What is the creepiest and/or scariest thing you have seen/done/heard/read?

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
God I remember Goosebumps, they were some seriously disturbing books to read at that age. I always remember the one at the summer camp, was creepy as and had quite the twist at the end. Always sticks with me that one for some reason, even though it's probably not the scariest one.

Ubiquitous Duck

Jan 16, 2014
While out on my bike recently, I saw a little dog running along a path, that was next to a busy road with cars going at about 40mph (roughly 65kph). It is right next to a very common dog walking park, but I still thought it was a bit odd, because I could not see an owner anywhere, so I decided to follow the dog to see where it was going or maybe even attempt to approach it, if it stopped running.

However, before I could even get too close to it, it suddenly decided to run out into the road. I can still feel the jolt in my heart as I went: SH*TTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The man driving the car noticed, broke, but still his car smacked into the side of this dog's head.

I jumped off my bike and ran out into the road to stop any traffic and see what I could do. Amazingly, the little guy got up. He sort of span around in a circle two times and I tried to coax him to come to me. The look of pure terror I saw in his eyes as he turned to look at me, I will never forget. He then turned round and sprinted off down the road and off into a bush and out of sight.

I was dumbstruck. Couldn't believe he even got up, let alone had the ability to run away faster than I could get after him.

Amazingly, two cars behind the car I had asked to stop was a police car and one of the guys got out and sprinted after the dog and the other came over to talk to me.

The man who had hit the dog did stop his car slightly further up the road and did get out to talk to police. They took his details and he went on his way. The other policeman returned, having had no luck with the chase, so the dog got away.

The sight of the impact, the wail of the dog and the look of terror in his eyes, I don't think I will ever forget. I will always wonder if I should've pounced on him after the impact and could have potentially stopped him getting away.

I'm afraid there is no real end to this story. I do not know what happened to the little guy and I guess I will never know.

That's my story.

Mr. L.

Apr 2, 2013
I've always been partial to 'The Holders'. If the guy ever finishes the list, he could publish the hell out of them as a novel.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Holders

Sealpower

Jun 7, 2010
I found a dog skull in the woods once... That was a bit of a shocker, but it quickly turned morbidly fun as me and my friends took turns creeping eachother out with it :p

Hunter Hyena

Dec 23, 2011
One thing that manages to always creep me out are two parts in the remake of The Ring

1. Those subtle noises that play in the film, I am not sure what to describe them as, they are just eerie as hell.

2. That damn tape. Whoever put that together, I never want to meet.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Well lemme throw in my true scary story.

So im sick, its late at night and im writing a short story which was about demonology and the perspective demons would take on the physical world and how we live our lives. ANYWAY with that wonderful recipe for hallucinations and imagined things i was listening to spotify. Know the song "The fallen" by franz ferdinand? Good song, anyway as it was ending I remember freezing and being a bit puzzled that the song seemed to end with a fade in of rampant shrieking and screaming, like at least 5 people were independently testing their vocal chords. Slightly weirded out I double checked the song name, "The fallen", a song about being damned and evil, I hadnt heard it in a while but I thought "Well that makes sense, not very franz ferdinand but sure maybe they were experimenting". So we go to the next song which I think was "Undercover martyn". This is a fairly upbeat song so when the same shrieking ended the song my writing stupor was violently broken and I rolled back the chair for a moment.

I was corresponding with a friend during this whole even so I know the event (At least my experience of it) happened since at this point I opened the chat log and wrote "I'm really freaked out I'm not sure what just happened... Something really odd". I went back to check on those two songs and double check the screaming would happen again. Those songs both end in 2 or 3 seconds of fading out and silence. No screaming. No sound at all... At this point I spent about 10 minutes silently freaking out. I think I just went to bed and locked my door. I was kinda Ill and drowsy so I wasnt in my right mind. Best explanation is hallucination. But a freaking terrifying one for sure.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Rebel_Raven said:
Well, in recent memory, this got to me.
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217
Heh, that. I remember posting that on another forum...I warned peple it was scary, but still pissed lots of people off.

