What is the largest game you have installed? (file size)

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
dumbseizure said:
DoPo said:
dumbseizure said:
I have enjoyed playing it. It slows down a bit in some areas that you go to, but overall I rate it pretty highly. The setting, the monsters, and the amount of law in it is amazing.

:D But anyway, how would you say it measures up when it's free? I might give it a shot.
Lmao, how did I miss that. *Lore*
I guess you had a seizure. Which caused you to be dumb. Can you pass me the sunglasses? No? Okay then... :D

dumbseizure said:
It is pretty good when it is free, you don't miss out on any content as far as I am aware, and (if I remember correctly) future huge content adds will just be like $5-10 each.
Hmm, I'll think about it in that case. I don't want to spend money, just get a feel for the game. But who know, if it's good enough I may start playing it more regularly.

gaiusimperator

Apr 4, 2010
Eclectic Dreck said:
gaiusimperator said:
my custom modded Morrowind folder size is around 100 gigs, does that count?

Modded Crysis is right behind at 71 gigs. SO MANY TEXTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't even understand how that's possible. While the game had a fair number of mods, the era that community was super active resulted in relatively compact mods. Even the new stuff with high res everything doesn't even scratch that. Without going out of your way to get bloating files, even downloading and installing every mod simultaneously, a prospect that would rapidly result in an utterly unplayable game, I don't see how you'd break 40 gigs.

Hell, if you take the hundreds of mods I've installed in Fallout and New Vegas and Oblivion and Skyrim, total including base game assets they don't take 100 gigs.

So, I guess my question is - what the hell do you have installed?!
You want me to list them out!?

Okay, hmmm.

Let's go with the biggies first, I have a few different texture mods that I keep in separate directories for when I want to mix and match. On top of that, there is Morrowind Graphics and Sound Overhaul.

I also have quite a few mods I keep as back up, and then I also like to edit files and such, and I am trying my hand at making textures. Also, I use my Morrowind folder to store a lot of different music files that I like to supplement my game with. Then there is the various model packs, and the various modding resources.

Really, the main problem is that I use my folder for more than playing the game.

Though, honestly, it has been years since I have actually PLAYED Morrowind.

When you start to mod it, you never go back honestly...

I have never purged the folder, I've just watched it rising in the same way an investigator in Call of Cthulhu watches the cult across the street.

I haven't tried to purge it, since I am sure I would take at LEAST 2d10 SAN loss, if not more.

Oh, and Crysis looks beautiful, but it runs around 2 fps with my full mod. It is an amalgamation of all other Crysis Mods, and has been built over many years. And there are many different versions I load.

I have a 500 gig hard drive, so I don't need to really worry about space, and I have grown wasteful...

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
gaiusimperator said:
I have a 500 gig hard drive, so I don't need to really worry about space, and I have grown wasteful...
... I'm jealous, I truly am. Mostly because currently I'm using a bit over 4TB of HD space. It makes me rather nostalgic about those good ol' days when 500GB seemed more space than I'd ever need.

OT: Shogun 2 would be my largest installed game, with Borderlands 2 and The Witcher 2 being solid contestants.

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
I recently had to redownload/install a lot of my old games because I had to reinstall my operating system (long story). Anyway, I was astonished to find that Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition was over 27gb. That's quite a lot for a game from that time...

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
skywolfblue said:
My WoW folder is 21.8GB, and that is without Cataclysm or Mists of Pandaria. So current players are probably looking at 30-50GB.
Nah, they've consolidated the files pretty well, actually, Mists is at 23.6 GB on my hard drive right now. EDIT: I feel I should clarify a little, though. I've had WoW on my hard drive since Burning Crusade, it was hovering between 15-20 GB until Cataclysm came out, then it jumped to 35 GB, and now with Mists it's back down to 23.6 GB.

That's my answer, too. Right behind it is The Witcher 2 at 22.3 GB.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Currently it's The Old Republic sitting at 25GB. After that it's Sleeping Dogs which is a little over 9GB.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
A couple of games I had in the late early 90s came close to double digit numbers of floppy discs. I don't remember which games though. I'd have to get the box out of the attic and that's such a pain.

Biggest game I have installed is Portal 2 at 11 gigs with the next closest after that being Mass Effect 1 at around 9 gigs.

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
falcon1985 said:
At well over 250 gigs, that would be Flight Simulator X. So many add-ons.
Flight Sim?

Are you sure it isn't "Space ship in the entirety of the universe that is constantly expanding and also very largely populated........sim?"

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
Just deleted all the MMOs besides wow today, but pretty sure wow was biggest at 23gigs, it was 35 before the mop file optimization though. MMOs only things that ever break the 20G threshold anyways (tho i did get bl2 and max payne 3 for xbox)... still has nothing on

falcon1985 said:
could fit an actual plane in that much space o.o

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Currently Medieval 2: TW. Previously it was Force unleashed, around 25 gb, if I remember correctly. Most games I play nowadays are indie titles that aren't so big or the aforementioned Medieval and that's about it.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
On my computer? Guild Wars at 3.86GB.

On my PS3? Okami HD at 6.3GB.

On my Xbox? Witcher 2 at around 7GB or so.

falcon1985

Aug 29, 2009
dumbseizure said:
falcon1985 said:
Flight Sim?

Are you sure it isn't "Space ship in the entirety of the universe that is constantly expanding and also very largely populated........sim?"
Well the constantly expanding part is about right. Thing is the scenery packs like claiming disk-space. Makes it very pretty though. Some of the add-on aircraft are pretty detailed as well. Mostly scenery and texture stuff taking up the space though.