What is the oldest game in your collection?

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Browsing through my games, I've found myself yearning for games I don't have anymore. I'm just way too quick to give away anything I stop playing for any amount of time. I do still have a few classics I just refuse to let go of. Games like Brigadine and Suikoden for PSX, Dungeon Keeper 2, Wizardry Gold, Diablo and Majesty for Windows, and Master of Orion 2 for DOS. But my oldest game it looks like is...

Master of Magic which unfortunately I've never been able to get to work with DOSBox. Still hanging onto it though!

So what's the oldest game you're still holding onto? And I'm talking about a hard copy, not just some classic you downloaded. Oh, and extra kudos if it's older than you!

ten.to.ten

Mar 17, 2011
I have a bunch of Sega Master System games, not sure which one of those was made first but certainly amongst those would be the oldest game in my collection.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I think I like this thread o.o!!

PC: Fallout (though to be fair, it's the Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics triple peack released not-too-long-ago)

PS2: GTA-San Andreas

Game Boy: Pokemon Red

Xbox: Halo

PSX: Final Fantasy VII

I think Pokemon Red is the winner when it comes to Old Games. I think I still have the box too...the manual however is lost to the ages.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
If my NES wasn't dead, It would be Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt.

Since that isn't the case, it's Super Mario 64.

Mr Binary

Jan 24, 2011
I have an old pong console that my Dad gave me. I suppose that would be my oldest game.

lazysquirell

Jun 1, 2008
Sadly I've lost most of my old games I think Zelda: Ocarina of time is the oldest I own but sadly theres no N64 around the house to have a go at it again lol.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Super Mario Land on the Gameboy, which actually came out before I was born. So yeah.

EDIT: I've got Tetris for the GB too, I don't know if that's older. meh.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Konata Star said:
I have an old pong console that my Dad gave me. I suppose that would be my oldest game.
I almost put that the Pong console definitely counts! I use to have one too, but just like every other old console, as soon as something newer comes out I'm just too quick to give away. That's the trouble with having much younger siblings and a nephew and never having any money come thier birthdays. Only reason I've kept ahold of the PSX games (along with Vice City for PS2) is they play on the PS3.

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
Does anybody else remember how your eyes used to sting after playing the N64 for way too long?

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
PC: X-Wing, even though I can't play it due to my computer being too advanced. If that doesn't count, AOE II, but I also can't play it. I think the reason's different, since I've actually had the game open about twice, it just doesn't play any more for some reason. Which really pisses me off, because I paid $20 for it and the expansion and I haven't even beaten all the campaigns.

Console: OoT. And it's still fucking amazing.

Handhelds: Blue Version. Hasn't aged as well as OoT.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
I still have games for the original nintendo.

Lets see.... Duck Hunt/ Super Mario Bros, Castlevania 2 Simmon's Quest, and at least 10 others.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Secret of Evermore. Man, I loved that game. Too bad my SNES bit the big one a long time ago. I wish I still had my Secret of Mana game, too. So many memories, so much depth and none of this graphic whoring you see nowadays...

Why did I have to grow up and leave that 90's style of gaming?

iNsAnEHAV0C

Sep 20, 2009
Pong... I have the original video game... well it was my dad's but I have it and it still works!