What have you learned today?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Today, I learned that Owen and Luke Wilson are brothers, and they've a third brother, Andrew Wilson (also an actor,) who looks nothing like either of them. Fun Fact: Andrew was in Idiocracy with Luke.

1699044947038.png1699044905008.png1699045178701.png

Reactions: gorfias

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
That there is an Hindu folktale about the head of a decapitated immortal demon chasing the moon to devour it; and when he swallows it, an eclipse occurs (just for the celestial body to reappear shortly after it escapes out of his severed neck)

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
movies are dangerous hazrards
well, fascist Italian political groups at least

Pier Paolo Pasolini is the mind behind the most controversial movie ever made: Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom. He is far from being one of my favorite directors, but there are few I respect more than him. Here is an artist with the courage to relentlessly stand up to corruption. An artist with ironclad beliefs, principles and values that he would die for, and he did. Admiration.

Resources used in the making of this video:

Whoever Says The Truth Shall Die - Pier Paolo Pasolini Documentary 1981 hardcoded English subtitles - • Whoever Says The Truth Shall Die - Pi...

FILMMAKER & POET ~~Pier Paolo Pasolini DOCUMENTARY - • FILMMAKER & POET ~~Pier Paolo Pasolin...
Pier Paolo Pasolini Speaks - • Pier Paolo Pasolini Speaks
Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1957) - Official Trailer - • Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1957...
Marquis de Sade - 120 Days of Sodom BOOK REVIEW - • Marquis de Sade - 120 Days of Sodom B...

Pasolini: Murder of a Dissident: https://www.jstor.org/stable/3397698
Who really killed Pier Paolo Pasolini?: https://www.theguardian.com/world/201...
PIER PAOLO PASOLINI’S DEATH: https://lifeinitaly.com/theorem-pier-...
Plea to reopen Pasolini murder file presented: https://www.ansa.it/english/news/life...
The Elegiac Heart: Pier Paolo Pasolini, Filmmaker: https://www.criterion.com/current/pos...
Salò: The Present as Hell: https://www.criterion.com/current/pos...

Salo, or The 120 Days of Sodom.

Music used in this video:
I) "Shapes of Shadows" - Franz Gordon
II) "Togetherless" - Franz Gordon
III) "Feeding Pigeons" - Magnus Ludvigsson
IV) "Maybe in Spain" - Franz Gordon
V) "Painted Memories" - Franz Gordon
VI) "Raincoat Waltz" - Franz Gordon
VII) "Eyes Forever Closed" - Kikorou

Chapters:
The Death of Pasolini - 0:00
The Man Behind The Camera - 4:07
Whodunnit? - 8:39
The Truth According To Salo - 15:14
Come and See and Learn - 22:00

people doing silly shit they learnt online again
it's wiring the mains electric to a microwave transformer then to a piece of wood to burn a pattern that isn't really unique enough to be worth the effort anyway

cops protecting nepo wife cops from inept corruption

inaccurate labeling, but the cop does a fine job demonstrating self fulfilling prophecy as he projects his dumb grumpy insecurities all over these kids recorded on his own damn police equipment

The shortest complete sentence in the English language is "Go".

one of the more pumpy tracks from them

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
1699586395765.png

A more adult description of a good death for adults only, was from the character Tyrion on Game of Thrones when he is asked how he wants to die,

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Seems America can’t help screwing over Africa. Meanwhile China of all places -

@steventan2550
9 months ago
"When US leaders visit Africa they talk about China but when Chinese officials visit Africa they talk about trade and development"

@ love-zl2yn
7 months ago (edited)
As a Nigerian, I am proud as you didn't support the West as other youtuber does. You came out plain and stated the obvious and that takes a lot of courage. Back to the main issue. The United States is the biggest failure when it comes to international trade with Africa. They keep seeing Africa not only as a single country instead of continent but also as a toddler who they will restrict their development. China is coming with a different view and strategy and that's like a breath of fresh air.

@michaelntinda7124
7 months ago
I'm a Zambian and right now as I'm typing this the Vice president of the USA is in my country And you won't imagine her agenda for the trip(she's giving us lectures on democracy and LGBTQ) On the other hand a few kilometers from my home there are Chinese people building a massive hospital I can confirm that China is the real deal for Africa.

@Kayzef2003
9 months ago
As an African.... I appreciate the fact that china tends to mind its own business without galavanting across the world sanctioning countries left right and center. The fact China managed to get 149 out 192 countries to sign up to belt and road without threats of Sanctions is a testament by itself.

*edit*. Failed to mention as good as it seems this will probably not end well. Given China’s history they’re likely just paving them a highway to hell.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Yeah you’re right, it’ll ultimately just turn into another form of slavery. They aren’t doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. It might take generations but hopefully the people of Africa will eventually see through the veil.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah you’re right, it’ll ultimately just turn into another form of slavery. They aren’t doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. It might take generations but hopefully the people of Africa will eventually see through the veil.
Already kinda is turning out that way as they start seeking loan repayments and public approval is dropping.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2