 probably needs it more since it's the most outdated on the graphics department. 2 & 3 looks okay in the HD port they came out with, but I never played the original games on PS2 so can't compare it very well. Oh, just saw your comment on the HD remaster.

As for my own answer: Final Fantasy VI. I'd love to see it get the same treatment FFVII is now since it's easily one of the best entries of the Final Fantasy franchise. I don't expect them to go that far with it, though. 3DS remake at most.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Most of the classics on the N64, Half Life, and some others WITHOUT CHANGING ANY DESIGNS AND THE LIGHTING! Is that so fucking hard? Why do all these re-makers think they can out design the original artists? *sigh*

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Zontar said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Not really, every single thing that has been revealed about the game has pretty much confirmed it's just this years obligatory instillation in the Battlefield games, which have been going down hill faster then Call of Duty has in terms of quality ever since the first Bad Company.
Perhaps, but it still manages to be better then virtually all shooters of the past 5 years.
No, it really wasn't. The original two Battlefront games where as much a Battlefield reskin as any FPS is a CoD reskin, or Half Life being a Doom reskin. Until the game comes out in a few months the criticism remains invalid just as it has for the past 10 years.
1. I find the Bad Comapny games to be grossly overrated. I've seen enough Multiplayer of Bad Company to know its not that special. Also there's no Jets in Bad Company nor do you have the ability to prone, and the shotguns does not do true aim down sights. Destruction? They brought that back in BF 4.

2. Past 5 years? 2 years ago people were all frothing at the Bioshock Infinite (the most overrated game of the year, to the point that I think people forgotten about the original Bioshock)

3 And I think your being to harsh when you say that the Battlefield game's have been droping in quality. The only reason people dislikes BF 4 is because of the bugs at launch and right now its an even better game than 3.