What generation do you come from?

Alien Mole

The Quite Obscure
Oct 6, 2009
In between (late) SNES and PSX, I guess, with PC thrown in there somewhere.

Watched my cousin play a lot of SNES, then got a PSX and played Crash Bandicoot and Final Fantasy VII to death.

Then got a SNES emulator on my old computer because recent games wouldn't run any more. Ah, sometimes I'm filled with nostalgia and wonder at what a 333Mhz Pentium II could do back in the day. Then I think of my 3.725Ghz dual core, boot up Bad Company, and smile.

Throw a PS2 somewhere in there as well. Recently started using my computer for PS2 emulation instead of more modern games, and there's definitely a few gems in there.

Good times indeed.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Genesis was what I first played games on. Really started playing games with a PS1, though.

I never owned an NES, SNES, or N64. And don't care. Finally played Ocarina after getting my Wii...Didn't seem to find it as "amazing" as all of you do. But to that end, I found Link to the Past and Wind Waker to be my favorite Zelda games.

I'm glad I started with a Playstation, though. The N64 had a lot of good times...IF YOU PLAYED WITH FRIENDS. Goldeneye, Smash Bros, Mariokart...etc. All shitty solo experiences.

But the PS1 is where I discovered RPGs. You can have your Zelda, your Mario, and your Perfect Dark...I had Grandia. Man...did I love that game.

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
SNES gen. Although I got the SNES during the N64/PS1 era.

However, that's just the console gen. I was playing Escape Velocity and the original Warcraft for forever, back in the actual SNES generation. (Actually was originally a Mac gamer, from ages 4-8, only had Escape Velocity, Warcraft 1 & 2, and Lemmings)

Timog

Jan 15, 2010
I started gaming when I was 3-4 at the house of the lady who I stayed with after school (not really a daycare, but similar). Her son had an NES and I got hooked. I got my SNES a few months later and had it in my basement, where my buddies and I would waste tons of daylight.

When I got my first computer, not sure what age (but it had Win 3 on it, I believe) I got hooked on playing MUD/MOOs over Telnet. I wish I could remember which ones I used to play but it was so long ago that there's no way.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I was born in 1983. My first game was played on the precursor to the PC. I don't really count those games however as my first gaming experience. For me, it would be the NES.