What is the Rarest Game You Own?

lordgazoontite

Jul 21, 2009
probably the rarest games i have are lost in blue and the first pheonix wright game. i remember walking in to the store and asking when pheonix wright came out only to find out that it and lost in blue were discontinued and they were probably only getting a couple of copies. lucky for me i snagged like the last one in the city.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I have Megaman X3 on my Snes...

Oh, I had Ogre Battle 64. However, my bro made a dick move and GAVE it to his friend....I could've had 200$ easy....

Adox1337

Oct 2, 2009
An old game called "Starship Atlantica" An really old game made by Douglas Adams. Comes with 3D-goggles and somewhat good graphics for it's time.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
The original Shadow Hearts game for PS2 and I think I still have the first age of empires somewhere that came with my PC a gazillion years ago. That's still an awesome game.

ZedAvatar

Jul 22, 2009
It's buried somewhere in my closet, but I've got the shareware release of Wolfenstein 3D that Apogee Software (remember them?) packaged in for free when I bought the original Commander Keen trilogy. For more fun, they all came on 5 1/4" floppies, so I couldn't install them if I wanted to do. Thank Jeebus for Steam!

ZedAvatar

Jul 22, 2009
Oooh! Even better than my previous post: I just found the copy of Silpheed that came bundled with the original Game Blaster sound card (the predecessor to Sound Blaster!). That game is probably in my top 10 most fun games of all time.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
Contra, I think thats the only one.
Unless you wanna call Super Mario Brothers 3 (I think) a rare game.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Front Mission for Ps1
Vegrant Story Ps1
Both were a ***** to find.
(and that was more then 5 years ago)

mkg

Feb 24, 2009
I've got the black case FF7 (not greatest hits), monster rancher 1, and (maybe my rarest if you don't count my nes games) jumping flash 1. You can scratch your head on that last one, I won't judge you. :)

mkg

Feb 24, 2009
Oh and I still have a copy of the old Duke Nukem (sidescroller!) sharewares on floppy somewhere around here...

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Adox1337 said:
An old game called "Starship Atlantica" An really old game made by Douglas Adams. Comes with 3D-goggles and somewhat good graphics for it's time.
Do you mean Starship Titanic?

Daenoth

Aug 30, 2009
My rarest one would probably be Dragon Warrior 7. I also own original (first run) copies of Symphony of the Night, Final fantasy Tactics, Chrono Trigger, and Valkyrie Profile.

Zeryxis

Oct 1, 2009
*scratches head* I guess my rarest would be a PSOne by the name of Azure Dreams...a kinda lame dungeon game that I only play when I really want to...it's cute but monotonous since the human's character level drops to 1 every time you leave the tower...and you can only have like, 20 items tops in your inventory, on top of only allowed to take up to, I believe it was 5, items in with you. You can only use 2 of your collected monsters at a time (also using up two of the allotted five entry slots), and it's a pain to even FIND an egg in the tower! Let alone find a teleportation crystal to let you get out without losing all your items (two ways out - crystal or get KO'd =3=) Plus, when your monsters get KO'd, you dont get the chance to heal them after they lose all their health or revive them or anything =3=
It's a cute distraction at least XD

I guess my PS2 game Gallop Racer 2006 is pretty hard to get too, it's like, the best horserace Sim game there is imo! There's plenty of challanges and detail (not looks wise, the horses tend to be quite similiar past markings and names), and it can get quite difficult to keep a the horse well-trained throughout it's racing careeer as well as attempting to collect titles.
I remember I had one mare lined up for the Triple Crown, and ended up entering her in a "training" race the week before >.< by the time I realized it's been too close to the final derby, I'd already saved over...tho I've sence deleted that file in favor of restarting since I've gotten used to the handling and such now.

I ramble too much X3

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Hrm...rarest game I own...Well I certainly hope it's rare enough for you, 'cause I can't find another copy of it anywhere.

Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master for the Sega Genesis. I know it's called the "Master Drive" over in Japan, but it's the Genesis here, so I call it the friggin' Genesis. Plus, "Genesis" sounds better than "Master Drive."

Blackjay25

Apr 24, 2009
Guilty Gear X2 PS2
Marvel Vs Capcom 1 PS1
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 PS2
Rival Schools PS1
Puzzle Fighter PS1

what can i say? i like fighters.