what is the stupidist reason you've been kicked/banned from something?

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
dave1004 said:
Danceofmasks said:
dave1004 said:
Then, I entered a building carved into a hill. There was a bed and an empty chest in there. I took the bed with me, 'cause I needed one. A day later I was perma-banned.

Note: A bed requires 3 wool and 3 planks to make. Punch one tree for 10 seconds, and you have the 3 planks. Punch 1-2 sheep and you have 3 wool. There you go, a bed. A completely worthless item.
You do know that breaking a bed also breaks the spawn point of anyone who set their spawn there?
Some servers people literally live hours away from the default spawn.
Bed breaking can be considered as bad as griefing gets.
Note: You have unlimited protections. You can protect any object that you want, be it a bed, a chest or a furnace. Even doors. There was no protection. Plus, a house has to have a sign up saying who owns it. This was an empty house with an empty chest and an unprotected bed. I don't even think anybody owned the bed, because no-one had complained about it. This was on ThePlague.us, a very hardcore difficult server. You don't "Go far away from spawn". Going far away meant you'd die. Quickly. The farther you are, the stronger the monsters are.

:<
Hmm.
I guess now that you explained yourself, it makes more sense.

However, empirically, breaking beds should be bannable by default.
'cos protections aren't vanilla.

Meaning, you weren't playing on a minecraft server per se, but a minecraft server with added protection plugin.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Not sure that I have been banned from anything/anywhere actually.
So...I'm either a boring person or a "good" one...

dave1004

Sep 20, 2010
Danceofmasks said:
dave1004 said:
Danceofmasks said:
dave1004 said:
Then, I entered a building carved into a hill. There was a bed and an empty chest in there. I took the bed with me, 'cause I needed one. A day later I was perma-banned.

Note: A bed requires 3 wool and 3 planks to make. Punch one tree for 10 seconds, and you have the 3 planks. Punch 1-2 sheep and you have 3 wool. There you go, a bed. A completely worthless item.
You do know that breaking a bed also breaks the spawn point of anyone who set their spawn there?
Some servers people literally live hours away from the default spawn.
Bed breaking can be considered as bad as griefing gets.
Note: You have unlimited protections. You can protect any object that you want, be it a bed, a chest or a furnace. Even doors. There was no protection. Plus, a house has to have a sign up saying who owns it. This was an empty house with an empty chest and an unprotected bed. I don't even think anybody owned the bed, because no-one had complained about it. This was on ThePlague.us, a very hardcore difficult server. You don't "Go far away from spawn". Going far away meant you'd die. Quickly. The farther you are, the stronger the monsters are.

:<
Hmm.
I guess now that you explained yourself, it makes more sense.

However, empirically, breaking beds should be bannable by default.
'cos protections aren't vanilla.

Meaning, you weren't playing on a minecraft server per se, but a minecraft server with added protection plugin.
Ah, yeah. I didn't explain it that well, sorry >_>. And, huh. I think that in Minecraft, there should be "No Rules". I mean, I like a server where I can do whatever. Kill someone? Sure! Burn their house? Great! Steal their diamonds? Go for it! Of course, the same could happen to me. That's what makes it fun...

Probably why I don't play multiplayer. Everyone whines whenever something bad happens.

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
I was suspended from this site for three days for adding nothing but a "+1" for a posted response. Other than that I've admin'd for a couple of game servers and used the banhammer, although very sparingly outside of provable hackers.

Lance Arrow

Apr 7, 2010
Once in a podcast chat I called the host by his first name instead of his screen name, then his girlfriend kicked me.

I lol'd though.

TriggerOnly

Oct 18, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I've never gotten banned from anything.

I'm a good boy.

Ban him! cocky basted

:p

OT I have got banned for 1 month every time I jumped on this one CSS server by this one admin if he was on. The reason for said ban ? I was too good and he didn't like ding from me all the time.... not even joking or being up my self he really just didn't like losing to me.

Dark Claw13

Apr 6, 2011
Lance Arrow said:
Once in a podcast chat I called the host by his first name instead of his screen name, then his girlfriend kicked me.

I lol'd though.
The only thing I thought of when I saw this post was WOOOOO FUCK YEA PIDGEY!

On the original topic - I've never been banned but I have been kicked so many times. I live in Australia so thats pretty much our internet summed up.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Got kicked out of multiplayer servers for winning, obviously it's impossible for someone else to win thus I must be cheating...

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Never been banned from anything, but I've been kicked from a few servers for some epic kill streaks, some admins can't seem to grasp the concept of losing . .

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
#Homeworld, the IRC of the RelicNews forums, kicks and kickbans people for any reason the ops or admins like. Naturally, since everyone who knows their stuff has autorejoin, only the latter matters, and the bans usually last about 30 seconds.

Being kicked for using the word "orientated" is just one of the many lolzy examples.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
I was banned for doing well once on Battlefield 2142. I was playing the Commander role doing everything my team wanted, when all of a sudden on chat they say 'Ban Vanguar[sic] for being a prick'. Then boom. Banned. No logical reason.

Also I was suspended on here for a week for making a joke using an image. It's my fault though, I forgot that humour is like venom to some of the mods. Doesn't matter how funny 10 other forum users find it, u broke da low content rulezz.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
putting up the flag at my elementary school when i was younger. I let the flag touch the ground and some little jerk started whining about it and told the principal.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I was once banned from a Space Station 13 server for stumbling across a mod on an abandoned ship (the server had a special map which usually no-one ever went to, and I liked exploring and building stuff there) who happened to be having lesbian cybersex. First he tased my character and shoved me in a teleporter with no location locked in (ended up suffocating in space), then when I complained about this brutal murder the mod banned me so I wouldn't be able to talk about what he/she was doing at the time.

Funnily enough, on later visits to the server (with a second account) I found out that other people had stumbled across him/her doing the same thing before, and various users kept adding books to the station's library detailing their accounts, much to the guy/gal's humiliation.

I also almost got banned from another SS13 server for genetically engineering myself into a monkey and stealing some food from the cafeteria. Luckily I convinced the mods to not ban me in the end, but I feel the circumstances that nearly led up to the ban were stupid enough to warrant a mention anyway.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
I've been banned from the odd GMod server for not tolerating being treated unfairly or outright harassed by server mods or admins. Internet authorities are afraid of people who stand up for themselves(and others).

deus-ex-machina

Jan 22, 2010
I've been kicked from games for being pretty bad I guess. I just couldn't keep up.

I think I've also been kicked for being too good and we're talking Mario Kart here - no mods, not even playing with unlocked cars. Just coming in first a lot and using tactics.

I don't use mic online so I know I've never been abusive.

I've only ever been banned from one forum, of which I was admin at the time, because I spoke out against the owner and his friend's 'bromance'. I didn't call them gay directly, I just said that placating the owner for reasons that went against the set forum rules made the friend a whore. Much worse had been said and since being unbanned I've said worse since.

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
I think I was banned from 2 or 3 servers over the years in TF2 or CSS. Can't remember exactly why. Also, I got kicked often back when I was a sucker and played Combat Arms. Apparently, I can't kill other people without being a hacker. Doesn't help that Combat Arms is probably still the most easily hacked game ever to this day.