What have you learned today?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That's big, and unusual looking, it's not nearly the scariest looking deep sea beastie, so I think I'll stay on dry land as well.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The ocean wants to eat you. Slowly. And it wants to hear your gurgling, lungs-full-of-liquid screams.
Well, if that's what the ocean wants, it better hope global warming hurries up and melts these icecaps so it can come to me, because I sure as shit ain't going to it. I might put my feet in on the shore, but scuba diving in the deep? Fuck every, single kind of that. If God wanted me to meet the wonders of the depths of the sea, he would have given fish legs or me gills.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Dexter Holland created his own hot sauce brand (I already knew about the PhD).

I found this out as I had to look up how old Dexter Holland was when the Offspring released Americana, an album almost exclusively for teenage boys having relationship difficulties (he was 35).

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
It never occurred to me to look until this weekend, but Nasa has a live camera on the ISS. You can just watch and spacewalks and what not when you need a mental break. Nothing going on this morning though so you kinda just have to keep an eye on it.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It never occurred to me to look until this weekend, but Nasa has a live camera on the ISS. You can just watch and spacewalks and what not when you need a mental break. Nothing going on this morning though so you kinda just have to keep an eye on it.

I had to stop and re-examine my thinking when I saw this and thought "Oh, just a live video feed from an orbital space station".

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I had to stop and re-examine my thinking when I saw this and thought "Oh, just a live video feed from an orbital space station".
Right?? like oh you know its just all of human civilization, whateves. If you look closely you can see my house a couple times a day.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It’s been known to be shit for years now, but more evidence is emerging as to why -

Not like the FDA could give a shit though. The medical industry makes too much money off of human suffering to derail that gravy train.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
One tough ship -

Was at Virginia Beach yesterday by the Naval base and this just happened to pop up in my Google feed that night. Hmmm.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
C3PO's lower right leg is silver and always has been. WHAT!?!
Yep, this is one example of the Mandela Effect, a false memory shared uniformly by many people. This one always cracks me up because there had to have been that ONE guy in the design phase of the character who tacked on that silver leg thinking it would add to the charm of the idea of a kid scraping together a couple androids like Lego, and almost universally, NO ONE noticed. He's probably one of these mass shooters running around nowadays.