What games/enemies scared you as a kid?

ddon

Jun 29, 2009
The invincible things on rayman three. They didn't exactly scare me, more of a "I'm going to definitely get killed by these things" reaction.

philzibit

May 25, 2009
The original Tomb Raider. The fact that every game on the PS1 looked so dark, it had a shitty camera, and the wolves always barking made it hard for me to play the first level. Also, the fact that there was no noise and no other people made the mansion part really creepy.

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
Nothing, actually. I didn't really pick up gaming till I was about 10, and I wasn't even allowed to play any scary games...

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
Pimppeter2 said:
The Bone guys in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time that showed up if you ever roamed the open fields at night.
They scared me so much that at night, I would either run as fast as I could or just hold down the shield button (as young link with hyrule shield) until morning came

Also the Robot Pirates from Rayman 2 (I think), even though they were probably easy enemies to face in retrospect, I dreaded every encounter with them.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I was not necessarily a kid then, but there was a castle in Alex Kidd in the Miracle World. I breezed through the rest of the game, but the music in that castle as well as the ramped up challenged freaked me out. The same for the ghost levels in one of those Mario games. Something about the music that put me off.

More recently, around ten years ago, playing the original Clocktower scared the piss out of me. And a few years ago when I played Zelda OOT for the first time, that as well. Everyone seems to fear the well of DOOM.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
dududf said:
I CAN'T play the metroid prime games any more. I scared the shit out of myself when I was younger, and now I just can't play The Game any more.
I lost the game... you bastard.

Halo scared me as a kid, namely the flood.

JS ibanez

Jan 12, 2010
Ocarina of time: ReDeads and the hands, especially the ones that split into three smaller ones when you killed them. The like likes were kinda creepy too.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
The headcrabs from Half-life 1... I remember them MUCH MUCH creepier then they actually were when i played the game again 6 years later..

MazzaTheFirst

Jul 1, 2009
Facehuggers. Always facehuggers. The stealthy ones that creep up and jump out of no where are pretty bad. But I hate whenever you see one in the distance, fire a few shots and go to check the body which IS NOT THERE. *Cries*

thatguy1

Mar 1, 2010
The only thing I can remember being scared of is sweet tooth's photo from the first twisted metal. my brother played it and made me be scared of video games (7 at the time) until I was comforted by an NSX in gran turismo, reassuring me that games were awesome and not scary.

TheDustyBanana

Feb 8, 2009
the fking Zombie things from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Also, the fking Moon from Majora's Mask. Well, the Moon was more creepy than scary but whatever.

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
Any section in a game where you have to swim or go in water scares me now because of the eel in Super Mario 64.

So pink.....so....evil...

SecondmateFlint

Nov 24, 2009
MediEvil did it for me. I had a huge fear of skeletons when I was younger (weird I know) so that game always freaked me out.

CarnEvil did it for me later. It was an arcade shooter that I must've spent $50.00 on over the years.

EDIT: OH! And the bedroom course from Twisted Metal 4. All of the blood on the walls just kind of freaked me out.

Serge A. Storms

Oct 7, 2009
The licker in Resident Evil 2 that jumps through the one-sided mirror in the police station. That fucked my shit up for awhile.

War Pony

Feb 19, 2010
Mortons4ck said:
Dead Hand, however, was a sin against nature.
It was most definitely a sum of mental images I did not need, especially from the fights.

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
The Flood from Halo made me shit my pants.

I couldn't beat a couple of the levels without a buddy, and only if it was in the day time.