What Has Your Country Ever Done For Us?!

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Lo and behold! [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_inventions_and_discoveries]

Now bow in awe.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Goldeneye103X2 said:
And most of the cast of Firefly, so yeah. We're pretty rad.
Damn straight. In fact, it?s not much known, but one day, God was so bored, he said ?I?m going to make a place fit for the likes of me? so he made Canada.
You forgot the part where the Devil sent French people in to make up for this.

YunikoYokai5

Jun 16, 2010
Scotland gave you the Television (and colour TV too)

...we also stole the telephone from some Italian bloke XD (Innocenzo Manzetti I believe his name was) but he didn't patent it so Alexander Graham Bell nicked the idea and got the patent.

We also invented the Kelvin temperature scale (which is used in astronomy mainly)

We also invented curling, golf, cycling (did I mention we invented the peddle-bike?) and a few modern athletic sports.

I also believe we invented the flush toilet :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discoveries

Don't trust the telephone! Alexander only got the patent so the invention is under his name XD

Jul 5, 2009
If your english or American or Australian, us Irish probably built a lot of your shit.
Also we've produced a lot of great writes and potatoes :D

ZetaLegacies

Jun 26, 2011
Canada gave you guys Super Man, JAVA, IMax movies, the first commercial jetliner, standard time, the telephone, and the zipper.
So canadians are awesome.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
King Toasty said:
Canada has graced the world with it's presence. You're welcome.
And Justin Bieber / Avril Lavigne. You will be made to pay!

South Africa contributed the R1 combat rifle, G6 artillery and head mounted laser guided missile trackers first seen on our helicopter pilots decades before the US and UK even thought it possible.

We also gave you the Springboks Rugby team so you could place bets on who is gonna win the Rugby World Cup consistently for ease of betting =P

ZetaLegacies said:
Canada gave you guys Super Man, JAVA, IMax movies, the first commercial jetliner, standard time, the telephone, and the zipper.
So canadians are awesome.
Phone was Alexander Graham Bell and he was scottish.

Other Scottish inventions include:

The lightbulb - James Watt
Penicillin - Alexander Fleming
Rubber Tires - James Dunlop
The Macintosh (clothing) - Charles Macintosh

There's a shitload more but I forget them atm.
My Dad is Scottish so I thought I'd defend their honour on his behalf ^_^

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Bloodstain said:
Lo and behold! [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_inventions_and_discoveries]

Now bow in awe.
It says in the medical section Germany invented Alzeimers disease....
The list is called "List of German inventions and discoveries"! Discoveries! D:

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
Buleet said:
really really good guns.
Belgium makes things other things then waffles.
Its responsible for 800 beers as I am told and the 6 monastery beers. I forget their proper name but I think Leffe is one of them.

RocksW said:

Guess where I live :]
Egypt?

Nulmas

Jul 16, 2010
To all the people who have been claiming that America invented the Internet...

You should that while the network itself was created in the US, the World Wide Web (HTML, etc) was actually created at CERN mostly by a british engineer called Tim Berners-Lee and a Belgian engineer called Rovert Cailliau.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
thaluikhain said:
And, if I remember correctly, the first defeat of Rommel's Blitz in WW2, and the first naval defeat of the Germans in WW1.
"If I had to take Hell, I'd use the New Zealanders to take it and the Australians to hold it."
-Erwin Rommel

Well, America put a man on the moon, split the atom, and its military invented the internet... so we'll have a legacy for quite some time, I think.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
We gave you the telephone dammit! What've you done for us!?
Well...

Jet engines, alternating current electricity, radar, lightbulbs, ball point pens, pneumatic tyres, steam power, trains, battleships (both the game and the real thing), liquid fueled rocket motors, aircraft carriers, the nations of India and Pakistan, other stuff...

Rippie

Sep 26, 2008
We discovered the new world, a.k.a. America....
I wish I could say your welcome.