What game do you want to see on the Wii U?

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Lugbzurg said:
Someone else likes Starfox Assault? YES!
It was good, but not great. It felt way too compact and short for a Star Fox game, but what was there was fun as hell. I just wish there was more of it in that package, like the branching paths from Star Fox 64 and the like.

Subscriptism

May 5, 2012
None, I want Nintendo to be punished for their stupidity. I wish they'd focus keeping up with the "hardcore" crowd rather than pandering to the casual pastel shirted family. I'm not saying they can't do that, they just don't have to ignore the "hardcore" market and are stupid for doing so.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Lugbzurg said:
Assassin Xaero said:
I'd like to see a new Metroid Prime (or a new series that is still FPS) game that uses the controller for scanning.
Metroid Prime is not an FPS. It's in first person, and there's shooting, but nowhere near enough for it to be considered an FPS, much like you wouldn't call Grand Theft Auto a racing series. The same applies to titles like The Elder Scrolls and Mirror's Edge.
an annoyed writer said:
Star Fox. We haven't had a brand-new installment since 2006(NO THAT REMAKE DOESN'T COUNT!) and I'd really love to see what Fox and the crew are up to these days. Combine Star Fox 64's branching levels and overall expansiveness with a refined version of Star Fox Assault's multi-tiered gameplay, and you have a recipe for complete and utter win. Also, Star Fox Assault's orchestrated score fit well into Nintendo's current running theme of orchestrating scores for its big-name titles, and I'd love to see more of the series' themes handled by a full symphony.
No where near enough? I'd say 60-75% of it was shooting, maybe about 20-30% platforming/puzzles (which involve shooting)/morph ball (that percentage still seems high), and maybe 5% scanning. Mirror's Edge was barely any shooting, and I don't think it was ever required. I don't really remember ever racing in GTA either, so obviously that isn't a racing game. There wasn't much taking to people, or quest finding, or story development. Basically just go here to get this upgrade, now use that to get this one, now use that to get this other one, etc. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds a lot like an FPS to me.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Brand new console Fire Emblem. Awakening seems great, but I want more. Besides that, Baten Kaitos 3, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and anything Atlus would seal the deal for me.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
A proper Metroid game. (Classic style, or Prime, just not Other M.)

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
I would like to see more screen exclusive games. I hear there have been some good tablet games and I think it would be interesting to see on a U gamepad.

Oh geez, now I'm imagining Angry Birds U.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Oh so many. Off the top of my head:

We need a new F-Zero. GX was amazing, it's pretty much my favorite game of all time, it was a crime they didn't release a sequel on the Wii, the Wii U is more than capable of handling it though. Think of all the amazing things they could do: HD courses! Online play with up to 30 racers! It would be amazing! They need to do this!

A Tales of Symphonia remake. It was the game that got me into the Tales series its still my favorite in the series and one of my favorite games of all time, a remake for the Wii U would be awesome (I'd be cool with a 3DS remake as well)

Another entry in the Baten Kaitos series. I can't lie to you people anymore, the GameCube was pretty much my favorite system of all time, and this (along with the previous two games) was the reason. Origins was amazing, th battle system was fascinating, the characters were engaing, the world was one of the most interesting I've seen in any game, right next to Xenoblade Chronicle's world.

On a different note an Elder Scrolls game for the Wii U would be kinda cool, I know it's not likely but unlike the Wii the Wii U could definitely handle one, it'd be awesome to see an Elder Scrolls game on a Nintendo system. Maybe a remake of Morrowind or Arena.

I can't think of much else... maybe a sequel to The World Ends With You. It's a little premature but The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles definitely deserve sequels and there's no better place for them than the Wii U! And that's about it.

