What have you been playing lately?

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Deus Ex: The Missing Link - I'm in Loading Bay 3 so I'm near the fricking end I hope. I like Deus Ex, but now I just want to clear it off my backlog so I can uninstall and move on to the next item.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - I'm liking it so far, despite the weird glitches and bugs. It's not quite as scary as the original was, but then again I just a kid when I played that.

Borderlands - Someone once told me that Borderlands' single-player was pretty dull but the co-op was the most fun she'd ever had co-oping. So far the single-player is not wowing me with fun fun fun so maybe she's right. I do like the world and the aesthetics.

I SHOULD also be playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for my Let's Play, but the controls are so frustrating! And I always have a hard time replaying games, regardless how long ago it was since I played it last.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
Assassin's Creed (Vastly under-rated imho)

Assassin's Creed Revelations (Meh)

Infamous 2 (All around good game)

Portal 2 (Best writing I have ever seen in a game. Ever.)

Professor Layton and the Last Spectre/Specter's Call (Good as ever, even if the formula's a bit stale)

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Wonderfully charming, wonderfully fresh)

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
I have been playing planetside 2, torchlight 2, Mass Effect 2, and Thief 2 lately (lots of sequels geez)

M13

Jan 6, 2013
Always wanted to machine gun a shark so naturally I'm playing Far Cry 3.

Before FC3 I played Hitman Blood Money and then Hitman Absolution.
Hadn't played the Hitman games before and I liked them both. But liked Absolution better.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
A whole shit-tonne of Skyrim... still!
I get really OCD playing games like Skyrim. On one hand I'm really excited about all the content and the many options but on the other hand there are some things my character would never do. So I'm on my fourth playthrough with my character and considering it my "best" play because now I've done all that other tempting stuff I can play "properly." Eh, sometimes I wonder if I don't just suck all the fun out of games!

The almighty, the one and only, Shadow of the Colossus!
I recently watched Nerd Cubed's video of this on YouTube and he couldn't stop drooling over it as his favourite game ever. Then I remembered that I actually love it too so I set about playing it again! Awesome game in which you ride a horse throughout a barren, yet beautiful, landscape and take on huge Colossi in epic one-man boss battles. Simply extraordinary. If you haven't played it, sort that out right now!

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Dark Souls- Stupid Sen's Fortress. Stupid lizard people wielding oversized kitchen knives. Stupid pendulums that Edgar Allan Poe would have taken inspiration from. Yeah, Sen's Fortress is a difficulty spike, especially as I didn't find Blighttown that hard.

Cave Story+- Picked this up as part of a giveaway. Why the hell didn't I try this game eariler?! It's really good!

Dishonored- Bah. Humbug. Corvo just had to be betrayed by- Whoops! Spoilers!

Plants vs. Zombies- Shut up. I know that I'm late to this party. But survival endless is loads of fun.

Planetside 2- Fun, fun multiplayer. TF2 is simply refusing to work on Windows 8, so this takes the place of that for a while.

That's my fix so far. Out of those, my favorite has to be either Dark Souls or Cave Story+. Both are hard to a degree and are the types of games that hold my attention.