What is the worst entry of your favorite game series?

Finbark

Jul 24, 2008
Adaephon Delat said:
Finbark said:
Jak and Daxter is my favorite series. I've been pumped ever since The Lost Frontier was leaked a couple years ago. I played the demo recently and... Blegh. That's all I can say. It just doesn't play, sound, look, or feel like a Jak and Daxter game(and not in a good way). I was terribly disappointed after I played the demo.
It can't be worse than Jak X, can it?
Trust me. It's worse than Jak X. Considering Jak X had good voice acting and DECENT gameplay.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Its not a game series but it can still count right?
The Wii. The rest of Nintendo's systems were wonderful. The Wii was... sickening.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
grimsprice said:
Final Fantasy Tactics series. Well, kindof a series. But A2 Grimoire of the rift was a piece of shit wrapped in a brick of fail.
the original kicked ass don't diss it, though the tactics advanced series isnt deserving of the tactics title

OT: final fantasy 7 it really was a bad game, very overrates, it had a medeocre story and bad character development -runs to hide in the flame bunker-

Tureis

Oct 15, 2009
Deus EX: Invisible War - Too many reasons for naming right now.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky - Nice graphics, but you made it impossible to mod now

Fallout 3: It feels like the best Sandbox game ever, but at the same time, the worst Fallout game ever.

Rimefrost

Mar 30, 2009
From series that I liked,

Ratchet: Deadlocked
Sly 3
Final Fantasy XII (out of the ones I have played)
GTA San Andreas (once again, having only played 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and 4)

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
I haven't played all the Final Fantasy games, but of all the ones I've played, Final Fantasy II just sucks hardcore. I'm not talking about IV, which was called II in America, I'm talking about the actual Final Fantasy II. The leveling system was just screwed, the story was okay, but kind of ridiculous at times, and the horribly designed overworld made it far too easy to accidentally run into monsters waaaaaay above your level.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Horny Ico said:
C117 said:
Horny Ico said:
C117 said:
... Super Mario Bros. 3.

You think I'm f*ckin' kidding, but I'm not.
From what the AVGN has shown me, both through The Wizard and his own review, it has to be the best 2D game OF ALL TIME. I call troll unless you actually provide some reasoning.
Well, excuuuuuse ME if I haven't got the same taste as everybody else! I think it has a bit to many power-ups, the graphics ain't that appealing and I'd prefer if I could have my own opinion on things, thank you.

That being said, Super Mario Bros. 3 is by no means BAD, I just don't think it is as good as the other Mario games.
lolwut? Trolls are known for making outlanding claims without any reasoning, hence why I called you a troll. You don't have to be a little ***** about it; in fact, I still think you're a troll for that very reason. Were the roster of power-ups too much for your fragile mind? Do you only accept graphics that were invented last week? Way to get reported, troll.

Are you trying to pick a fight, bud?

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
Erja_Perttu said:
badgersprite said:
FFXII. I honestly have no idea how it got the great scores everyone handed out to it. I presume that was because they only played and scored it before the official release, and hence weren't playing it long enough to notice all the things that were horribly tedious and annoying about it. Then again, maybe it just seemed great to them because they'd never played another Final Fantasy.

I think the clincher that makes it the worst for me though is that all the characters (except perhaps Balthier) were ill-defined and completely unlikable. It just felt like a bunch of random, faceless people had randomly shown up to go on an animal-clubbing safari. For a franchise that relies almost wholly on epic storytelling, this is a fatal flaw. And I'm one of those over-analytical artsy dorks who, through rose-tinted hippie glasses, sees symbolism, subconscious psychological motives and deeper meaning in everything, so you know a story isn't being particularly well told when someone like me doesn't care enough to follow what the hell is going on.
Expanding on this, any final fantasy game that isn't final fantasy IV -> X.
there is no way people can disagree about this! even the most of original reviewers have changed there minds. It was just the hype of a final fantasy game. COME ON FFXIII be gooooooood!

EDIT: Every Mortal Kombat after MK:Deception has been awful as well including MK vs DC

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Venomicity said:
Call of Duty World at War
Seriously? Not any other CoD game? You're going with WaW, probably the best world war 2 game in the CoD series?

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Legend of Zelda II: Link's adventure. that game felt more like a slow moving Metroid than a Zelda game.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I love the gta series but was so disappointed by gta4.

It's not like I was expecting it to be as good as san andreas but it should've been at least as good as gta3.