Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Serving UpSmiles said:
Jakub324 said:
Assassin's Creed 1. Seriously, WTF.
That's double for the AC2 ending,
Alien Space Gods?
are you kidding me?
There is a lovely 1-minute monologue at the game's climax that explains a fair bit. Apparently no one paid attention to it.
And they're not aliens, or from space. Or gods, unless you want to argue semantics.

Terramax said:
Video game ones where you spend 30+hrs to complete a game and it ends with a 10 second videoclip of pointless, near-nothingness.
I smell a KotOR 2 dig. Let me get my shovel and I'll join you. T'was shit.

OT: Enslaved's ending was... terrible.

The game shits out 3/4 of the way through, so that what was an interesting, well-written (and superbly acted) character-driven story becomes a very heavy-handed plot about worn-into-the-ground ethical debate, with an ambiguous ending that resolves nothing of the characters' arcs.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
LIFE, you die the end, it's the same ending with everyone, sure everyone's story ends with slihtly different deaths but it always ends with a death, maybe the creator of the show will eventually have someone not die and because of how long until that happens the twist will be even better...

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
I doubt many people are goin' to get this refference..and if they do, nobody'll care..but you asked, i'm answerin':

The ending to every single wrestling match involving John Cena...

If you are a wrestling fan you may've noticed this...if not, i'll take ya through th'paces:

1) Cena will proceed to get his arse beat by whoever his opponent happens to be for th'week (unless it's what's called a "squash" match, in which case he'll just win in 45 secconds and the "rules" don't apply)...throwing a punch or two to keep the "fight" interesting while his opponent demonstrates actual technical skill and the required ability to "tell a story" in the ring (yes, i know it's scripted, but it's still entertainment)....

2) Cena will get his "Hulk up" moment, where suddenly he seems to not feel any pain/etc...the usual "overcoming all odds" moment (*gag*)...

3) Run into the ropes for a pair of shoulder tackles, duck a "wild punch" so that he can do his weird, spinning-powerbomb-type-move-of-doom-thing....stand up with his hand in the air...do the "you can't see me motion", followed by the 5-Knuckle Shuffle (don't even get me started on that name)...

4) Do the AA (which is still the lamest finishing move ever), get the pin...or if we're REALLY LUCKY, AA/STF, Tapout...

EVERY ONE OF HIS GORRAM MATCHES ENDS EXACTLY THE SAME!!! And as a fan of professional wrestling for OVER 15 YEARS I don't see how this isn't BORING THE SH*T OUT OF EVERYBODY!!!!

Sorry...i know this isn't relevant to most, but you asked a question and this was th'first thing that popped in m'head...it also annoys th'sh*t out of me, so it fit.../rant

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
First and second Professor Layton games. I haven't played the third one yet, but I doubt I'd like the ending of that one either.

I actually guessed this one and I didn't even mean to. With the Professor and Luke finding cogs at sites of vanishing bodies and abductions, I joked, "Haha! Maybe that guy was a robot! Hey! Maybe the whole town is robots!" You have no idea how peeved I was when my joke was correct.

This one I didn't guess, probably because IT'S TOTALLY IMPLAUSIBLE! Everyone is on hallucinogens! Very very consistent hallucinogens! That made everyone hallucinate the same thing for FIFTY YEARS! WHAT THE HECK?!

I know it's a casual game series. I know it's supposed to be whimsical and funny. I know the emphasis is supposed to be on the puzzles that litter the game rather than the overarching storyline, but for goodness sake, creators! A mystery is a puzzle! We play the game because we like puzzles! So for the big big puzzle, give us something we can actually solve on our own!

Bran1470

Feb 24, 2010
when the main character dies at the end of the game *cough* Red Dead Redemption *cough*

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Final Fantasy XIII.

Then again, that was, to me, just a bad game for many reasons, but as I was playing it I was holding out some hope that the big ending sequence would make the story make sense give me some sort of "aha!" moment to tie up all the "whuh?" that I had pushed through.

