What is the story behind you Username?

Lang901

Aug 2, 2010
The other day on formspring they ask this question. So i was wondering what the escapist has to say about this question. Mine i got because my nickname was lang-lang. so i just shortened and added the first two numbers i hit.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
My sister and I came up with the name when we were both really young. I kept it as my online username because I like it.

TheSuperiorXemnas

May 18, 2010
Well, this guy is named Xemnas...and Zexy(Zexion) Called him "The Superior". So I just threw in those two together then added his name.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I came back from the dead.

Nah, the Necromancer came from the random Necromaner-related things happening to me at the point when I signed up (You'd be surprised how many of them there were).

Jim was added because it was the least intimidating name I could think of to go with one of the most evil things I could think of.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
i was contemplating the death penalty, and wondered how you could have a "death by death". the rest is history.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I had pet rats and I grew to love the animal. And you know the ol' saying "life is a rat race".
So, that's it. The 123 is just a 123.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Artanis is from StarCraft Brood War, and is usually the name I use (My back up is Azrael) and since it was taken I added Neravar your previous incarnation in Morrowind, two of my favorite games

Dr.Sean

Apr 5, 2009
It happened during Team Fortress 2. I was playing with my old clan, {OTD}, and I kept changing my name based upon what class I was playing. I eventually became {OTD}DoctorSean, and then when I left the clan I became Dr. Sean. That name is a little outdated now, seeing as my Profile Name on steam is Sergeant Galt.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
I was late to getting a computer and getting online back in the 90s, and when I was trying to come up with an online handle for something I was staring blankly at my screen and slowly typed in "Reptile" and my friend and I laughed at how lame it was. Then he said "If you're going to do that at least make it extra retarded and he shoved me aside and typed "diligent-reptile". We laughed, I hit enter, it stuck for some reason, and now I just use Diligent when I can.

Tulks

Dec 30, 2010
I got mine by searching the forums for the last times this was asked and choosing randomly from my responses.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
webe was my nick name when I was reaaallyyy little because when I tried spelling my name in an I Spy book I spelled it webe. later, when I was fist signing up for a forum, I forgot which one, I got frustrated that all the names were taken so I put poop at the end and voila!

although lately I've been using Cornelious VonFinklestein. just a really fancy aristocratic name like thingy

Janktrio

Oct 25, 2010
I got mine when I made a Runescape account back when I was 10. I saw that most people had weird names with lots of numbers on them so I tried to make up a username that sounded at least like some type of real name. Janktrio was what I came up with, not very good but it stuck afterwards.

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
I really like Boyz n the Hood so I decided to name myself after the coolest character (who was incidentally played by Morpheus)

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
When I was in high school I was on the Tennis team and Jrotc. It just happened that on wednesdays that I had to wear my uniform for jrotc and had away matches on the tennis team.
There really was no time to change so I just played in my jrotc uniform. We didn't have a lockerroom.
Playing tennis in my army boots got me that nick name.

nima55

Paladin of Traffic Law
Nov 14, 2010
my middle name is nima and 5 is my favorite number. pretty simple backstory I think