What if Skyrim is awful?

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
arragonder said:
I'd not be surprised, have you played their other recent games? I can't figure out what went wrong, Morrowind was so good.
What other recent games? Oblivion and Fallout 3 were simply brilliant.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Clive Howlitzer said:
Impossible. The mod community will fix any problems that it has. If you own it for console, well, that sucks for you.
Remember. This statement means believing that the best way to beat Bethesda's paid and highly trained design team is to use a ragtag community of unpaid amateurs.

Oroboros

Feb 21, 2011
I doubt that Skyrim will be bad, however, I do have something of a grumbling resentment for some of the things that have been revealed so far. Blowing up Morrowind is the main one, but there's also little stuff like dual wielding, the further reduction of armor slots, and perk system that have me a little apprehensive. I'll definitely be waiting for a friend to get it before committing to buying it for these reasons, but I don't think it will be flat-out *bad*.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
lovest harding said:
Awful in the way that people describe Oblivion or awful in the sense of Vampire Rain?
If the first, I will still love it.
And as for the second, I love Deadly Premonition. It'd have to do everything so poorly that it was actually unplayable for me to dislike it. I mean. The game would have to be unplayable. I seriously doubt (at the very least) that the exploration aspect would be any worse than Oblivion's (and I personally love Oblivion).

I still play Oblivion entirely unmoded and find very few game ending bugs or horrible travesties (although I have run into plenty of bugs, glitches, and freezes) that everyone talks about. Mods are great, but I have never played a Bethesda game so broken that it couldn't be enjoyed without mods.
Ya, I am one of the dirty console peasants so I don't have a modding community. However... This, I have never had any real problem with a Besthesda game and that No vidoe was perfect. 5:20 was my favorite.

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
Then I wouldn't buy it...?

Seriously, Rage is out. Dark Souls is out. Assassin's Creed is coming. Rayman is coming. Skyward Sword is coming. Saints Row: The Third will be godly. I really don't care if just one title on my buy-list is shit.

Dylan Blackler

May 22, 2011
Well even if its just oblivion with duel wielding and cooler magic as well us updated graphics, I will still be happy. oh plus dragons, since all that is confirmed, i can only be surprised now =p

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
InterAirplay said:
w9496 said:
Then I will laugh.

It's a Bethesda game, so it might have a ton of bugs that cripple the game. I'm also expecting 4 or 5 different voice actors, along with 25 different faces to go along with them.
First of all, old buggy game engine is gone.
Replaced by new untested game engine by company that used old buggy game engine for years.

Second of all, they've employed over 70 voice actors for this game.

Yup, I have no sense of humor.

Anyway, after everything I've been reading, hearing and watching about Skyrim, I'm willing to bet £4,500 on it being GOTY. Every reviewer who gets a peek at it doesn't say it's awesome unless Bethesda have somehow found a way to start bribing huge numbers of people without anyone blowing the whistle.

If it it's awful, I'll just kill myself straight away.
I see it getting rated Game of the Year despite glaring imperfections like 'THE GAME OVERRIGHTS YOUR SAVES RANDOMLY' or 'UNLOADING AND RELOADING TEXTURES ON SCREEN CAUSES GAME TO CRASH' and my personal favorite, the occasional 'SCRIPTING ERROR IN MAIN QUEST RENDERS IT IMPOSSIBLE IF YOU'RE TURNED THE WRONG WAY.'

Bethesda can't QC to save its own life. And because people will always rate their games GOTY despite being broken, buggy, unpolished, and undertested, they don't have to!

Adellebella

Sep 9, 2011
Do not utter such riff-raff!!

We wanted horses in Morrowind, we got them in Oblivion. We wanted dragons in Oblivion, we have Dragons in Skyrim...so maybe..?

synobal said:
if Skyrim is terrible I will mod it until it isn't. Just like oblivion.
...Yeah. Bugs be damned, I've been hyped up for this game for too long.

Jun 26, 2010
"Oh, well then it'll be fine, because all of Bethesda's games suck because of my ridiculous expectations and modders will make it better by adding naked anime chicks BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA [Insert more elitist B.S. here]..."

I doubt it will suck. From the evidence I've seen (demo footage, images, reviews, etc) and my own experiences with the last two TES games, it'll be a mighty fun fantasy romp, that will feed my gaming appetite till the next TES game(And I hope there will be many, many more).

P.S.- I've got nothing against mods. I actually get slightly aggravated that I cannot play Oblivion using FCOM sometimes (being a console player), but mods can, and will, be used for reasons of smut and weeaboo-ism, that is blasphemy to all that is fantasy role-playing.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Big deal. Just turn it in and get something else. Saints Row 3 for instance. But even if it's only as good as Oblivion (and let's face it, Vanilla Oblivion is not necessarily a great game), then I'm set. The marvelous modding community will take care of problems.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
It would be like Morowind. OH!
Joking aside, People would be pissed, Bethesda would lose a lot of money, and I would still be only waiting for their next Fallout game.

. . . sleepy . . .

Jun 12, 2011
Don't even joke like that. I almost crapped myself reading the name of the thread-- i didnt see the "what if," and thought for a second you'd gotten an advanced copy.

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
I know what i'll do, wait 6 months for the brilliant Elders Scrolls moding community to fix everything, because you just know what they will, any problemwill soon be fixed.

DracoSuave said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Impossible. The mod community will fix any problems that it has. If you own it for console, well, that sucks for you.
Remember. This statement means believing that the best way to beat Bethesda's paid and highly trained design team is to use a ragtag community of unpaid amateurs.
Simple amateurs they are not, Elder Scrolls Modders have been doning this for years, I mean it was they who made oblivion playable (or at least far more enjoyable).