what game got you into gaming

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Line ball between Battle Outrun on the Master System II and Monkey Island on PC - neither were the first games I played, but they were certainly the first "OMG I love this game" ones.

Havzad

Oct 9, 2010
age of fucking empires 2!
The Age of Kings!
BEST. GAME. EVER! thank you step-bro!

Fudd

Nov 9, 2010
Havzad said:
age of fucking empires 2!
The Age of Kings!
BEST. GAME. EVER! thank you step-bro!
Heck yes. The Conqueror's expansion was the first release I actually tracked. Fear the wrath of the Mongol horde!

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
My first game was ghost busters on the commodore 64, but it wasn't until command and conquer 95 that I really began to play games alot.

YogSothoth

Jul 21, 2011
I have no idea what the first best game was for me, mostly because the 5th to 8th years of my life are hazy (no it isn't memory repression or anything like that, I wasn't raised catholic after all...), but I would have to say that it falls under three catagories for me;
a) The first game to genuinly make me laugh (and having intended to) = Timesplitters
b) The first game to be actually playable and not kill me at the second enemy of the first level because I'm not some sort of meta-human with seven sets of opposable thumbs and bullet time = Crash Bandicoot
c) The first game that I bought its sequel without any hesitation because I just knew it had to be amazing = Spyro (the starting point of my current cynicism)

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
I remember when my parents bought me my first game. It was a mickey mouse game called Mickey Mania. I was playing the SNES when the gamecube was out. Then i convinces my dad to buy me a gamecube, and got Super Mario Sunshine.

Back then i couldn't beat either of them.

Aah brings back memories. Like that time i got constipated for two days and tried to take my mind off it by playing Mickey Mania.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
Without a question it would be Stronghold: Crusader, got it from a friend when I was less than 10, and racked up way to many hours playing that game, now that I look back on it, I realize, ``I was really shitty at tactics at a young age`` now i`m a little better, and i`m certain that if I were to go back to that game now, i would hand the AI`s their asses, because tactics extend further that just having as many cheap, unarmored units as possible, unless I plan to SLAVE RUSH, with more slaves (armed with only torches, and armored with their immense numbers) than common sense should dictate possible
EDIT: oh, and runescape, me and my friends played to much of that too, thank goodness I was both to young and to broke to get into WoW, or I would have become fused to a computer at all times.

vkola

Jul 12, 2011
NES back in 86 or so.. SMB, Metroid, Zelda, Excite bike, Ice climber.. ahh, the good old days.

Powertool

Nov 23, 2009
MechWarrior 2, I would play so much that in 3rd grade I drew a Summoner/Loki for what I wanted to be when I grow up. When my teacher asked what it was I told her it was a 75 Ton Mech. She asked what I wanted to do with it and I said, "I want to blow up Clan Jade Falcon" Now I am older and I realize that I would need a whole lot more than a single assault class Mech to do that.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
The Legend of Zelda.

Yes, the first one.

I was introduced to video games via Super Mario Bros, but The Legend of Zelda was the game that drew me in and made me a gamer.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
the first game i recall playing was some DOS-based adventure thing. you ran around a high school collecting clues for something.

First game I really got into was Novalogic's F-16. my little brother and I used to take turns seeing how long we could go without crashing, nevermind the missions.

Enigma Syndrome

Jun 5, 2008
Oh probably Metroid for the gameboy. Either that or Megaman 2. Later on in the SNES years Super Metroid pretty much cemented that post in forever.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
PC, Jane's Combat Simulation, played it on the atrocious Windows ME Edition.

For Console it was the first Pokemon Red on Game Boy Color

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
As far back as I can remember there were games in my house. Crappy little computer games, an original nintendo that we still have though never use, my brother had a sega that I had to beg to use, and then of course the original gameboy (Super Mario Land 2!). But the point where I REALLY started to love gaming was with the original Playstation.

See I heard about the PS1, how I can't remember, I don't even remember what it was that drew me too it and made me want it so damn much but for all of december I begged my mother "If you get me anything, get me a playstation." Well I got one...but I don't think I told my mother to get me any games! (I was 9, 10 at the most and an idiot.) So my mother got me some PS1 demo discs that Pizza Hut was Selling at the time.

That's when I fell in LOVE with the Final Fantasy series. One of the discs had a demo for FF8. It ends in a boss battle you can't win and it DROVE ME NUTS! that I couldn't beat it. So that was one of the first games I ever bought for my PS1 and it's what led me to loving all kinds of games. Now with a PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, and PSP it's safe to say that gaming runs deep. And my parents have never worried that video games are rotting my brain.