What if Skyrim is awful?

SpireOfFire

Dec 4, 2009
well, duke nukem forever sucked, the world didnt end. we just wrote it off as crap and played something else.

thats what will happen.

rohansoldier

Sep 5, 2011
If skyrim sucks, I will send it back to love film who I am planning to rent it from, delete the game save from my hard drive and cross it from my list of games to potentially buy when the price goes down or to get for christmas. No harm done!

Guilherme Zoldan

Jun 20, 2011
Not care. As I do not care right now. Ive played a Bethesda game before, as far as I know they are all pallete swaps of the same thing.
Cannot be arsed

Snowpact

He is the Walrus
Oct 15, 2008
w9496 said:
I'm also expecting 4 or 5 different voice actors, along with 25 different faces to go along with them.
Ever since Oblivion, they have been ridiculed for that, it's true. But after that, they made Fallout 3 with 37 voice actors, which is already a hell of a lot more than the 10 voice actors used in Oblivion (excluding the 3 'celebrity voices').

I'm pretty confident they learned their lesson from Oblivion concerning the voices ;-).

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Eh. Bethesda fans will forgive the game despite the bugs. They will make excuses for the game, say it is not meant to be perfect at launch, that it is the age we live in and it is your own damn fault for not allowing Bethesda to fix things.

Bonus points will come when the irony does not sink in if the same Bethesda fan boys ripped New Vegas for being buggy as hell.

The rest of us with a brain will laugh so hard that we will die from lack of air.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Considering what happened with Fallout:New Vegas...I feel prepared for the possibility. I've never felt so let down by a game I was so excited for.

It's not all bad news...I'm currently working through NV again, and it's a much more enjoyable experience now that it's not thoroughly broken. It still freezes on occasion, but not every fifteen minutes like the first time.

zorrandur

Mar 8, 2010
Zetatrain said:
Then we get to have a good old fashion riot with pitch forks and torches.

On the serious side, well there is still BF3, MW3, LOZ Skyward Sword, and three months later ME3. Sure it will be disappointing if Skyrim sucks, but there will be plenty of other games to soften the blow unless they all turn out to be disappointments.
I really don't see how anyone can put more faith in a shooter with very little creativity over something that honestly tries to be original. Don't get me wrong i own a couple shooters but now a days i flip through a magazine and all i see are shooters shooters and more shooters, I'm fps'd out... so even if skyrim DID suck which i by the way think it won't. I'd STILL play it rather than stare down another iron sight... /rant

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Lt. Vinciti said:
Macgyvercas said:
It's The Elder Scrolls. It will be awesome. And even on the off chance it isn't, people will buy it anyway, because they love Bethesda so much.
You seem to be the only ray of sunshine on this forum -_-
Well, yeah. Someone has to make up for Aylanie's departure.

Jovip

Aug 12, 2010
Really? i don't even understand what game breaking bugs everyone is talking about in bethesda games, beyond annoying crashs. i've always played vanilla and never had any problems with it.

OT: i'll atleast keep the pretty little high quality map thing i get for pre-ordering. Then play the crap out of the game anyways because i've spent to damn long, being to damn excited to not get atleast 200+ hours of my life sunk into this game.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
I have one problem with it.

I hated the controls for Oblivion on PC (seriously, it felt very unnatural somehow). But I'd already got the PS3 version, then hated not being able to get mods.

So which version do I get, now? PS3, I'm guessing, I will. But with little hard drive space, maybe I will have to wait for Game of the Year Edition. Or upgrade my hard drive and pay for the expansions... ehhhh.

I hope that I'm not the only one who thinks that this particular situation sucks.

Anyway, rants aside, I'm sure that the actual software of the game will be great. I've read enough about it to dispel some of my key concerns, particularly the lack of variety in faces and character models.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
TheSilverTeen said:
Those thoughts... are criminal

STOP RIGHT THERE.

OT: I have faith in Bethesda
Haha :D

OT: I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was awful/average based on my experiences of pretty much every new game I've bought.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
I've never had a problem with vanilla Bethesda games, in fact the only time any of my Elder Scrolls games have fucked up is because of Mods not working well together. I've yet to see any of these "game breaking bugs"

Dimitriov said:
As for the mod thing, yeah some mods are good and I am very glad to have them (Oblivion spell delete for example) but most are just stupid and unnecessary crap that should never have been in the game (The dozens of awful, hideous new races people make for example).
INB4 "You don't HAVE to download them etc"

I agree, I think the mod community is a haven for furries, hippies and fetishists judging by some of the mods, I wanted some better clothes for Morrowind once, what I got were Chain mail thongs, SS style trench coats and fetish gear that would make Dante blush. There's an awful lot of shit to wade through to find the gems but when you DO find a gem it's nigh on impossible to play without it.

chase miller

Apr 20, 2010
i trust Bethesda not to f**ck it up to badly, and if it's anything like Oblivion (or Fallout 3)i'll be happy :)