What is The Escapist Basement?

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
DragonLord Seth said:
It's where all the trolls and spambots are born, and all who go down there are raped in the face and forced to breed trolls, which burst from their-

(MOD EDIT) Banned for talking about The Basement.

LolJk, but yeah, DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE BASEMENT.

OffTopic, can someone link me to the Red Button?
I have it so just go on to my profile and its in my badge list.

On Topic:I personally think it contains the homeworld of the bronies, But that's just me.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
The basement is the R & P forums, where everyone is a troll, victim, right, and wrong, all at the same time.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
smartengine said:
XDravond said:
[SNIP]

Soo who's gonna go in to the basement since it is a "don't go in there" sign on it?
I'll do it. Link me!
sorry everyone thats gone there has been lost so I have not been able to get the directions to even the link :-D

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Oh. Oh god... Just when I had forgotten about that place...

It took my friends my friends, my family...

Now it's just me...

I'm all alone all alone because of The Basement.

Heed my warning. Ask no more questions. Just stay away from there...

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
We do not speak about The Basement. It would be wise to take that under advisement. Those who don't... Well, We don't speak about them.
This.

It's like drugs. Just say no.

It's like Fight Club, you don't talk about it.

It's like the N word, you don't say it.

Basically, it's the place for; well, the sort of people who'd go in there.

You don't want to be one of them.

CANofKAM

Nov 21, 2010
a ginger491 said:
I was recently reading another thread that an Escapist newcomer posted so that he could be I guess welcomed to the escapist and I read "don't go into the basement" or something along those lines at the end of a significant number of posts. I've only been an escapist since April and finding out about this new place I've never heard of intrigues me. I just want to know what the hell this thing is honestly and if such horror stories about it are true why it would even be accessible, (unless it's not.) Be serious about it or just come up with more scary rumors but I do hope to learn something about it from those of you who know of it.
DON'T USE ITS NAME! calling it by its name gives it strength!

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
I have heard it told that if you press the Red Button 666 times on 666 different days you'll receive a personal message inviting you in......

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
It's where we hide the bodies of everyone who's been "banned." In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure it's just a localized meme of some kind, like nyan cat.

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
The basement, oh, that's simple. You see, it's --

*thonk*

-- Move Along Citizen There Is Nothing To See Here.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
I know a man who asked about the Basement. I heard an admin poisoned his cake. A better way to go, really.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
No one truly knows what the basement holds. All we know is that we do not speak of the basement and those who enter the basement, none of them ever returned.

But all you need to know is that, you are to never enter the basement.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
thelonewolf266 said:
I personally I think it contains the homeworld of the bronies, But that's just me.
I have a homeworld >.>

I must venture to the basement so I may be home again

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
What basement?
Where?
I don't know what you're talking about. You're crazy. Stop it. Shut up. Shut up. Shut- UUUUUUP!!!

Just don't, alright? Please.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Noooooooooooobody knows.

Some say that if you go into The Basement, you will suddenly be devoured by snipes and your leftovers are used for ingredients in troll soup...
But that's just an old wives tale.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Don't worry about it. If you don't mess with us them, we they won't mess with you. Much :D

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
I didn't know we even HAD a basement, and I've been here for a few years! o_O

Guys, is it okay for me to store some of the stuff from my attic there?
I've just got so many boxes of junk... :/

Think I'll go check out how much space we have downnnnOH MY GOD.... WHAT THE FU -

*Comes back up from the basement*

.... Kill me. What has been seen cannot be unseen. O.O

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
What are you doing?
You mustn't make threads about the that place!
This won't end well.

Didn't anyone tell you when you joined?
Guys. Were anyone here around when a ginger491 joined? Seriously. Who were on duty back then?

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
AvsJoe said:
As one of few who ventured down there and survived, I can say it is a place to be avoided. However, for those of you who are willing to brave the perils of the basement, there is pie down there. Delicious pie.
This man is lying to you, WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T GO DOWN THERE. THERE ISN'T PIE...THERE'S NEVER PIE.