What happened to Caramel Frappe?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Oh, do I know how that feels. Been doing that shit since mid November and can agree that it is really draining. It means making enough money to get by, but it doesn't make it suck any less. On the bright side I've gotten to interact with some friends I haven't talked with since high school as well as make a few new ones.

I actually still have your old/alt account for Xbox on my friends list and I think I have your phone number written down somewhere as well if it hasn't changed in the last few years.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Sorry to hear about the job situation. Here's to hoping you can work out something better.

Oh, and thanks for the honesty back there.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
]
Caramel Frappe said:
I know I'm a minor guy you probably don't remember but I really enjoyed the serial killer games, you even willing to do some artwork for to help spice it up. Thank you for all your help for the site.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
It gets hard keeping up with the bots these days so I'm glad I never took up the torch of anything approaching 'staff' status. IRL always comes first, this site is only a Yahtzee host now. Keep the good memories, learn from the bad ones.

Stay healthy all.

Feb 7, 2016
Christ, I've been coming to this site since like 2010 and that was one of the few names out of like 6 I could remember when stepping away from the computer. I haven't said much on this sites downfall because I didn't think I was active enough in the forums to really warrant that, but it's tough to see some people leave. I realize in this case we've got an answer as to why, and that's a rough answer.

I hope things ease up for you, Frappe.
And I wish the continued best for the people still trying to hold this site together.

Getting old sucks.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Marik2 said:
Go play doki doki literature club. It's the new katawa shoujo.
Except the only person you should be dating is Monika.
Were you the one who spammed monika in that thread Drathnoxis made?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Caramel Frappe said:
Likely the last time I'll interact with ya then, m8y.

Take care out there, all right? And apologies for the little tiff earlier in here.

[small]Rachnera is still best girl.[/small]

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
KissingSunlight said:
The Escapist Forums have always been full of self-righteous, trolling, passive-aggressive, harassing, toxic posters.
Thanks for playing.
Always. Huh.

Obviously I can't tell if you've had a past alias, but based on the join date...Y'aint been here long enough to make that call sonny jim. I have seen ALL, I even lurked 2 years prior to this. And I can assess that as an incorrect statement.

Trolls and dick-bags have popped up now and again in the earlier days, but full of them? Oh no no no, god no, they were far and few. This used to be the one forum I could tolerate more than one day in a week. I'd say this has become the way probably in the last 3 years or so. In the long long ago, t'was not the way.

Sleep Well Frappe, I was but a silent well wisher on your journey through here, but I wish you well in written form for your finale. Good night!

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Charli said:
KissingSunlight said:
The Escapist Forums have always been full of self-righteous, trolling, passive-aggressive, harassing, toxic posters.
Thanks for playing.
Always. Huh.

Obviously I can't tell if you've had a past alias, but based on the join date...Y'aint been here long enough to make that call sonny jim. I have seen ALL, I even lurked 2 years prior to this. And I can assess that as an incorrect statement.

Trolls and dick-bags have popped up now and again in the earlier days, but full of them? Oh no no no, god no, they were far and few. This used to be the one forum I could tolerate more than one day in a week. I'd say this has become the way probably in the last 3 years or so. In the long long ago, t'was not the way.

Sleep Well Frappe, I was but a silent well wisher on your journey through here, but I wish you well in written form for your finale. Good night!
I've been here as long as you, and I agree with Kissing Sunlight.
Ever since the beginning the Escapist has been known as an "elitist" haven. The passive-aggressiveness and toxic posters have always had the same meaning and intent behind their words. The only thing that has changed is the expression which it has taken. Right now it's about the "left-right" divide (simplified) but that is just one aspect of it. Other times it has been about consoles vs PC, or gamers vs publishers/developers, or religious vs non-religious, or gamers vs religious conservatives, etc, etc. The other thing that has changed is that the always present toxic posters has scared away the more bland and neutral ones, which in turn has pared down this site to the bone, making it much more visible and prevalent.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Charli said:
KissingSunlight said:
Thanks for playing.
Always. Huh.

I've been here as long as you, and I agree with Kissing Sunlight.
Ever since the beginning the Escapist has been known as an "elitist" haven. The passive-aggressiveness and toxic posters have always had the same meaning and intent behind their words. The only thing that has changed is the expression which it has taken. Right now it's about the "left-right" divide (simplified) but that is just one aspect of it. Other times it has been about consoles vs PC, or gamers vs publishers/developers, or religious vs non-religious, or gamers vs religious conservatives, etc, etc. The other thing that has changed is that the always present toxic posters has scared away the more bland and neutral ones, which in turn has pared down this site to the bone, making it much more visible and prevalent.
[youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c] But really, its probably somewhere is the middle between Charli and Sunlight. Usually people point out self-righteous, passive-aggressive types because its way easier to insult someone than deal with the fact that they don't believe they same things you do. Also, many other forums have aggressive-aggressive trolls or echo chambers, so anyone on here who fits the passive-aggressive bill probably is the lesser of two evils.

Wish it would stop, but recognise that it probably wont. Its like any argument today, compared to 50 years ago - arguments seem to be getting worse than the 50s and 60s but the fact that people don't lynch opponents at the drop of a hat means that we've made progress

EscapistAccount

Aug 18, 2017
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Ever since the beginning the Escapist has been known as an "elitist" haven. The passive-aggressiveness and toxic posters have always had the same meaning and intent behind their words. The only thing that has changed is the expression which it has taken.
The site was even infamous for this when it was a big thing; other sites knew about the Escapist forums and took the piss out of them for both this and the moderation approach.

And yes, there was always an undercurrent of elitism on the forum, there was always some group that the user base was saying they were better than and it seemed super important to work out who was the smartest group (protip: it was gamers, it was always gamers). That and the revenge fantasies were the worst things on the forum, it was very adolescent nerd.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
So who is CM now? If ya'll want a despot that'll rule with an iron fist, I guess I could give it a shot.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Jux said:
So who is CM now? If ya'll want a despot that'll rule with an iron fist, I guess I could give it a shot.
I've seen this a few times and I'm not sure why...

Caramel Frappe was never the CM, he was a staff member (I suppose with where the site is now, one could argue same difference).

If you really want to declare a CM, technically it would be Basement Cat.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
tippy2k2 said:
Jux said:
I've seen this a few times and I'm not sure why...

Caramel Frappe was never the CM, he was a staff member (I suppose with where the site is now, one could argue same difference).

If you really want to declare a CM, technically it would be Basement Cat.
Ah, I was just going off what I saw other people posting.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Arnoxthe1 said:
tippy2k2 said:
Caramel Frappe was never the CM, he was a staff member
wut? He was both. lol
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he himself said that he was CM at one point, at least for a time.

Of course, with all his posts gone, we have no way of proving it now.