What is the oldest game you still play?

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
I still play star wars: battlefront 2 on my PS2 with my friends. Pretty fun!

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Well this is by far the easiest question I've answered on the Escapist. Chess. I've also played NIM in the past year, but just as a programming exercise. If you want a more "true to era" game (since the chess I play on my PC is far prettier and better at chess than the first iteration of it on a computer in the 1950's), Pong.

I'd consider it unnecessarily picky to say I'm not playing it on it's original platform.

Oldest game I play and genuinely get some real pleasure out of? Much more difficult a question, I don't know the release dates of all the games I play. Probably something Megadrive era though.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
Jeebuz I feel old...oldest games I still play regularly...

Asteroids
Defender
Joust
Pac Man
Berzerk
Galaga
Space Invaders

Pirakahunter788

Feb 4, 2011
My oldest game I'm currently playing is King's Quest VI : Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow.
"Nothing like getting swept off your feet..."

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Played Berzerk and Gorf a couple weeks ago.. So 31 years or so for video games.

Ryhzuo

Sep 19, 2010
I still whip out tetris on my original Gameboy every now again. Other than that, probably CS1.6

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
I haven't played Go in a while, so I'm probably rusty, lol.
I play Chess regularly against my computer or my family when I visit.

Oldest non-board, non-card game I play is probably Mario Kart (1997)
I don't play it that often though, so I suppose Ogre Battle 64 (2000) would be the oldest game I play regularly.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
That I play regularly? Donkey Kong Country.

Have a lot of older games, but that one game is definitely the one that stands out in my mind and keeps me coming back to play it every now and then. More than the other older games that I have lying around.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Tetris.(1984)

I wanted to say Dwarf Fortress for it's graphics style (it has none) but that doesn't count(2006).

Also Tank Racer (1998). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Racer
I don't play it all that much, but I reinstalled it on my laptop a few months back.

Sacrifice (2001) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrifice_(video_game)

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
That's tough, if you want to talk about oldest games I still play in their original form (I don't have many of my old consoles anymore, and none of them are hooked up), but if we want to talk oldest game overall that gets consistent play out of me, I'd say Xevious. Past that, the oldest it gets is mid-to-late Playstation era stuff.

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
I still play Super Mario Bros. 3 on my Gameboy. I can't ever get enough of the Mushroom Kingdom.