What have you been playing lately?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I recently bought Batman: Arkham City and Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock off the Steam Holiday Sale so I've been playing those. I also got New Super Mario Bros. 2 and LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D so I've been playing those too.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Legend of Grimrock (PC) - A classic styled dungeon crawler. Loads and loads of fun.

New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS) - Doesn't really need an explanation, does it?

Batman: Arkham City (PS3) - Free roaming Batman game. Was free on Playstation+ so I decided to give it a go.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Me and my brother have been farming Pyro Pete in Borderlands 2.

Aside from that, I've been playing:

Pokemon Platinum
Legend of Dragoon
Breath of Fire 4
Legend of Mana

It's a damn shame the PS3 can't uplaod games like Secret of Evermore or Secret of Mana. Hell, those games would be the only thing I'd play forever. That, and Final Fantasy 4: The After Years.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
The Steam Holiday Sale was good to me. Perfectly timed for my new gaming PC, too.

Currently playing Skyrim and Age of Empires III for single-player, and Battlefield 3 or Diablo III for multiplayer.
And a little League of Legends sprinkled in there for variety.

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
Pokemon Black 2, finished it over christmas when I was away from xbox/pc and have started building a new team.
FarCry 3, picked up at christmas, playing it on my xbox
XCOM Enemy Unknown, taking up most of my time. Incredible game, completely gripping. First day I had it 3 hours dissappeared in the blink of an eye.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I'm playing Empire: Total War at the moment. It's good, I really enjoy the campaign map and the alliance system. Having decent alliances makes the actual empire building 100% more fun than Rome: Total War (probably a lot more than 100% because alliances constantly attacking you for no reason made the empire building suck in Rome). It's nice all the variety that guns bring to the combat, I like how square formation, firing by rank, platoon firing are all things that have an affect on how battles work and there's a lot of variation now close combat isn't the only thing.

But it also feels a little unimpressive how much damage anything does, everything feels a little ineffectual. And I think the new animation system makes charges and swarming people in melee feel a lot less impressive. You can't get 6 guys clubbing a lone survivor and so everything takes a set amount of time to die, surrounded or not.

Saints Row 3: It's incredible how powerful good character creation is in helping a game. I'm not sandbox fan but the customisation has made this incredibly enjoyable for me. It really encourages roleplaying. I didn't think I'm the type, but now I change clothes most missions, have a wardrobe of outfits and a strong idea of what an appropriate outfit for a mission is. My lady is at heart a sweatshirt person, because she does not give a flying ef about what people think of her and where's something dumpy and comfortable. But she's also aware of the affect that appearance has. She's likely to dress up aggressively sexy when taking on people she really has a grudge against because it's a sense of her power. And in missions against less serious opponents she dresses silly because the idea that she doesn't take them seriously and can be fun and weird taking them down emphasises that she's not a person to mess with.

So I'm finding the actual missions and sidequests quite disappointing. I enjoyed the game so much that I had bought out every store in the city before even the tutorial on how to rob stores (my outside quest progress actually messed up the storyline quite a bit) and I finished all of Angel's quests before I'd even spoke to him, so I've got no idea what the tiger was about in the first place. But the actual missions and sidequests don't give you much way to express yourself. I wish there was more you could do with your gang and more you could change and customise, and I was into it enough that I really disliked having to traffic people etc.

MGS Peacewalker: Starting playing it, but I know I don't have enough time to complete it, so I've stopped. Haven't really gotten to any good bits so far. The mission chunks with no checkpoints are nice in terms of gameplay because it encourages fluidity and using the things I normally save scummed my way around in previous games. But the loss of a sense of an open continuous world (even though it is continuous) is a huge disappointment

Other than that I'm going to do another line of Katawa Shoujo and hit up the Sims (I've been binging on all the Mod the Sims mods)

Meatspinner said:
Planescape Torment. It's about a chatty, immortal Rastafarian who's trying to find himself.

I never managed to finish it back in the day and I thought I'd give it a second try. I'm at the part where I stopped playing, years back... and it's really boring. No wonder I stopped playing it
Is this in the realm with all the demons? Straight after Curst? If so, that's the worst part of the game but the end really picks up again. A trick is that you can actually basically run past all the fights in this section of the game. I'd recommend doing that

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Far Cry 3 is my main vice at the moment. I've also been doing a bit of Worms 2: Armageddon here or there.

I also try to sneak in a little bit of Assassin's Creed 3 and Dishonored every now and again. And as my niece was over recently, I played a lot of The Sims 3 and Castle Crashers with her.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
Far Cry 3 - My game of the year, for sure. The first game in months to pull me back into the shooter genre, of which I had recently began falling out of favor with. It also helps that it allows me to appreciate my recently upgraded out system.

