What is the oldest game in your collection?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, Legend of Zelda, Gauntlet, and maybe some others for the NES. (Also the first games I ever played)

noxymoron19

Feb 4, 2011
Prolly the original crash bandicoot. Spyro and crash bandicot are stilll the funnest games around. more then 10 years later

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
My dad still hangs on to his PC collection from the 90's, so there are all kinds of ancient relics lying around our house.

Lungo

Feb 9, 2008
Transport Tycoon !! Not deluxe or any fancy thing, the plain old Transport Tycoon, 1st release edition. I actual just looked it up how old it is and it say release 94' so, 17 year old :)

And yes, it is still awesome! Not long time ago I took it up again, just to first realise that it won't run on vista. Not a big surprise, but it was a surprise that I found it was made open source and I could get a improved version of it with tons of new stuff... ohh yes... there went a god handful of hours that way again.

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
Hmm...

NES: F-15 strike eagle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-15_Strike_Eagle_(video_game)

PC: Quarantine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarantine_(video_game) This one is not the original release though. My oldest PC game that I bought during its original release (that I still own) was either Close combat: A bridge too far or Syndicate wars.

Sega megadrive: Probably the Jurassic park game http://www.consoleclassix.com/genesis/jurassic_park.html

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
That would be the two games I bought when I got my DS: Etrian Odyssey and Lunar Knights which are both great games!

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Marmal4de said:
My dad still hangs on to his PC collection from the 90's, so there are all kinds on ancient relics lying around our house.

If those are ancient relics, I must have been mummified.

Hehe, thanks for replacing my nostalgia with back pains and migraines for the day...

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Amberella said:
I have a bunch of games for my Sega Genesis.

My games and my Sega still work. :)
I was waiting for someone to mention the Genesis! I'm not surprised it still works it was a great system! Mine lasted for about a decade until I gave it away. It stopped working for them a few years back. What would surprise me is to hear that someone still has a working SEGA CD or 32X though!

Ironic in a way that now Nintendo is probably the best company for modern product longevity yeah?

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
katsabas said:
No, I didn't miss it, I was asking for the next in the franchise. Nosgoth is still in ruins after Defiance, there was no resolution!

Also, I have to ask: Ripto's Revenge or Year Of The Dragon?
The first three Spyro games were glorious. If I had to choose, I'd probably say Ripto's Rage, but Year of the Dragon is just as good.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, I suppose.

Older games died with the respective PC:s they were installed on, and the demise of the floppy disks. The oldest PC game disc I have is probably a Doom shareware disc.