what games made you get teary eyes

wakeup

Aug 26, 2012
its said developers have struck gold if their game can make someone cry. but there aren't that many games that have succeeded in this. the one that really got me is metal gear solid 4 which teared me up several times. others include heavy rain and the walking dead game. so what games or specific moments made you guys tear up or ones that nearly did. thanks.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Persona 4 at various points.
The near climax or climax of some social links and Nanako's death.

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
Bastion, near the end.

The Ultima VI intro music

Hype: the Time Quest also got me quite close somewhere in the last part of the game (Not really teary, just really sad)

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I can't say I ever really get teary eyed over a game but ME3 did come about as close as you could get. All crappy ending discussions aside, there were some emotional moments like:

- Mordin's sacrifice for the genophage cure
- Thane's death and his prayer for Shepard
- Grunt's near death before he came crawling out, covered in blood
- Legion's sacrifice for the Geth

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
The Good Ending got me teary eyed. Seeing the little sisters grow up and live a normal a life was incredibly heartwarming. The protagonist escaping is pretty damn heartwarming too considering the amount of stress he had to go through.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Lost oddesey . The 1000 years of memories short stories were truely amazing , we got an inside look on how it felt to be immortal. Most of the stories are really sad, and incredibly well written . When you add that with what we know about Kaim, shit tends to get real emotional real auick.

wakeup

Aug 26, 2012
Goofguy said:
I can't say I ever really get teary eyed over a game but ME3 did come about as close as you could get. All crappy ending discussions aside, there were some emotional moments like:

i yeah i forgot about mass effect. that game had a lot of sad moments

Rylee Fox

Queen of Light
Aug 3, 2011
If any game is able to make me cry as a result of events in the story, to me that's one of the best games ever.

Arc the Lad II is a game I can think of instantly. The Xenosaga series as well. Can't forget about Persona 4, my favorite RPG ever because you get so emotional over the characters/story.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Only two games have gotten tears from me before: Katawa Shoujo and To The Moon.

Both of those are emotional roller coasters that are damn powerful.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Goofguy said:

Yeah, some of those moments were pretty epic.

And the ending of Final Fantasy X turned me into a crying baby...

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
chadachada123 said:
Only two games have gotten tears from me before: Katawa Shoujo and To The Moon.

Both of those are emotional roller coasters that are damn powerful.
To the Moon would be mine. I teared up at numerous junctures, and flat out sobbed at a couple of crucial moments (you can probably guess which ones).

I got a little something in my eye during Keldorn's epilogue in BG2, as well.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
I hear Shadow of Colossus has done that, though I never played it myself.
But to give a proper answer, Katawa Shoujo has done so at several points and there was one scene in GoW3 that I found to be rather powerful. (Which I found odd that I reacted the way I did in not having played the first two and so I wasn't really as invested as others would be) Halo 3: ODST has at a couple points, perhaps for the score if nothing else. It has probably one of my favorite scores period due to how well it creates a mood.

I am sure that there are more, but currently nothing else comes to mind.

Edit: It appears there are a few games I will be trying out now.

furiousseraph

Jun 7, 2010
The point in Final Fantasy III where Celes jumps off a cliff. I thought the game was over at that point because she was marooned and had no hope of getting off.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
The end of Persona 4. If by "teary eyed" you mean pretty much weeping openly. Thrice.

Also a few bits and pieces of the Ace Attorney games. Usually towards the end. For example

Nothing more needs to be said

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Most of them, because I'm a big sissy. I hated every single character in Final Fantasy XIII, and they still managed to squeeze a few drops out of me.

The biggest tearjerker I've played is probably Lost Odyssey. That game just always does its best to depress you.