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
Pokemon
Super Smash Bros
Starfox

Pokemon they always make at least ONE spin-off game onto their consoles, but i'd like to see how they incorporate the gamepad into a pokemon game... likely have it be like a little pokedex you can look at to see pokemon stats and such... cool, but unnecessary
SSB is a staple in Nintendo Consoles. and the main reason i'm excited for the Wii U is because that means a new SSB game
and i'd LOVE to see Starfox on there because i believe they could do a lot with the gamepad/tv combination and make it a really fun game. like using the gamepad as your targeter while using the stick to control flight, or vice/versa. i believe they really COULD do something new, interesting, and fun with it. plus i'm still peeved about there not being a Starfox for the Wii and hope they rectify that by giving the Wii U one

deviltry

Nov 18, 2009
I'll say the game I do not want to see on Wii U:
Bayonetta 2.

Wii U exclusive out of nothing. Seriously, what the hell. Screw you Platinum games too, not buying Revengeance and your future games.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Subscriptism said:
None, I want Nintendo to be punished for their stupidity. I wish they'd focus keeping up with the "hardcore" crowd rather than pandering to the casual pastel shirted family. I'm not saying they can't do that, they just don't have to ignore the "hardcore" market and are stupid for doing so.
Well Nintendo sure went overboard with motion controls with the Wii but as someone who never owned one there seems to be a fair few number of good under the radar games for the system despite what all those console kiddies said years back. But if cater to the "hardcore" means popular multiplats like FPS and Sports titles and nothing else then I'm glad they're not doing it. As I don't want it to become another XBOX 360 which has a great selection of games but is the pits for MP outside FPS & Sports.

Personally I'd like to see Ninty work more on becoming THE choice for pre-xbox, DC / arcade style gamers, Bayonetta 2 is good start but there needs to be a few more killer APs, like a F-Zero with MP, shmups, fighters, lightgun games, rail shooters and racers etc. The other consoles can keep FPS and Fifa and most multiplats for all I care. (even though a FPS made with the touchpad for aiming would be interesting to see how it compares with a m&k) I'd rather have exclusives it's probably the best thing for getting a MP community around niche genres, instead of spreading the playerbase too thin with multiplats. I've got my PC/ 360 for the other games.

Oh and Ninty need to get CAVE onboard and so they can make a shmup that while working with traditional controllers also works with the touchpad. Considering how popular CAVE shmups are on the iphone with ppl who can't play to save their lives with a normal pad, it makes good sense.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Legend of Zelda: 4 Swords (with local and Online multiplayer)

Zelda wiiU (looking and playing EXACTLY like the demo shown)

Mario wiiU (The first true squeal to Mario 64. No gimmicks or random themes, just a squeal to Mario 64. No outer space, no island adventure spraying water everywhere. Just true 3D Mushroom kingdom and open word hub again. So basically Super Mario 3D land, with huge levels that are complex and contain multiple goals. I can't imagine a more perfect Mario game)

Starfox wiiU (The first true squeal to Star fox 64. Maybe use the wiiU pad to show your bombs/shields, etc)

Banjo Threeie (Buy back Rare, and better yet find all the talent that left it and re-hire them OR give it to Retro Studios. They seem to be able to make good games out of abandoned IP's)

F-Zero wiiU (Nothing specific, just F-zero wiiu.. and for the love of god NO MII SHIT. I want the characters in the game)

Pilot Wings wiiU (See F-Zero regarding the miis. Nintendo; you guys pretty much ruined this IP on the 3DS. I'm giving it one more chance though)

So to summarize: the best games they could possibly make. If just one of these things comes to pass I'll feel like my wiiU purchase was truly worth it.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
This thread has covered many bases but I'd like to see a 3D Sonic game thats exclusive to the console, and also: DONKEY KONG!

Donkey Kong Coutry U would be an amazing thing to behold, I absolutely loved DKC Returns on the Wii, one of the best gams of the generation for me, though it's fairly damn hard.

More things like Sin & Punishment, Red Steel 2, Xenoblade, good Resident Evil games, etc, basically everything that I loved on the Wii and more!

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
jibjab963 said:
Nintendo diffidently has the hardware to do some pretty cool things when it comes to the Wii U but they just aren't doing it. With the superior graphics and the Wii pad I would love to see a more advanced version of Pokemon Snap. The Wii U pad would make an amazing camera and they could do so much more with it then they did with the N64 version.
Yeeeeeessss!!! I want to see another pokemon snap game, though I would like to see one with a bit more free range rather than on rails. I'd also like to see a full pokemon game on it.

