what games made you get teary eyes

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Final Fantasy 9.

The scene on the Zeppelin on disk one. If you have played the game, you know the one I mean. If you haven't played the game, go buy a PS2, buy the game, play it, cry when you watch that scene and then come back.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
MGS: Peace Walker, in the cutscene after the Battle with Peace Walker.
In hind sight, it was one of the weridest things I'd ever cried at.
"It's not thinking with it's head. It's thinking with it's heart..."
Manly tears were shed.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Only 2, both from this gen.

Mass Effect 3

Mordin, man. That moment is just beautifully done.

inFAMOUS 2

Considering that I myself see my best friend as a brother, the relationship between Zeke and Cole resonates very strongly with me and the good ending, it really gets to me.

jebara

Nov 19, 2009
Persona 3 ending did a number on me.
Portal 2 and Ghost Trick's ending had similar effects.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Mr F. said:
Final Fantasy 9.

The scene on the Zeppelin on disk one. If you have played the game, you know the one I mean. If you haven't played the game, go buy a PS2, buy the game, play it, cry when you watch that scene and then come back.
Ah, beat me to it.
Fine, Klonoa, I get teary eyed even thinking about the end.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
krazykidd said:
Lost oddesey . The 1000 years of memories short stories were truely amazing , we got an inside look on how it felt to be immortal. Most of the stories are really sad, and incredibly well written . When you add that with what we know about Kaim, shit tends to get real emotional real auick.
excalipoor said:
Most of them, because I'm a big sissy. I hated every single character in Final Fantasy XIII, and they still managed to squeeze a few drops out of me.

The biggest tearjerker I've played is probably Lost Odyssey. That game just always does its best to depress you.
I love that game to bits but Lost Odyssey really does have some moments that are really depressing and made me have a manly mist in my eyes for a few moments.

Also Final Fantasy IX. That game has some really moving moments althrough I do not care what anyone says
ViVi did not die at the end. He sent his sons to the party because he was too busy being awesome, racing sports cars and dateing supermodels.

And last the ending to Final Fantasy X and the bonus happy ending to X-2 had me tear up for a few seconds. X-2 was beyond bad but I forgive it because it has that ending.

Mr F. said:
Final Fantasy 9.

This guy knows. And you can get FF IX on the PSN if you have a PS3.

snowy556

Sep 7, 2011
Probably this part in Bastion:
when you are rescuing Zulf from his people, and you can only carry him and not fight back, and his theme music is playing in the background.

Hell, I still get a little teary when I listen to his song on the Bastion soundtrack.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Persona 4 at various points.
The near climax or climax of some social links and Nanako's death.
I totally agree. There were a lot of those moments, except:

For some reason I knew Nanako wouldn't stay dead. Not sure if it was denial or I just knew that they wouldn't kill her off like that.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
ME3 did have some really good moments to be sure, but I think Journey's the only game that provoked a real emotional response from me.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Another one adding Lost Odyssey to the list. I cried within about 10 minutes of that game. It was the first memory that set me off. What a truly beautiful game.

As the final fantasy fan girl I've cried at... well pretty much all of them. The most tears was obviously when 'you know who' got poked with a sword in FF7 and second to that was the heroes demise in Crisis Core. I cried bucket loads over Zack. I was so in love with his story <3

Ed Classified

May 1, 2011
I've never played a game that made me teary eyed, Mass Effect 3 managed to get some kind of emotional response out of me at some points.
I had to make some though calls and lost some old friends, although it got to me the fact that they aren't real people kind of diminished the sadness.

Even when I was forced to shoot a friend in order to commit genocide.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Nanaki316 said:
As the final fantasy fan girl I've cried at... well pretty much all of them. The most tears was obviously when 'you know who' got poked with a sword in FF7 and second to that was the heroes demise in Crisis Core. I cried bucket loads over Zack. I was so in love with his story <3
I didn't much like Crisis Core, but the ending... In the Japanese version at least, hearing Cloud's scream on the hill feels like being hit by a train.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
In Mass Effect 3, when that cyborg Ninja assfucker did something really really horrible to my favorite teammate.