What is the worst game you own?

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
Bertylicious said:
Prototype? Really? Why?
*Rage... Bubbling...*

Why not? I admit, I saw the opening cinematic, and I felt sold on the game. Unfortunately, it is fairly obvious that 95% of the games budget went on the opening cinematic. The graphics suck, the draw depth is terrible, the controls are broken, the physics of the game don't work, the AI is terrible, the 'story' is non-existant, the whole game is a thankless grind, the boss fights are terribly implemented, I could go on and on and on... But I no longer have the energy to hate on this game.

This game has been my nemisis since I (somehow) managed to drag my way through to the end. I think it might be time to move onto a new nemesis. Prototype 2, for example...

dslatch

Apr 15, 2009
RJ 17 said:
dslatch said:
The Force unleashed... that was a... poor investment
Hey now...both those games were fun as long as you remembered to rent and not buy them. :p
I bought. if theres one thing Lucas Arts can do its advertise.

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
Mario is Missing

I never quite figured out how to play that game...

...still don't now.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
dslatch said:
RJ 17 said:
dslatch said:
The Force unleashed... that was a... poor investment
Hey now...both those games were fun as long as you remembered to rent and not buy them. :p
I bought. if theres one thing Lucas Arts can do its advertise.
:p Then I'd say that was indeed a poor investment.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
I have some CSI game that was $2 I litterally had change In my pocket from a coffee and bought it cause it had a tell tale logo and I thought to myself yeah it could be a alright time sink........

How utterly fucking wrong I was
I played for 5 minutes and then took the disc and snaped it then threw it in the bin
No joke.

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
Evochron Mercenary.

I kept thinking it would get better or even make sense. But it never did. It was a $25 screensaver, since you had to mine for hours to get anywhere in the beginning. And space mining is about as interesting as watching a blue line intersect with an asteroid that is rotating, because that is all it is.

Oh and the one time I tried going anywhere outside of the starting belt, I got attacked by pirates with the only warning of their proximity being a rocket hitting my engines.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
wintercoat said:
Vkmies said:
As a collector, I have tons of bad games! They are awesome pieces of video game history and cheesiness!

Shaq-Fu (MegaDrive)
Bart vs. The World (NES)
Used to have Charlies Angels (PS2)
Ghostbusters (Atari 130XE)
King Arthur (PS2)
And a bunch of C64, C128 and Atari 130XE games.
Ay! Bart vs the World was the shit!

OT: Uhh...I don't actually have any games that I hate. If my arm was twisted, I'd have to say Oblivion, mainly because the vanilla game is rather bad. Buggy as hell. The NPCs look like wax statues. The main quest is all sorts of boring. However, I do have the GOTY edition, so Shivering Isles makes up a bit for it. Just not enough.
I am unoriginal, so I am just gonna do this. Sorry. :)

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Fable 2. Awful game. Was a slap in my face for me as a huge fan of the first. I'm not quite sure why I still own it. I think it might have something to do with the fact I have the Limited Edition, but the game is so bad I don't know why that means anything to me.

Saint's Row 2. Yup. I like the game and it's great fun but I can't deny that technically it's a mess. The graphics are awful and it's full of bugs. The physics are a joke and the story and characters are shallow and uninteresting. Somehow that doesn't stop the game being fun.

Two Worlds. Well, I don't actually own that game any more but I did have it. It was so bad I got rid of it very quickly after buying it. I don't think I've ever gotten rid of a game so fast. I don't think I need to explain how bad it was to people here.

I'm pretty sick of talking about Fable 2, and to a lesser extent Two Worlds. I've done it before many times and it's not like I'm saying anything that anyone else either disagrees with or is unaware of. But I thought Saint's Row was worth talking about, because it's still good despite being a piece of crap.

maconlon439

Nov 16, 2011
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Only time I could name where making a game multiplayer actually ruined the single player playability.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
brunothepig said:
I don't know, but what immediately came to mind is Hydrophobia. There's a difference between player fault and poor level design, and Hydrophobia crossed that line.
If I'm thinking of the same game, I remember looking at that over my boyfriend's shoulder and thinking "Oooooo, water pretty..." followed by "GAH! Water-manipulation-effect ugly!"

My boyfriend was mostly swearing.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I own Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The reasons I don't like it is that there is no freedom to roam around hogwarts, you have to get a certain amount of triwizard shields to progress in the game, and also the multiplayer kinda ruined the experience.

I also have a copy of Pippa Funnel: Take the Reigns on ps2. It was just awful. As to why I have it, well, I was young and also my friend told me to give it a try and said that it wasn't that bad. But it was. I can't sell it now because it is only worth 20p.

Shadow the Hedgehog was just awful. Again I can't sell it because it isn't worth much of anything. The same with Spyro: A Heroe's Tail, that game was bad.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
According to Steam, Rouge Warrior, though I've yet to play it. From what I've actually played, Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Mummy. Just by the name you can tell how much it blows.

Busard

Nov 17, 2009
Damnation, for one. Godawful game. This was one of these games I bought purely on a whim, and oh how wrong I was. I awaited some kind of steampunk adventure (as advertised on a box), what I got was just a badly designed 3rd person shooter with boring graphics, boring controls and boring...everything.

Dungeon Lords also is pretty bad. Buggy, unfinished and somewhat shady looking for an action rpg.

Final Fantasy XIV for being what it is (all graphics, and nothing else)

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
since i normally really think about the decision to buy a game, my worst one is Dragon Age 2.
And NO, i am not going to tell you again why i don't like that game.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
Well, the absolute worst game that I own would be Quest 64 for the -you guessed it- Nintendo 64. From what I gather it was supposed to be Nintendo's answer to Final Fantasy on the Playstation. An answer that involved one voiceless character, exactly one road to follow, no currency system, an obtuse and grindy as hell leveling system, painful to look at graphics, a wonky as fuck difficulty curve... I could go on. The short version is that Quest 64 is bad and the people who made it should feel bad.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars for the PS3. Oh, my God. The controls are so awful, the graphics are shit, the gameplay is crap. Controls are so bad I couldn't climb a ladder because your character runs far too fast! I'd be on the left, nudge the stick to the right, and fly right past the ladder I wanted to climb. Bleh.