What games do you flat-out suck at?

_tinned_magpie_

Feb 19, 2010
Any Halo game I've ever tried, I've sucked at. Give me an energy sword and I'll carve your ass into chunks, but I can't shoot straight to save my life, and I'm awful at both single and multiplayer. I often play with my brother and his friends. They think I'm a freak of nature because I laugh when I lose.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Fighting games. I just don't care enough to learn the combos, thus I just end up mashing the "low-kick" button.

Also, while I don't flatout suck, Starcraft 2 is a game that is just plain mean. For the first week or so after release, I was actually doing pretty good. I thought I had finally found an RTS that wasn't DoW that I could play online! Nope. Turns out everyone was just learning how to play. Now everyone knows how to maximize build orders, micro-manage their "asshole units", perfect their economies,....*falls asleep*

jamradar

Sep 13, 2010
Realistic racing games, I can handle arcade racers but not realistic racing games.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Racing, fighting, RTS, FPS games using keyboard/mouse, puzzles, and sports. And Guitar Hero, only because I can't use my pinkie finger (since songs on expert mode require that).

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Any sport of fighting game. I'll end up looking more stupid than the people in the game with me trying franticly to mash the controller to oblivion.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Space Spoons said:
Soul Calibur. They're fun games, I get into 'em and everything... But honestly? I just mash buttons. There's no strategy to it. I just mash. Inevitably, when I face someone who knows what they're doing, I get my butt handed to me on a silver platter.
I have found that first time playing button mashers will often CRUSH the experienced soul caliber players.

The first couple times.

The experience eventually starts to come back through. I taught my girlfriend to roll her palm accross all the buttons on the pad from left to right, good lord, she wrecked everyone, and it was about 30 minutes before I could start countering the bizarre mix of styles that comes out of doing it that way.

ars731

Nov 10, 2006
Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

my attempts to play it ended badly. I have a tragic lack of rhythm and talent

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Cannot do FIFA games for some reason.

Everything else I'm at least reasonable at.

EDIT: Oh and Wii games that involve excessive movement, I ain't built for speed.

Or walking fast.

Or standing up quickly.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
thiosk said:
Space Spoons said:
Soul Calibur. They're fun games, I get into 'em and everything... But honestly? I just mash buttons. There's no strategy to it. I just mash. Inevitably, when I face someone who knows what they're doing, I get my butt handed to me on a silver platter.
I have found that first time playing button mashers will often CRUSH the experienced soul caliber players.

The first couple times.

The experience eventually starts to come back through. I taught my girlfriend to roll her palm accross all the buttons on the pad from left to right, good lord, she wrecked everyone, and it was about 30 minutes before I could start countering the bizarre mix of styles that comes out of doing it that way.
Oh this takes me back. Eddie from Tekken 3. I was soooooo good at that game but he was my achilles heel. Even in the hands of a chimp.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Guitar Hero and COD. I'm good at DJ Hero and Quake, but not GH or COD, which are coincidentally developed/published by the same people.