Morrowind - Now I never played this when it came out. I didn't care for RPGs so it just flew under my radar until I started getting into the series with Oblivion, which I loved, when it came out. Skip ahead a few years, and here I am playing it with the Overhaul 3 mod and it's now officially my favorite Elder Scrolls title. A shame to see how much depth the series had to it, that isn't there anymore.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Let's See...

-Serious Sam (Series): Got a bundle deal in the Steam Christmas sale, and while I already owned the HD versions of TFE and TSE, I'm actually enjoying playing through the classics. Just recently finished BFE, and will get started on #2 after I beat The Second Encounter. Oh, wait, I need a description; KILL EVERYTHING.

-Clock Tower: This game is going down alongside Bioshock and System Shock in my book, where I actually have large portions of the game committed to memory due to how often I replay it. It's a late 90's point-and-click adventure game for the PSX (it's nowhere near as awkward as it sounds, believe me). It follows standard adventure game layout, save for one interesting twist; at any given moment, an immortal maniac with an immense pair of shears (aptly named 'Scissorman') will burst out of nowhere, accompanied with the most adrenaline-pumping theme music you'll ever hear. Now, since you play as a teenage girl or a middle aged psychiatrist, and since Scissorman is invincible, your only option is to run, hide, and pray that he doesn't find you. Also, if you pick a place that's really obvious (under a bench, under a bed, etc.) or somewhere you've hidden before, he will notice, and he will impale you. Now, the 90's horror game cheesy voice acting and corny writing are abundant, but Scissorman redeems it in full. Think of it as a distant relative to Frictional Games' works. Except without the Lovecraft. Just scissors. Really big scissors.

-Duke Nukem 3D: I always have a session of an old FPS going in the background in case I end up with nothing to do, and don't feel like playing anything else. You play as the singular most badass man alive, and fight aliens who are trying to steal our women. And you can run at nearly 60 mph. while kicking one leg constantly at a ridiculous height and holding a 50 lb. RPG all at the same time.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
TF2 - Standard. Play it whenever I feel like some good fun.

Fallout 3 - Best game of the past 5 years by far. Incredibly fun. NV may be better, but I've not played it so...

Portal 2 - Only just picked it up thanks to Steam Sales.

GMOD - Same as Portal 2.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Finished Dishonored a week ago. Now finishing Radiant Historia, which I'd started back in the summer and finally got around to playing again.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Binding of Isaac, going for 100% completion.

Torchlight 2 which I bought just yesterday.

captcha: are you a human?

Captcha has learned something from Cleverbot I see. And it didn't let me post even though I answered truthfully, but the tribe has spoken (second captcha).

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I'm playing far too much LoL. I basically find a new flavour of the month Champion that keeps me playing. Newest one is Jayce, AKA the safest top laner I have ever seen. I had the easiest lane phase ever against a damn Teemo. Teemo! Teemo was not aggravating as fuck that game! That's crazy OP!

I keep coming back to TF mid simply because of the awesome surprise reinforcements/lol time to die teleport ganks. I manage to teleport into my death too much for my liking though.

I'm playing more UMVC3 now, I just raised my rank back up to 7th Lord without really trying which is weird. I think Ghost Rider would be a good addition to my team but again, I can't bring myself to drop Phoenix Wright. The full screen wall bounce Ghostie assist works well with Phoenix though. Yet X-23 is my best character and I can't drop Vergil because he's too much of a badass!

Oh and I can almost block low consistantly. Almost. I swear you have to be pressing it in just a small area. I never have this problem in BB or Skullgirls. Back when Skullgirls was a thing. Surely blocking low is meant to be a choice not a skill? I KNOW the guy is going to use Sentinel's crouching M (H?) because that's his only good move apart from the jumping frying pan. So I'll block low and punish i-lol jk my low block didn't take gg.

I'm slowly going through BlazBlue CS Extend, quickly noticing that Noel's story arc is basically one massive fuck her over saga. I main Noel online so that's annoying.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Paper Mario: Sticker Star, NintendoLand and I'll probably start playing New Super Mario Bros. U tomorrow. I'm also thinking I'll get my ass handed to me when I decide it's time to try and finish Zelda 2 again.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
I've just moved house so I don't have much time for big long games at the moment so:

Binding Of Isaac - Semi random generated arena shooter... all awesome
Half Minute Hero - Quite amusing RPG send up which is both funny and strangely addictive
Notrium - Action type game about being stranded on a planet where you craft things and try to survive the environment.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I've been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption and Paper Mario Sticker Star. Every now and again, I go for some Skyrim or Ocarina of Time 3D, but Red Dead is what I've played the most of in the last few days.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Street Fighter X Tekken and Blazblue CS:EX - I love me some fighting games.
Just finished Brutal legend for the second time, The walking dead and To the moon.
Also, bought KOTOR parts 1 and 2. Playing 1st. Nice, so far, but I think I'll replay it just to have better char.