What is the Stupidest Reason...

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Today I ended up missing school because i only have spare change (and i mean 5p coins) and £20 notes. i missed the school bus, and couldnt buy a bus ticket because the bus drivers cant be fucked counting out spare change/change for anything more than a fiver. so i just caught up on all the homework i've been distracted from.
And two days ago, a friend of mine missed school because he was asleep for 15 hours.

So what's the stupidest reason you've ever had to miss school/work/any social gathering?

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
I once got late for my exams because the bus hit a car, causing a traffic jam at a crowded intersection. FU busdriver, FU.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I once arrived late because I found a cat that I'd seen on a "missing" poster a while back.
Turned out it wasn't missing any more, and I'd just wasted half an hour dragging it to its owner.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
If I was gonna be late, I usually just skipped first period in school.

I'm never late to work, though. I might call out sick, though, but even that's rare. Last two times I did were due to a killer migraine headache (every step I took made it worse) and another day I woke up, tried to eat, and threw up. Granted on the later one, I had spent the night before with friends taking a few (see 5-7) shots.

I'm a bad influence.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Probably my mom sleeping in is the stupidest reason I ever missed or was late for school. It's a 2 mile walk vs. a five minute drive, so by the time I realized she wasn't getting up I was already late by at least a half hour. You know what's extra stupid? We were just barely outside the 2.25 busing area. It was a .5 mile walk to a bus stop instead of a 2.1 mile walk to school, but that wasn't allowed for some ridiculous reason.

Ulfrick

Oct 14, 2010
was late for work due to a computer virus that caused my computer to not update for daylight savings time (I'd manually updated it before going to sleep that night but it reverted some time during the night) so I woke up an hour late.

Ti0k0

Jun 22, 2011
I bought a Calippo at the gasstation in midwinter, while cycling to school. Because I was wearing gloves (and used the warmth of my hands), it didn't pop out before I got to school, and I wasn't allowed to enter the classroom with it. So I firts ate the iceream before entering, cause I'll be damned before I trow away my icecream!

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/calippo.jpg/]

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
One of my friends missed the bus because he "was having a wank and lost track of time." He was never, ever allowed to forget that.

hotsauceman

Jun 23, 2011
I once was late because i had to run back and print a paper. Teacher didnt care i was 5 minute late for her thing. She still slapped me with detention.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
My dad accidentally moved his dresser in front of my bedroom door before going to work because we were in the process of moving, and forgot to finish moving it. The dresser made it impossible to leave my room because it wedged against the wall just outside, and getting out would've involved breaking the dresser (not an option). So I spent half the day in my room on my computer while I waited for my dad to get home. All in all it was a fun day, just an incredibly stupid reason to miss school. On the other hand my principal thought it was hilarious when I told him the next day, he was very understanding.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'm usually only ever late because it'll be a day where I need to rely on someone in my family to either drive me, or another person in the family getting ready, so that the former can drive me.

Arctarus'sCookie

May 9, 2011
I was late once because the power had gone out while everyone was asleep, so no-one's alarm clock went off until I woke up at 9 a.m. and told my mom we were late for school and she was late for work. And so we just didn't go in that day.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Vilcus said:
My dad accidentally moved his dresser in front of my bedroom door before going to work because we were in the process of moving, and forgot to finish moving it. The dresser made it impossible to leave my room because it wedged against the wall just outside, and getting out would've involved breaking the dresser (not an option). So I spent half the day in my room on my computer while I waited for my dad to get home. All in all it was a fun day, just an incredibly stupid reason to miss school. On the other hand my principal thought it was hilarious when I told him the next day, he was very understanding.
What did you do when nature called? Do I really want to know?

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Oh....

Once my dog vomited in the morning has i was going to school, the hot water was over (in my country we use gas containers to provide hot water), so i had to cold shower it, the bus never appeared so i had to walk 1 hour till the train station (off course right after i leave 2 or 3 minutes later appears the only bus i needed, got to the station the train was delayed due to a guy who suicided, got in the train and there ws a malfunction on the line so i had to be 30 minutes stuck on a train that stopped on a goddam bridge in a hot summer day, manage to get to the 2nd bus station but it was also delayed, got to the school realized i forgot all my books for that day (only had the things from the previous day, wich i didn't need), and after all still managed to step on dog shit, fall on the floor and later get stuck on a elevator...

To this day i think i was momentarily cursed... so much thing happening at the same time...

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Back when I was in year 11 (about 3 years ago) the bus came 10 minutes early. Pretty much everybody missed it so they got lifts from their parent on their way to work, shopping, etc. A few friends and I thought it would be a good idea to just walk instead... it's several miles away and we dragged the walk out, took the long routes, popped into every shop en route, skipped stones in the river - things like that. We made it in for lunch at 1pm, where we'd set off at 7:50am; and went to the last 2 lessons of the day as though nothing happened, although it did feel a bit surreal at the time.

Recent Example:
I didn't go to tutorial last week because it's a 20 minute drive, for an hours non-work, to do pretty much nothing, then a 20 minute drive home again. I sent my lecturer an email saying I won't be arriving for that absolute truth of a reason. She acknowledged it and told the others they could do the same thing :DD

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
My older brother and dad had a laugh at my expence so I didn't get out of bed to go to school, I think I was 7-8 at the time.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Using the same alarm clock for too long. After a few years of shutting off that annoying noise every single morning, I will inevitably learn to do it in my sleep.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
The day it snowed a couple of inches and my mums car couldn't get out of the driveway. I suppose I could've walked to the end of my road and caught a bus... but fuck that.