What is the story behind you Username?

Chelsizzle

Jun 29, 2008
My name is Chelsea and my brother came up with it in about 5 minutes when trying to make me a Gamertag.

And now I just use it because it's convenient and I don't have to remember a bunch of different usernames.

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
Its from an old Far Side comic. This alien told his pet alien to do a trick called Xorph. After reading it the word stuck and i started using it as a username.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I was reading about a physics experiment in which they had chilled a cluster of lithium atoms to near absolute zero. The scientists were describing the experiment and they said "... so by this stage we'd formed a kind of lithium jelly..." and I thought "Bam! Username!"

wizard_joe88

Nov 12, 2010
ArBeater said:
I came up with the name when I was twelve and signing up for Runescape. Man that was 8 years ago. Name stuck.
Hmmm.... I just looked in the first page of this thread and someone had the same username story as me.

commodore96

Aug 31, 2010
I was doing a group building thing on a ropes course, and I had a Commodores t-shirt on. A kid was falling and he yelled "Commodore grab me" the name stuck

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Huge prog-rock and metal fan here.

Was making my AIM screen name and had a hard time thinking of something, so the first things that popped in my head were the two groups I'd begun to get into at the time: Ayreon and Iron Maiden.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Back when I started playing Runescape in 2002 I needed a character name. I somehow came up with "Sir Drakmorg". Since that was about 9 years ago I can't remember why I came up with it. Since then I've been too lazy/uncreative to come up with anything different.

pejhmon

Mar 2, 2010
it's my name .... as in my name name .... the name by which i go by in the game know as "real life" :p. my name's so rare (even in native Iran) that I can get away using it for anything

I used "ThePejhmon" for a bit cause it made it sound cooler by I recently started using "Anti-Gaffortry", which is my first non-name based nickname that I've ever used (that stuck) after, what , 10 years of gaming? That derived from when a friend (who plays WoW) and I (who did but does not atm) were discussing how gay the human male sounds and she meant to type ****** but accidently switched the f and g. Stuck from then (although I did accidently misspell gaffotry because i've added the r for my in-game name and cba to correct it)

EDIT: After just thinking about the whole username thing I've decided that I might change my steam name to "Pejhnomnomnom", which is just a play on my name (last 3 letters are mon --> nom)

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
I needed a new Gamertag. After my last shit of numbers and odd characters I decided to go for the most simple thing I could think of. It's just sort of stuck for everything, now.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I came up with it when making a second youtube account. The original intention was to troll people's videos, and while thinking up the name I decided on Critic since people in school always told me I was one, and World simply because I needed a title for the name. Eventually I realized how much of an idiot I was being as a troll and decided to stop. When I made my account here on the escapist I decided I didn't want to use my original youtube account's name because it was too close to my real name, so I chose this one instead.

Gunjester

Mar 31, 2010
I ended up finding an enemy in an old MMO I used to play.
A deranged orange-purple jester rolling around on an over-sized bomb. Took a liking to it.
I was originally named "Bombjester" on another site, and the people there ended up just calling me Gun. Mainly because I hated said items, was 13 and they thought it was funny when I spazzed.
So Gun-Jester....yeah

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
I had just finished watching Death Note and found this site so I choose a username related to the show. Death God was the first thing I could come up with at the time.

nerfando

May 21, 2009
My real name is Fernando and I realized how IMBA I was, so I decided to nerf myself.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
everyone posts, no-one reads
but seriously now, I had a different username before. I got bored of it and asked an IRC group to decide a new one. Common sense didn't quite prevail and so here I am, your friendly neighbourhood Hipaboo