What have you purchased recently?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
@Offworlder, I finally got my hands on THE officially licensed Formula 1 Valtteri Bottas hat! I bought it 3 days ago and didn't expect it to show up for a couple of months seeing as it was shipping from Europe, but I'll be damned if it wasn't on my porch TODAY! Just in time for me to rock it for the Mexican GP this weekend and last three races of the 2022 season! I'm fucking stoked!

1666817070920.png

I tried buying it months ago, but they sent me the one below by mistake. It's still "officially licensed," but it's not the one Bottas wears on the grid every weekend. When I asked that they correct it, they said they couldn't as they were having issues getting the one pictured above. Now I've got them both; just wish I had two heads.

1666817178273.png

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
@Offworlder, I finally got my hands on THE officially licensed Formula 1 Valtteri Bottas hat! I bought it 3 days ago and didn't expect it to show up for a couple of months seeing as it was shipping from Europe, but I'll be damned if it wasn't on my porch TODAY! Just in time for me to rock it for the Mexican GP this weekend and last three races of the 2022 season! I'm fucking stoked!

View attachment 7260

I tried buying it months ago, but they sent me the one below by mistake. It's still "officially licensed," but it's not the one Bottas wears on the grid every weekend. When I asked that they correct it, they said they couldn't as they were having issues getting the one pictured above. Now I've got them both; just wish I had two heads.

View attachment 7261
Yeah fuckin' nice man. My friend recently got some Red Bull stuff and he got it pretty quick too. Wouldn't be surprised if most teams had distributors in big markets, or big GP markets. Alfa have had the best aesthetics on the grid imo, the maroon and white just works so well.

Went ahead and replaced my 12 year old acoustic guitar. She still works but man I've put it through some hell over the years. Got a nice new Takamine to annoy my roommates with.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Horror, oh succulent nutritious horror...this month does allow my morbid fascinations to indulge under the cover of festive compliance. So I've got 2 well-reviewed indie games to test later within the darkest confines of my festering pit of hedonism;

Signalis

Saturnalia

Hm, ok those titles do look destined to be confused with each other now I sees them side by side.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Saturnalia

Hm, ok those titles do look destined to be confused with each other now I sees them side by side.
So, eh, not to be the bearer of ill news, but Saturnalia is one of this week's giveaways on the Epic store.

Unless of course you bought them because you wanted to support the devs or something, in which case, you're a real mensch. Or, you know, you don't have a pc to run it on.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
So, eh, not to be the bearer of ill news, but Saturnalia is one of this week's giveaways on the Epic store.

Unless of course you bought them because you wanted to support the devs or something, in which case, you're a real mensch. Or, you know, you don't have a pc to run it on.
Ohhh no, no ill news at all fellow woodland chum, for I am not of the elite PC master race, and quite enjoy being able to pack my entertainment addiction into a backpack in console form! Although, if those mensch points are still going, I'd still prefer the support the Devs option and for once have the disposable cash to put money where mouth is. 😉

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ohhh no, no ill news at all fellow woodland chum, for I am not of the elite PC master race, and quite enjoy being able to pack my entertainment addiction into a backpack in console form! Although, if those mensch points are still going, I'd still prefer the support the Devs option and for once have the disposable cash to put money where mouth is. 😉

Also, I'm also interested in Signalis, so, you know, a quick impression would be nice, whenever you get to it.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
A suit, which has been surprisingly difficult given how physically average I am.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Also, I'm also interested in Signalis, so, you know, a quick impression would be nice, whenever you get to it.
Not sure if you noticed the review I linked in the original post, as that would probably be a more eloquent impression than any rambling I could offer.

Nonetheless, I just finished the 1st obvious boss in game so can maybe provide something not entirely useless, though likely redundant: it's very resident evil, minus the tank controls and Dutch camera angles (the camera is placed at a consistent level above the player except when it goes into 1st person sections). There's your save rooms, your item boxes, your sparse ammo and your environmental puzzles. There's even a mechanic from a certain era of resident evil thrown in here that capcom kinda just abandoned after like 2 games! Though currently, there are way more enemies than there are ammo supplies so am basically just trying to run past most things right now unless forced to engage.

Where it's different, aside from the visible cyberpunk aesthetic, is the obscure storytelling method. I'm not sure how to describe the editing style, it reminds me a bit of parts of Tetsuo, along with throwing glitchy text on screen with nary the amount of time given to read it all. None of which has clearly explained anything useful. The enemies all have visual glitches too, so am expecting some sort of Black Mirror-esque reality bending twists down the line. The pixel visuals I think is a filter over 3D art, merely going off how smooth everything moves, and the 1st person sections can look pretty cool through it too. Soundtrack sounds mostly ambience so far as well. I hope these bundle of words may prove of some use in whatever way they can be made use of, brain is a bit fuzzy right now lol.

Reactions: Chimpzy

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
A ton of kitchen stuff to help re-organize it and make cooking a lot easier, including some utensils and cooking tools. The rest of my space has seen its share of upgrades over the years, but the kitchen was long neglected, so I felt it was time to spruce it up, make it nicer, and hopefully revitalize my want to cook. So far so good, as I've been enjoying tasty food for almost a few weeks now!

Reactions: Zykon TheLich

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Loplight. It was on sale and so far I've enjoyed all the games I've played by Scumhead, they have such a weird visual style to them and they tend to play well. Although all the other games of his I played were FPS games using gzdoom.

Reactions: gorfias

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
A dehumidifier.
I live in a very damp part of an already damp country, and my house is built of granite blocks, which although very sturdy and insulating, are porous. The garden also runs downhill to the back of the house. The 2 rooms at the back, kitchen and bathroom are also pretty damp anyway. So to prevent my walls becoming mould covered waterfalls I have ordered a dehumidifier off Amazon. Hopefully it will be up to the task.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I actually ordered these back in January/April, but they just arrived today. I could only attach 5 pictures, but the first picture is a color-changing Hot Fuzz pint glass.

1667351368998.png1667351305132.png1667351333730.png1667351353044.png1667351405500.png