Blacklight28

Nov 27, 2013
I'm also an avid reader of the Crossed comic. That's full of more graphic brutality and sadism and I've ever seen in a single comic. It ain't for the feint hearted.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Rylot said:
Search for 'Scary Thread' in the off topic forum, it's got about 50 pages of scary stuff.
Yeah, this... It's got some really disturbing stuff in it. I read it last Halloween and nearly choked on my candy. o.o

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Rebel_Raven said:
SHIT. I actually screamed pretty loud. I had headphones on and everything, never suspected it to do that. Whew...I....I didn't like that link.

OT: The most recent thing that freaked me out was the movie Pawn Shop Chronicles. It's more disturbing than scary, and you could sometimes mistake it with a Tarantino movie at some points.
Also one time I had a fever, and I was watching One Piece. I hallucinated that Chopper looked right at the screen and said "I'm going to kill you." I knew it wasn't real but it still freaked me out.
Oh yeah, and this one sticks with me. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Widemouth

...I am still shaken by that link. I tried to go back and finish it but I can't get make myself scroll down past that panel...

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK. I WENT BACK AND FINISHED IT WITH THE VOLUME MUTED AND I COULD STILL HEAR IT.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Arnoxthe1 said:
Rebel_Raven said:
There's a book series that haunted me for a long long time from when I was a youngster. The titles of the books are Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark (1981), More Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark (1984), and Scary Stories 3 : More Tales To Chill Your Bones (1991).
The stories, and especially the frikking artwork! Yeesh. They stuck with me for a long time.
Oh, I remember that BS. The stories were rather entertaining but dat artwork... FFS, I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a book for kids. WTH were the publishers thinking?
I hate those books! I still feel awful whenever I remember the one where the kids misbehave and the mother leaves them.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Rebel_Raven said:
Nope. Not clicking that link. Nuh uh. Not doing it.

...can someone please spoil what happens in it for me? D:

OT: I spent way too long on the SCP site once, and that was terrifying. Probably the most scared I've ever been, though, was when someone knocked on my window while I was reading "Jeff the Killer".

Don't... don't do that, guys. Just don't.

Alarien

Feb 9, 2010
Rebel_Raven said:
Ok, well that is seriously creepy.

I haven't really seen too much else recently that I thought was particularly scary. Now I'm intrigued if people are doing stuff like that out there. Movie and game horror has gotten too predictable.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Creepypastas. Goddamn those things are horrifying! Admittedly, much of what I saw was on the wiki, but mt paranoia didn't help any.

As for where said paranoia originated/ Take my advice: never watch a top 100 list of scariest movies on tv late at night. t's not good for your sanity.

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
The most recent one I can think of is the Russian Sleep Experiment.

Not entirely sure if it really happened though.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
When I was 6 years old, I saw some people die of third degree burns after a boating accident. That was pretty scary.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Hawkeye21 said:
Pretty much anything by Junji Ito. I don't scare easily, I've read many books by Lovecraft, King, etc. but this guy just creeps me out... I get this crawling feeling on my skin when I read his manga...

You can read his probably mildest and well-known work here http://openawesome.com/junji-ito-horror-manga/enigmaofamigarafault.html
Just read it, and loved it! Very fatalistic, with a lovecraftian vibe, too. Thanks for the link!

Butterfly

Feb 2, 2014
The SCP Foundation has a lot of really scary/creepy stories and stuff. But one in particular stands out to me for making use of a picture that makes me physically ill (and terrified) just from looking at it. Can't remember the number. It's in the 1700-range, named MaLo (that I can remember). It's this picture of a wolf-skull-black-death looking thing, staring right at you from behind a door. I'd post a picture but that would mean I have to look at it, and I honestly cannot bring myself to do that.
SCP. Malo. Google will find it for your viewing pleasure.
*shudders*

Edit: Nevermind. I gathered my nerve and looked it up. I need a drink now.
is[/i] that bad.]