What is the Rarest Game You Own?

gdnvs

Dec 28, 2008
UncleUlty said:
Castlevania:Harmony of Dissonance, It's fairly hard to find in stores, I found mine by a complete fluke at a gamestop when I was checking out prices on Used PSPs.

Digital devil Saga 1, It's kinda rare, you can get it online, but I've yet to see it in a store.
They probably won't sell Harmony of dissonance separatly anymore since you can buy the double pack and get both Harmony of dissonance and aria of sorrow. At least thats how I got my copy.

KazNecro

Jun 1, 2009
My rarest game, and I call it such because its extremely hard to find, is Xenogears for the PS1.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
marvel super heroes - ps1
silent hill - ps1
silent hill demo - ps1
silent hill 3 + soundtrack - ps2

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
gdnvs said:
UncleUlty said:
Castlevania:Harmony of Dissonance, It's fairly hard to find in stores, I found mine by a complete fluke at a gamestop when I was checking out prices on Used PSPs.

Digital devil Saga 1, It's kinda rare, you can get it online, but I've yet to see it in a store.
They probably won't sell Harmony of dissonance separatly anymore since you can buy the double pack and get both Harmony of dissonance and aria of sorrow. At least thats how I got my copy.
I don't think they do I had to get mine used.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
Metal Fatigue. It's an old game, and I never really recalled seeing it very often when I would wander through game stores.

I also have a copy of Operation Wolf on the old 5.25" (or 5.5" - I don't remember) disks. Anyone else remember playing that game in the Arcade? I don't think it really caught on for PC though, but I have a copy (somewhere...).

I have also stublmed upon an old copy of Star Trek: Generations for PC. It wasn't the greatest game, but it did hold my attention when I was young, and I don't think very many copies of the game were made.

I've also got Dune II, the original X-wing, Star Trek: 25th Anniversary, The original Prince of Persia, Wolfenstein 3D (on floppy disks!), Stunts, and the original Tetris.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
StigmataDiaboli said:
Can be from any console, any year, regular or special edition. All it needs to be is considered rare. (By you or internet)

Mine is Exhumed on the PSOne, an early FPS set in Egypt, and any Zero Punctuation followers may have actually heard Yahtzee mention it in his Turok review somewhere. Cost me 9 pounds.. currently one on eBay as we speak for 25 pounds.

What be your's gentlemen and ladies?
Diable: Hellfire (An expansion pack for it that very few copies are floating around of)

Undercover

Jul 19, 2009
System Shock 2 for the PC. A friend of mine gave it to me years ago because his machine couldn't run it. Friggin' awesome game, and the forerunner to Bioshock. (Actually Bioshock is basically System Shock 2 with better graphics...)

If you can find it, I HIGHLY recommend it!

VV0lfGanq

May 26, 2009
linchowlewy said:
Misadventures of Tron Bonne:

No-one has ever heard of it. Ever. I'm So so so glad my dad bought it for me super cheap when i was a wee lad.

I probably have plenty of rarer games but none that people actually would consider good.
awesome game, i still own it lol =] xxxxx

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Does the Atari ET game count? I had Warhammer: Dark Omen but the CD broke and finding it is impossible now.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Original Crash Bandicoot 1,3 and Crash Bash
Creatures on the PC is pretty old, don't know how rare though

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Imperium Galactica II.
One of the damn best strategies ever. And it seems the internet didn't even notice.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
dragon_of_red said:
War Of The Monsters for PS2.

I cant find it anywhere else, my friend looked for ages because he also wanted it, still hasnt found it.
My friend has that!

I freaking LOVE THAT GAME

Massecurr

Apr 14, 2009
C&C Renegade
Hexen N64 version in box
super Mario cart. without duck hunt
Quake Shareware version
Doom 1 shareware version
Fallout 1 in case
and Wolfenstein 3d disk

Eldamar

Dec 24, 2008
Pajama Sam's Sock Works for the PC. 50+ levels all about sorting socks. I promise you, it was fun when I was 8...

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
Hmmm..

Panzer Dragoon Saga: of course I got this, it's also one of my favorite games to play
Dragon Force: awesome game
Shining Force 3 part 1: yeah, they split it up into three parts, and only released part 1 in the US
Castlevania SOTN version for the saturn (japanese import) where you can play as Maria, and it had some more map areas and weapons, like the alucard spear that reaches across the screen AND does the rapier multi-jab.

does it really matter? My Saturn internal battery is dead, so I can't save, which really sucks

Suikoden 2: It's not entirely rare, just so good that nobody in their right mind would ever give up a copy
Kodelka: prequel to the Shadow Hearts series. Don't think I've ever seen a copy other than mine
Tecmo's Deception: A game that you sacrifice souls to satan. I'm sure some people bought copies just to keep them off the market. Plus if you put into monster rancher it makes a special monster.
Elemental Gearbolt: fantasy based light gun game
Shadow Madness: another game I have only seen one copy of

Grandia Xtreme: not really great, but was hard to find

Oh, Square doesn't make rare games. The rarest games you'll have with a square label on them would be like Einhander or Ergheist, non-rpg types.

TheMirai

Sep 19, 2009
Hands-down, my copies of Bushido Blade ala PSX, and my copies of Lufia II, Earthbound, and Super Mario RPG for SNES.

Sometimes I sleep curled up with them.