What is the worst entry of your favorite game series?

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
TK421 said:
Its not a game series but it can still count right?
The Wii. The rest of Nintendo's systems were wonderful. The Wii was... sickening.
You might not like the Wii, but there is no way in Hell it's worse than the Virtual Boy.

MultiPurposeBlue

Apr 16, 2008
Crapster said:
I can't pick one favorite series, but I can give you a top three:

-Metal Gear Solid 4 (Gameplay was all right, but the story just felt... Wrong.)
-Escape from Monkey Island (Puzzles and interface were frustrating, and the humor was lacking.)
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Not counting Mario spin-offs or games like Mario is Missing. Fricking baby Mario drove me NUTS!)
I liked MGS4, story was OK I will give you that but i think MGS3 was the worst. I just hate prequels, if I want back story I will just go on Wiki

Redemption003

Apr 19, 2009
MGS2. Good game but I just hate Raiden that damn much. To the point where I probably won't buy the new game, but might borrow a friend's copy or something. Having read the post above mine I'd also like to add that I quite liked MGS4, then again I lvoe story driven games to the extent where I can put up with the long cut scenes...moreso when the game has gameplay that I enjoy a fair bit.
MGS3 probably comes in at 2nd in the series. The only real downside with it was probably the constant jumping in to the healing menu thing. Big Boss' backstory plus the relevance it has to the "present" storyline (even if I did doubt its relevance before the 4th instalment) is something that made the game even better for me personally. Just my thoughts on the matter, sorry to drift off on a tangent there...

the78thdude

Oct 29, 2009
DrDeath3191 said:
TK421 said:
The Wii. The rest of Nintendo's systems were wonderful. The Wii was... sickening.
You might not like the Wii, but there is no way in Hell it's worse than the Virtual Boy.
The Virtual Boy was marketed as a portable so I don't think that counts.

Anyway...
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters for the PSP. I should not be able to unload a full clip of a fully upgraded weapon on a single REGULAR ENEMY and have it not die.

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
Warcraft 3. The amount of hype and excitement...didn't deliver. It just fell short. A good game, but not great.

Cilliandrew

Jul 10, 2009
Wii Owner 3.14 said:
Metroid Prime: Hunters.

There's nothing new to say here. Multiplayer was decent, but I couldn't bring myself to finish the single-player, which is supposed to be the main selling point of Metroid. I'm of the opinion that the single-player was just a sideshow to the multiplayer shooter that Hunters really was,
I don't think anyone ever pretended otherwise. Hunters whole purpose was to produce a multiplayer FPS on the DS. I actually thought it was kinda fun. They had some pretty cool dynamics to it. I always loved the guy who could split in 2 and drop a turret.

At any rate:

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin: I never thought losing the goofy cartoony characters and style would affect the gameplay, but i just can't get into this entry like i could the previous 3.

X-wing vs. Tie Fighter: I can appreciate that it was intended mostly to be a multiplayer experience, but i could never play it online, and the singleplayer stank.

Wing Commander: Prophecy: Still not a BAD game, but moving the emphasis away from Mark Hamill does kind of stink.

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault: Eh, to be fair this is the only entry in the series that i never did play, so i guess i shouldn't list it here. But i've just never even felt COMPELLED to play it.

Grand Theft Auto 4: I just lost interest.

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
bcponpcp27 said:
Call of Duty 3 and 5. Just because they are made by Treyarch because Activision doesn't have the balls the let IW make every game, but 2 years apart. Seriously, do you need a sequel every year. Nope, especially if the odd years are GOING to be mediocre. That's right I said it, Treyarch BLOWS!
I'm glad you know exactly what your talking about!

OT: FF8, seriously what the shit? There are more schools for teenage mercenaries than there are major cities!

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
the78thdude said:
DrDeath3191 said:
TK421 said:
You call that portable?!

Also, Welcome to the Escapist.

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
Fallout 3.
I know that it's probably a "more real" Fallout game than Tactics, but the awesome Fallout Tactics multiplayer moments I've had makes up for it by far.
(I have actullay not played Fallout: BoS so I'cant say anything about that)

the78thdude

Oct 29, 2009
DrDeath3191 said:
the78thdude said:
DrDeath3191 said:
TK421 said:
You call that portable?!

Also, Welcome to the Escapist.
No I don't call it portable but Nintendo inexplicably did. lol

And thanks! =3

Sleipnir

Oct 17, 2009
World of Warcraft, as if you think about it, it is an entry in the warcraft series, or at least that's what I see it as... so enough said really...

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Call Of Duty 3... it was still good, but it's probably the worst of the seres. World At War wasn't a killer, too, but it had Nazi Zombies.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
CoD:WaW

Most unbalanced game ever.
Stupidest idea ever--Activision had such a wonderful thing going for them with battles set in contemporary times, then they shat themselves and reverted back to the second world war.

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
What was that StarFox game that was set on a dinosaur planet? What the hell were they thinking with that one?

"Wow, our space-shooter StarFox games were unmitigated successes! This cannot be allowed to continue! Fire the development team and hire the blandest, most unimaginative people to be puked out of programming school, and teach them the importance of Carebear storytelling and gameplay."