What if Saints Row 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, and MW3 (if you're still into that) turn out to be bad?

ATRAYA

Jul 19, 2011
Ha! Trick question! Mass Effect 3 couldn't POSSIBLY suck! :D

While I'm fairly certain ME3 will be an amazing conclusion to the series, because of everything I've seen on "BioWare TV" on their site, if Skyrim were to disappoint me, well... I'd get over it. i mean, I had never really gotten into the Elder Scrolls series (started with Oblivion, never played Morrowind or the earlier titles), so i wouldn't be that disappointed if Bethesda had let me down.

And I hate Saints Row and every CoD game after BRO, so I won't even bother with those.

obscuredlimits

Sep 1, 2010
I already have my doubts about Mass Effect 3. I have great love for the series, as epic an adventure in storytelling as has ever been seen in video games, but several times they have went on record as saying that they are trying to open Mass Effect 3 up to a wider audience. Should they decide to take out any more RPG elements, they might as well call it a regular plain jane shooter with a story. and then my fury at EA shall be complete.

penguindogexd

Jun 20, 2011
grrrr. mw3 is just a mw2 map pack with a $100 price tag.... but ill still buy it :3
i mean hey! im a nintendo fan so im used to this treatment (zing)

Jun 24, 2009
To be honest, if any of the games except Skyrim were bad, I would be disappointed, but not shocked.

If Skyrim were bad, I would probably laugh hysterically and then kill myself with that collector's edition dragon statue.

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
If Skyrim,Hitman:Absolution,Assassin's Creed:Revelations and Batman:Arkham City(all of the E3 announcements that actually got me interested) turn out to be bad,I'll give up all hope on humanity.Oh,and there's also L.A. Noire,which came out like half a year ago,but I still didn't play it because it only comes out for the PC in like November.You can add it to the list too.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Was Brink really bad? I was under the impression that it just failed to live up to the hype but was still perfectly playable. I really hope that's the case because I really want to play it when I upgrade PCs. I hope it still has some semblance of an online community when that time comes...

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
It's quite literally impossible for Skyrim to be bad.

If it doesn't live up to it's hype I can still mod the shit out of it.

It's a win win.

If it's a good game, I get to play it and then mod it. If it's a bad game I can start modding sooner.

Either way i'm going to get hundreds of hours out of it.

I'm not wanting Saints Row either.

Space Marine i'm still hyped about. I was hyped at the start, kind of disappointed in the demo it didn't show me enough (I wanted the whole game ... I don't like waiting) but the multiplayer looks awesome (make your own chapter ... yes please).

Dead Island I was hyped for yet the more I see of it the less I want it.

The only other game i'm waiting for is ME3 and it doesn't really matter what I hear about that I need to buy it to see how it ends.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
I re-installed Morrowind, its two expansions, and a bunch of graphics mods a while ago, and haven't started playing it (other than testing that the mods worked).

I'm saving it as my backup plan, in case Skyrim sucks.

Jun 11, 2008
Well just don't believe the hype. I don't know how many people have complained about FFVII not living up to their expectations on this forum because they went into the game believing the hype and I really hate quoting/paraphrasing Yahtzee so yes this kills me to say this. Just go into games expecting them to be either bad or mediocre or expect nothing of them and you will be surprised how much more fun you will have or at least the knowledge you were right.

I recently played Half Life 1 and its expansions and Half Life 2(I am starting up Ep1 for the first time as I type) and I enjoyed all of them immensely despite being somewhat aged. If I had went into these believing even 1 tiny iota of the hype(I expected nothing/crap from them) I honestly don't think I would have enjoyed them the way I did and was pleasantly surprised.

I understand this doesn't really answer the question so I will say I will just say meh and move onto something else.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
I suppose I'd be disappointed for a bit before finding another game to be excited about. :3

Of all those stated, I most hope that ME3 lives up to its predecessors. I'd hate to see such an awesome series fall at the final hurdle.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Well never like the CoD series and haven't had much interest at all in Saints Row or Mass Effect. So Skyrim is the only one on that list. I guess if it was bad I would be slightly disappointed, then just move on.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
the spud said:
I know, this has been a pretty disappointing year.

OT: If Zelda: SS is shit (which it won't be) I will cry [sub][sub]and masturbate at the same time.[/sub][/sub]
So you'll crymax? OHOHOHO.

OT: Look at my avatar. If I dislike Skyrim I will throw my Xbox out the window.

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
ME3 can't be bad, i already put down the 80 bucks for the Collector's Edition, and even if it does suck i will convince myself it's good, like i did for Fable 3

KennardKId5

May 26, 2011
If Skyrim's bad, players all around the world will kill all of the developers and their families.
I think the devs wanted to live, and so they made the game good.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I would laugh at everyone else who paid full price for them. To be honest I'm not interested in any game coming out this year except for Gears 3 (which I KNOW will be good because of it's many game modes) and Halo: CE Anniversary, ('nuff said).

If either of those are bad though for arguments sake, I will never buy a game for more than half the release price again.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Saints Row 3: I hardly doubt it can suck...its SR3..and if they have proven anything its that its crazy version of GTA...ya know rather then being just a bulletproof copevading normal guy..youre basically a super villan

Mass Effect 3: Depends on how much they are putting into it...I hardly nasty things about other things Bioware did...and weve all see the "MOAR ACTION LESS TALKING" type of ideal and "EVERYONE ALLOWED, Doesnt Matter If Its Youve Never Played 1-2"

Skyrim: You go to hell...I dont care if people kill themselves enmasse...I have only one thing this Xmas to look forward to...

Modern Warfare 3: Judging by the fact its the sequal to Modern Warfare 2...It will sell really well and have a story made of pure ass...and a bunch of other broken shit and will be THE GREATEST MOTHERFUCKING GAME SINCE THE DAWN OF MANKIND! <--- Press Release after launch