What is the stupidest movie ever made?

umatbro

Feb 18, 2021
Country
Australia (Not Yahtzee's homeland)
Sometimes I think Hollywood makes bad video game movies on purpose in order to discredit video games.

Also who In their right mind thought giving Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards a biopic was a good idea? He sucked so badly the IOC introduced the Eddie The Eagle rule to prevent the likes of him from competing at the Olympics.

But if we're talking what movie aggravated me the most with its stupidity, I genuinely struggle to think of a better candidate than Equilibrium (2002). Holy fuck that movie felt like a first draft written by a 12-year old who got halfway into their first Philip K Dick novel, but then got bored and watched the fight scenes from The Matrix instead. And then wrote out whatever delirious shreds of memory still lingered in their head 3 hours past their bedtime after chugging 3 litres of coca-cola.

It's not just that the world is badly thought out, but the writing constantly undermines the entire premise, which itself in turn is so staggeringly juvenile I'm astonished it was made into a feature length movie. And then they throw in that stupid looking gun martial arts which looks so ridiculous I burst out laughing every time they did it. And the fact that the movie takes itself 100% seriously only underlines it further.
On one hand, how dare you talk shit about Equilibrium. On the other hand, whenever Ben Shapiro says "Facts don't care about your feelings", Equilibrium comes to mind. Be careful what you wish for, Benji.

If you want something really juvenile, watch Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Sometimes I think Hollywood makes bad video game movies on purpose in order to discredit video games.

Also who In their right mind thought giving Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards a biopic was a good idea? He sucked so badly the IOC introduced the Eddie The Eagle rule to prevent the likes of him from competing at the Olympics.

On one hand, how dare you talk shit about Equilibrium. On the other hand, whenever Ben Shapiro says "Facts don't care about your feelings", Equilibrium comes to mind. Be careful what you wish for, Benji.

If you want something really juvenile, watch Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever.
Equilibrium nearly did make my choice though just for it's premise. Literal Gun Fu experts designed to kill people who have FEELINGS....wut?!

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Maybe you can confirm this; was it true that Abobo was based on Abdullah the Butcher?
I don't about the movie version (I highly doubt it and never heard of such a thing), but OG video game version is based off the martial arts actor, Bolo Yeung. In DD II: The Revenge (NES), there are Abobos' with the mullet and evil goatee, and are just called Bolo.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
I don't about the movie version (I highly doubt it and never heard of such a thing), but OG video game version is based off the martial arts actor, Bolo Yeung. In DD II: The Revenge (NES), there are Abobos' with the mullet and evil goatee, and are just called Bolo.
Makes sense, and equally cool. Yang Sze is criminally underappreciated.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The Room
Freddy Got Fingered
Devilfish. The original Sharktopus... where blowing it up would multiply the fish somehow so you have to burn it.... Yes, you have to burn a fish still in the ocean. They use flamethrowers

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Stupidest for me that I've seen would have to be

Kaboom

For those who don't know it the film did the indie film fest circuit for while and got a lot of acclaim and praise.
For those who also don't know the film It's listed genre is a: Mystery, Drama, horror, teen, erotic, romance, action, suspense thriller, comedy
The plot has to go under spoilers because it will spoil just how stupid it is.

Smith a student at College studying film keeps having recurring dreams about stuff that happens he meets female student London and they have sex as something to do with her remarking she's never felt so god doing it. At a party his friend who is a Lesbian hooks up with a girl who gets a bit weirdly clinger later and they break up only for it to be revealed the girl is a witch who tries to kill her including at one point trying to eat her out using a psychic ghost projection while said friend is driving. Smiths dreams about a red headed woman being attacked by men in animal masks then meets a girl just like her who reveals that her twin sister was attacked and killed years before by men wearing animal masks. London then has sex with Smith's room-mate Thor and Thor says he's never felt sex so good as with London. The masked men then show up later and kidnap Smith and London only to reveal that London and Smith are half siblings and their father is the leader of a doomsday cult and that's why they both have magic sex powers. In an attempt to escape the cult the lesbian best friend and other characters from the film try to rescue Smith and London only for the cult leader to press the doomsday button and nuke the earth killing everyone.

Bartholen

At age 6 I was born without a face
Legacy
Jul 1, 2020
Country
Finland
Freddy Got Fingered
I do think that movie is one of the great cinematic atrocities of all time, but it is in no way the stupidest film ever made. It's far too meta and self-aware (not in a good way) and avant garde to really warrant that label. It's an infinitely more interesting film to talk about than watch, but I have to give it some credit for being really out there and kind of clever in a really really twisted way.
I still say Monster Man or Shoot Em Up is worse, but nobody likes those in anything but an ironic sense.
Haven't seen Monster Man, but how do you "ironically" like something like Shoot Em Up? The movie itself is already super self-aware and dumb trash, and the only people I think could sincerely think it's cool are 12 year olds who've never seen an action movie before, and don't realize what purposely ridiculous action looks like.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I feel like I'm tempting fate here but... what is the context? I'm legit curious.
It's been too long and I don't remember everything. But this goes all the way back to Bob's late Screw Attack days and transitioning into into his early Escapists days when he just got hired around that time. Point being he liked the movie for "ironic" reasons, and felt it was a shame that nobody went to see it. He thought the movie deserved more recognition. He didn't make a full video about it, but it was in a different review where he talks about it for about 40 or 50 seconds. Like I said before, I don't have the time or patience, so you're probably going to have to go hid YouTube page and look all the way in the back for that one. If you can find it.