What game got you into gaming?

Mar 25, 2010
When I was 5 years old, my cousin's Pokemon Blue got me into gaming. I played one entire playthrough with just a Charizard and a Gyarados, not knowing I could catch Pokemon. :D

Mystify

Apr 15, 2009
Sonic. I got it a genesis for my birthday, and sonic along with it, and one thing led to another.

maddness666

Apr 14, 2011
My dad used to game. And it was either watching him play Baldur's Gate or Age of Empires that got me into it. I would hover at his elbow watching until he offered to set up his old computer so I could have a go.

We did have an Atari before that but it was definitely those two that got me into gaming.

Now I sit in my parents house and play vieo games for most of the day and idly browse the internet the rest. My dad no doubt regrets setting up his old computer.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
First games I ever got really into was the original Rayman and the original Crash Bandicoot. However, what got me into multiplayer gaming in a big way was Timesplitters 2. Day of Defeat: Source then sparked my love affair with PC and online gaming, and CoD4 turned me into a competitive player.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for GBC. It included the original SMB (plus a save feature), the japanese version of SMB2 and a race minigame where you race against Boo. Love that game so much.
[sub][sub][sub]Still haven't been SMB2 though...[/sub][/sub][/sub]

fwiffo

Sep 12, 2011
The Bard's Tale (1985) on an apple IIc. Good old black and yellow screen. Good times.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Oh god... i remember playing old games from arcades and such, but the one that strucked into my memory will always be Sonic and Rocket Knight for the Mega Drive...

Those made made me a gamer :D

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I did have some great fun playing Alex Kidd and the original Sonic the Hedgehog on the state-of-the-art Sega console on display in the little book/toy shop at my hometown's tiny, crappy shopping mall, but the first game I ever wanted to actually own, was Super Mario World on the glorious SNES. Which I first encountered in the toy shop at Oslo City, an enormous shopping mall in Oslo. (Yeah. Nintendo in the capital, Sega in the boonies. Go figure.)

Super Mario World was one awesome game, all right - I ended up playing it almost until the PS2 came out!

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I grew up on the N64/PlayStation, but the two games that REALLY got me into gaming were Super Smash Bros. Melee and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the GameCube.

DrunkPickle

Sep 16, 2011
I didn't "enter" into gaming, I was "born" into gaming. I grew up playing games, and I never stopped to think that there was another world out there. Games were all I knew.

Although, with each day, I find that I'm less and less interested...

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Probably a combination of Pokemon and Dragon Warrior Monsters. I got both of them around the same time, loved both of them to death.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
I'm pretty sure it was Super Mario on the NES. If not that, then probably GTA: San Andreas. I had all the cheats memorized. My brother was quite impressed.

imperialwar

Jun 17, 2008
well I'm about to show my age, although I'm not really that old :p
the game that I first played a lot of was a game on my commodore 64 when I was 13.
It was a game called Wizball. You controlled a wizards magical creation to collect icons that gave it power ups, like when you first spawned you would be bouncing in huge leaps, then you got a power up to reduce that, then to be able to fly properly. After A starting stage of like 10power ups each life you got into the real stuff of killing waves of enemies. One of the power up you could get was your cat minions creation that could collect coloured droplets from certain enemies. And that was the whole plot of the game, to add colour back to the world. After you filled you couldren with the appropriate colour you played a bonus stage, where if you cleared you could make you power ups permanant, so each life you started off a bit better.
It was also the first game where I clocked the score.
I loved that tape, thats right a casset tape of games. It had 6 games on it.

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
Half-Life. My dad let me run around on empty multiplayer maps when I was three. I eventually moved on to singleplayer, further solidifying my love of games.