What Game Had The Best Overall Bosses?

ElegantSwordsman

Jun 17, 2008
Either Metal Gear Solid 3 or Shadow of the Colossus, though I'm tempted to pick both and claim they're one uber game.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
World of Warcraft and Shadow of the Collosus.

Two awesome champions when it comes to boss fights.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Baldur's Gate II as far as I am concerned. I'd have put some other games up here like Chrono Cross or FFX, but turn-based combat games more often than not had boss fights that, through chain attacks, just pissed me off. Therefore, I can't justify giving my props to a turn-based game.

BG2 was badass. Period.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past and Majora's Mask have great bosses. I don't agree with Twilight Princess, I nearly beat them all without getting hit once, found them too easy.

Super Metroid and Metroid Prime also had great bosses all the way.

I remember Shadows of the Empire on N64 has a great list of bosses.

Also Mischief Maskers, they were very challenging and a lot of fun. Definitely a hidden gem of a game.

The early raid bosses in Lineage 2 back in Chronicle 2 were epic. They just walk up to you out of nowhere and they were so big they didn't fit on my screen.

In the end I would have to say OoT had the best. They're definitely not the most challenging but I did find them to be the most interesting.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Mine would have to be the Metroid Prime Trilogy, so many creative bosses and concepts, it's amazing.

Runner up would be the Transformers Armada PS2 game, I think it had some memorable boss fights, if not all of them.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Metroid Prime, (Paper) Mario (even if the Bosses or the games aren't that hard it's still kinda fun), Legend of Zelda, Tales of Symphonia and a lot of other games.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Always_Remain said:
4 Resident Evil Resident Evil 4. Man I loved the bosses in that game.
I agree, these were brilliant.

And only more so if you could kill them all with the knife. Except the ones that require another weapon.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Metroid prime, Legend of zelda and God of War had some of the best boss fights I can recall.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
I am thoroughly ashamed. Damn kids and their bosses.

I'm saying: Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I'm tempted to go with Shadow of the Colossus for obvious reasons but I think Persona 4 should get a mention for a few reasons: They improved on P3's big shadow fights where the most interesting one was probably the Strength/ Wheel of Fortune fight. Each fight was unique with all the bosses having cool moves special to them in addition to regular moves.They were fun to fight and were memorable with P3's Full moon bosses not being that memorable, at least to me.

Then there were the improved mini-bosses ,there were less but they tend not to spam to bull-shit party killing attacks as often even though world balance and some of the bonus bosses could still be a right pain in the ass. Should be noted that I'm not hating on Persona 3, I love the game to death but I felt that P4 had the better bosses.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
Star Wars: Force Unleashed had some great bosses. There was always a certain technique you could use to beat them and leave you relatively unharmed but where is the fun in that? If you just fought them without the game breaking tactics, they were great fun. Especially Darth Vadar as there wasn't really a specific way around him other than kick the shit out of him.

EDIT: Also, Sonic 2 but only for nostalgia purposes.