I really want to see another Endless Ocean, but I want it to follow the controls and game play of the first one. It was very much a "Take your time and do what you want" game which I loved. I liked the exploration in it, and I think that the game pad could be used for taking pictures of different animals and zooming in for the areas with the really small animals. It would make a good inventory hub as well.

a7xman

Oct 14, 2011
Lugbzurg said:
Assassin Xaero said:
I'd like to see a new Metroid Prime (or a new series that is still FPS) game that uses the controller for scanning.
Metroid Prime is not an FPS. It's in first person, and there's shooting, but nowhere near enough for it to be considered an FPS, much like you wouldn't call Grand Theft Auto a racing series. The same applies to titles like The Elder Scrolls and Mirror's Edge.
an annoyed writer said:
Star Fox. We haven't had a brand-new installment since 2006(NO THAT REMAKE DOESN'T COUNT!) and I'd really love to see what Fox and the crew are up to these days. Combine Star Fox 64's branching levels and overall expansiveness with a refined version of Star Fox Assault's multi-tiered gameplay, and you have a recipe for complete and utter win. Also, Star Fox Assault's orchestrated score fit well into Nintendo's current running theme of orchestrating scores for its big-name titles, and I'd love to see more of the series' themes handled by a full symphony.
I loved Assault too! And Adventures, for that matter. The only Star Fox I don't care for, and admittedly, I'm a huge fanboy, is Command, because, well, story, gameplay, graphics, it was just a disappointment. And thank God somebody else appreciated Assault's amazing soundtrack! (Internet high five)Haha. Apologies for the excitement, but with Batman and Injustice coming to Wii U, I just need Star Fox and Nintendo will bring me back. I loved Gamecue more than PS2 or Xbox by far, and grew up on 64, but when the Wii abandoned Star Fox, F-Zero and Metroid largely, I just couldn't keep playing only motion-controlled games. Yeah, Link's cool, but I could care less about Mario. But I kept holding out hope that the Wii U would go back to Gamecube and N64's gameplay first approach, and it seems like, for the most part, they are. Just give me another good Star Fox, Nintendo, and you can have my money. Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Metroid and Kirby would be nice, but all I need is Fox and I'm set.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
deviltry said:
I'll say the game I do not want to see on Wii U:
Bayonetta 2.

Wii U exclusive out of nothing. Seriously, what the hell. Screw you Platinum games too, not buying Revengeance and your future games.
Yep, because the game not being made at all would have been a better choice right? Nintendo were the only ones willing to fund the game, so yah.

Sean Renaud

Apr 12, 2011
I never played the original Endless Ocean, is it that much better than the sequel which I thoroughly enjoyed even with the silly story they force fed into the game. I only felt rushed a few times and that was usually due to legendary predators showing up in the story to fuck my day.

As for what I want on the WiiU:
Mario, ideally in a format similar to Galaxies though with linear levels none of that N64 do it however you please stuff. The game was great, but like Mario 2 it was more a game with Mario in it than a Mario game.
Star Fox, seriously gents this shouldn't be difficult.
Fighter's Destiny: I miss this series from the N64 era, a fighting game that didn't really use a life bar and instead scored points for take downs, ring outs and other various things that just added to the variety.
Bio-Freaks, I know I'm never getting this but still.

Subscriptism

May 5, 2012
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Subscriptism said:
Yeah, because Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 are all casual titles...
You didn't read what I wrote did you? I'm saying that they should move a little more into the market of mainstream class of rpg, fps and other such games. Should they release a few more games along the lines of Far Cry 3 and Dragon Age type things I would be impressed but all they do is design gimmicky controllers that appeal to people with little sense.
Would you like to hold a TV in your hand while playing? Sureee would
Do you want it to be so awkwardly sized that you have to let go of the controller to reach the centre of the screen? Damn right
You want to keep buy old rehashed IPs? Totally
Shall any new IP be infinitely more shit than anything on the other console due to the gimmicky controls? If it follows the trend

Maybe I'm just not the target market.