Then the generic, overdone ending just made me "whuh?" all the more and push my frustration with the game's story into hatred territory.

robotam

Jun 7, 2010
Movie:
The Not Director's cut ending of Blade Runner
Sure, they weren't able to find a way for replicants to live long (the whole "that which burns twice as bright, burns half as long thing"). That is except for Rachel, because she's different. So lets get on a train and live happily ever after.

Game:
Dragon Age 2
Be sure to tune in for Dragon Age 3. Where we might finish the story

TV:
Reaper. I just don't think it should have ended.

Lenin211

Apr 22, 2011
L.A. Noire's ending felt extremely abrupt and out of place. But the most irritating ending would have to be the ending to Red Dead Redempiton. I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY AS F*CKING JACK!

(I hope that dosen't count as trolling)

Corjha

Mar 14, 2008
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. The twist at the end is that everything you have done has been a complete waste of time.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
There was a book I read a while back that I picked up at a charity shop for a train journey. (I can't remember the name of it now but will update if I remember)

During the novel, which is about aliens invading the earth and just taking over in a matter of hours, two of the main characters have a conversation about how crappy the end to War Of The Worlds was and it felt very much like the author was poking fun at that lack of climactic resolution.

At the end of his book the aliens just leave suddenly. No explanation, no resolution to anything they just pack up and go all at once. Now the prolonged discussion about War Of The Worlds led me to believe the author had come up with a great ending of some sort but I was really disappointed.

It was a shame as the book as a whole was quite enjoyable, not amazing by any standards but entertaining enough.

I'll also say every single M. Night Shymalan movie. First 10 minutes is usually ok and then the rest is just horrendously dull, predictable or plain rubbish.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Not so much story-wise, but I hate endings like this:

Fuck you alright? I was working for this moment for ages, getting totally psyched only to be greeted by something like this?! Fallout 3 pulled the same bullshit.

I would include Dragon Age as well, but it had this awesome little first-person part before the slideshow, you in front of a hall of cheering people. That made me feel all warm and fluffy.

TheHardcase

Jun 7, 2011
If we consider Serenity to be the ending of Firefly, then fuck Serenity. They killed Wash. They motherfucking killed Wash. By they I mean Joss Whedon. Why did he make us watch Wash die? This was scarring and traumatic.

Fallout 3 had a pretty meh ending. The whole story was pretty meh though, so it was hardly surprising. The side quests were infinitely more interesting (The man-tree thing? Ace).

I agree with the Borderlands ending. The easiest boss fight in the game followed by... nothing? That fight probably would have been more difficult if Commandant Steel (was that her name?) was the boss instead of the gaping axe wound from Watchmen.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
KOTOR2.
Oh, and DA2.
Oh, and Halo 3.
Not to mention MW2.
Oh yeah! And-
Edit:
AgDr_ODST said:
Halo 2: of course.....who wasn't pissed at 'sir Finishing this fight...*roll Credits*'
That actually got me REALLY psyched for Halo 3... which was one hell of a disappointment.
Edit 2: Oh, and every Fable game ended kinda flatly, imo...

Grunt_Man11

Mar 15, 2011
necromanzer52 said:
AgDr_ODST said:
Halo 2: of course.....who wasn't pissed at 'sir Finishing this fight...*roll Credits*'
I may be the only one.
I wasn't pissed at the ending of Halo 2.

Why? For a number of reasons:

1) I had just fought the brute, Tatarius (or however you spell his name), as the Arbiter. That guy was one step from having a neon sign over his head with the words, "FINAL BOSS!"

2) I had gotten plenty of hours of gameplay already. Anyone who says otherwise can't tell time.

3) I hadn't convinced myself that Halo 2 would be the last Halo game. Seriously, it seems that a lot of the people who complain about the ending expected Halo 2 to be the last game. To those people I just say, "delusional much?"

4) Were any of you listening to the music that was playing in the background? It was grade A "end of the movie/game" music.

There were plenty of hints, some borderline obvious, that you were reaching the end of the campaign in Halo 2. It was a FPS for crying out loud, not a JRPG.