what is maturity to you?

Cookiegerard

Aug 27, 2009
Someone who understands that there is a time and place to be serious, and same for not so serious. Like the example above me a bit. When holding a baby, that is not the time to mess about.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
1) Being responsible for yourself and conscious of how what you say and do affects others.

2) Not caring about other's opinions on your own personal likes/dislikes

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
In my own mind it's someone who tries to recognize their faults and shortcomings, and actively works towards improving those areas of their life. This could range from accepting criticism, to being more humble, to being more responsible, to being more emotionally available, to being more self-sufficient, to knowing when and how to have fun, to being more adaptable, and even knowing when to lean on others. As long as someone is constantly working towards improving/maintaining themselves, I'd say they are being mature. I'd say a "mature person" features a very fine, fluid balance of many different factors internally, yet appears to be in a calm and peaceful state of existence to observers. Like a well oiled machine.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Your reaction to maturity threads is... >.>

Seriously, I have seen mod action in every other thread thus far about maturity :p
It normally starts with: "I checked your profile you are X years old therefore LIES and GTFO dis thread.". Quite telling really.

OT:
aba1 said:
I find maturity to be the point in which you stop looking at how things affect you and instead how they effect everyone.
+
sextus the crazy said:
Understanding the consequences of one's actions and accounting for them.
Is really all that needs to be said on it I feel.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Understanding that sometimes you won't get your way. Understanding when you have accept that and when you've been wronged.

micahrp

Nov 5, 2011
When you start to cut out short term risks that aren't worth the possible (or near certain) negative outcomes even if they are enjoyable. When you can accurately plan for the long term. You have enough life experience to understand all the variables and take them into account in the plan and know your plan will work even when all the variables go to max negative even in the far distant future.