What is the WORST GAME you have played on a next gen console?

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
GTA4. I took one long look at it, and I swear it caused me cancer. I tried it out for a bit, and my tumor grew a little bigger. I had to drink my way through the stupid intro scenes due to terrible voice-acting, annoying missions, horrible controls, and that stupid trip to the bowling alley/clothing store. And what is the ultimate insult is how critics are apparently ruining their pants over the game, and how it is sweeping video game award competitions.

PopSchiller

Dec 16, 2008
Woe Is You said:
Yaris.

So bad that they don't let you download it anymore.
TOTALLY FORGOT YARIS. I'm changing my vote. Deca Sports was a masterpiece compared to that thing.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
TOGSolid said:
Mass Effect, no contest here. This game was an utter travesty to RPGs and only helped to dumb the genre down even further.
Not only that bu..*gets dragged away by men in white coats as he froths at the mouth and rants endlessly about this shite game*
I'm one of the guys in white coats. Mass Effect was a great RPG. Knights of the old Republic was one of the great RPGs of the last console generation and Mass Effect took it to the next level.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
I3uster said:
Nivag said:
Ninjabread Man on Wii. I bought it because it had the most bad-ass title I've ever heard. I played, literally, for less than 5 minutes (the training stage) and was 20-fucking-5 percent through the game. Enough said, really. But it was attrocious disregarding this as well, mind.
Why...did..you..seriously...buy...this
I hadn't heard of it and come on, NINJABREAD MAN! Coolest thing I've ever heard. Plus I got it for about £8 on Amazon >:)

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Really? No one? Okay I'll say it: Alone in the Dark. So bad the developers put in a skip feature if you didn't feel like playing it... I used that feature a lot in the 20 min I played it for before chucking it out a window.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Really? Mass Effect? How can anyone even say that...That game was pure RPG. People need to re-think what RPG means. The story, STORY! Being able to shape the story was so amazing that I had to play through it again. The backstory and the amount of time and effort put into fleshing out that game's universe was fantastic.

On topic...I'm gonna have to go with...well, I really don't have any. I don't want to say some games because its not a matter of them being bad, just that they don't interest me. I don't buy bad games...simple as that.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. Here are the instructions:

1. Press analogue stick forward to move.
2. Press 'X' repeatedly.
3. Beat the game.

It shouldn't even be allowed to name itself Kingdom Under Fire.

countrysteaksauce

Jul 10, 2008
C&C 3
The destruction of the innocent franchise.
Otherwise, I don't know, I don't have money to spend on garbage games.

intergral

Dec 18, 2008
Sennz0r said:

2. Press 'X' repeatedly.
3. Beat the game.

Reminds me of the original Kingdom Hearts.. :/

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
DethFan666 said:
Kain and Lynch.
It's KANE, and the only reason I am correcting that, is because I love that game.

Quake 4 for me, talk about the worlds worst port / At times being unplayable.

Mostly Harmless

Aug 11, 2008
Wii Play Yay 6 crappy games you could probably play online for free for $50. Priced about right $40 controller with $5 worth of games.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
intergral said:
I'm surprised that I'm the only one who has mentioned Red Steel... It was such a let down! I remember when I worked at Gamestop, I was forced to push reservations for that game along with other Wii baddies. If you happened to buy Red Steel from my Gamestop, I sincerely apologize and if you wish compensation, I will buy you a beer. :)
It could be because you were the only one who purchased Red Steel... Just a thought ;)

If I didn't and say I did, do I get the free beer regardless?

I rather enjoyed Flagtastic's Creed. But then again, I'm one of those OCD nutbags who collected all 420 flags. I wish they didn't put all that stupid assassination nonsense in, it really did slow down my flag-collecting.

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Work Time Fun, for the PSP.

It's supposed to be WarioWare for the PSP, but instead, I just get boring repetitive shit that poses no challenge at all. It's just 40 mini-'games' of doing the same thing the whole time. Prime example would be: You see a pen. Press O to pop the cap onto the pen, then press R to go to the next pen. Repeat this. BUT HOLD ON! Sometimes the pen is upside down! So you have to press Triangle to flip it over, then pop the cap onto it. Then you press R and advance to the next pen.

Yes, it's work, yes it takes up your time, but hell no, this isn't my idea of fun. Mindless grinding, after which you can unlock (if you're (un)lucky, that is) more mindless grinding?

Untamed Waters

Dec 12, 2008
Sennz0r said:

2. Press 'X' repeatedly.
3. Beat the game.

PREACH IT BROTHA'!

I'm still getting it though, I want to know the back story on the Enclabossa.

(KuF : II comes out in '09 though!)

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
I hated Alone in the Dark the most. I was expecting a horror game and what I got was not that. I'm normally a bit of a wimp when it comes to horror game (silent hill 2), but I wouldn't class Alone in the Dark a horror game. It doesn't help when you only have 6 enemies, 3 types of humans, mutated bats, mutated rats and a crack in the wall

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Xvito said:
intergral said:
Next gen could include Xbox360, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, or PSP.

I think the worse game I've played on a NGEN console is Red Steel for the Wii. Ugh... it sucked! :(
Next-Gen? I thought that the Ps3, X360 and Wii were the current-gen.
Oh well, the worst game I've played this gen is probably Uncharted. It is teh baaad! Give me Jak 4.
I've heard that uncharted was bad from plenty of people, but never why. please enlighten.

I will agree though, the really need to make/finish Jak 4.

BIGLOSER99

Dec 23, 2008
superpandaman said:
J-Man said:
you are a role model of awesomeness for pointing out the over hyped piece of crap that is halo.....LONG LIVE TF2
okay compared to the games nowadays it sucks but back then it was a revolutionary FPS which was freaking amazing