What is the cheapest way you have ever killed a boss/mini-boss/tough enemy?

Lekonua

Mar 25, 2009
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night,

Using the Alucard/Shield Rod combo against Galamoth. In my defense, it's pretty much the only way to beat him. Also, beryl circlet.

Chaos Incarnate

Swiggity Swag
Jan 31, 2010
Colonel Autumn in Fallout 3, just pass a speech test and you dont even have to fight him not he really is that hard pretty disappointing boss fight

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Seymour Flux, which is probably fair because he was one of the cheapest bosses ever. At that point in FFX I didn't have limit break on any of my weapons so I could only deal 9999 damage to Seymour Flux per hit. Problem is, once he gets below 10000 HP he annihilates your entire team.

So I used Wakka's poison ball to poison him so he dropped below 10K on MY turn instead of his, then used one of the super moves to finish him off.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Does it count if you run through the game with the way overpowered New Game+ weapons? Because I've done that with RE4. Infinite ammo rocket launcher, Chigaco Typewriter, and Handcannon. Everything dies in one hit. Except for the enemies that have to be hit twice. Then I got bored and just bought a normal maxed out weapon. Automatic Sniper Rifle is useful at all ranges, period.

Ertol

Jul 8, 2010
Most of the bosses in Tales of Symphonia...if you can hit them into a corner then you can just spam A until they die. I used to count Fable 2, but I realized that he isn't the final boss, its that giant Triangle thing that spawns guys. It isn't hard at all, but I never found a cheap way to kill it.

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
I Dragon Age: Origins in both the battle with the High Dragon and the Brood Mother there were little pockets in which they couldn't reach a ranged character.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
In Castlevania: Circle of the Moon,to defeat Camilla I just crouched on the highest platform,where her attacks couldn't get at me, and kept the Jupiter+Manticore shield on. That way, she was gradually damaged every time she flew under me, without having a chance of damaging me.

Doinstuffman38

Dec 1, 2009
In Soul Calibur IV, I just use Taki and just kick away. Can get a Perfect or a Ring Out most every single time without even drawing her swords.

EDIT: Also... Grapple chains. So cheap. So effective.

Rykan

Mar 5, 2008
Final Fantasy 6 when it was on SNES as FF3. Vanish, Doom, dead. Worked on almost everything.

dlawnro

Jul 2, 2010
inFAMOUSCowZ said:
raam in gears. His birds werent protecing him, and he waas just standing there staring at me. So i kept firing at his face and he died
Gah, ninja'd. He kicked my ass like 12 times and then that happened and I killed him in like a minute. It felt really cheap but I did another playthrough on a harder difficulty and killed him legitimately, so I think I redeemed myself.

Konaerix

May 19, 2010
In Bioshock, toss a security command on a big daddy with turrets present, and run off and piss off a security camera. All the bots swarm and kill him without any danger to yourself.

Haukur Isleifsson

Jun 2, 2010
My friend was playing Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and killed the last boss with one throw of a lightsabre. It got stuck between the boss and a wall and kept bouncing back and forth wile stunning the boss. Died in seconds.

Amazigh

Jan 12, 2010
Oblivion Arena, my character was awful but had very good jumping, I jumped up and managed to get stuck on the side of the Arena and managed to beat every encounter firing magic from the side.

AgentQV

Nov 24, 2009
Jedi Knight 2 desann, used force speed with the speed style and hacked away and he died before he could swing his lightsaber

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
Final Fantasy 9 (im going to apologise now incase I get any of the names wrong its been a while) I was having a really tough time with the boss inside the Lifa Tree, I can't remember its name except it too looked kind of like a tree. Anyway it kept beating the crap out of me till a friend advised me to cast life on it. And boom a really really tough boss dead in 10 seconds, I felt dirty.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
Final boss in Capcom vs Marvel 2. Pick cable, cable, cable. Shoot until your finger hurts, and switch when you get a little low on health. Easiest shit ever. That or using the paint brush glitch to beat Oblivion in about 10 minutes

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Just so many in Oblivion. I like the one where I was able to hide from Mankar Cameron and pelt him with sneak attacks and paralysis poisons.