What is the worst game you own?

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
that's so raven for the gba. it was slightly painful just to touch it when I tried to turn it into gamestop for about 2 dollars (50 times what the thing was worth) but it was too late since they stopped accepting those...

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
... Shining Tears...

The best way to describe it would be... um... the Daikatana of JRPGs. Nothing works the way it should, ever.

It's... it's just so painful to remember.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Grygor said:
I used to own a copy of X-Men for the NES.

I do still have the infamous Friday the 13th (NES).

And 8-Eyes (NES), a game that tries so hard to be some kind of Castlevania/Megaman hybrid with the added "joy" of a controllable pet, but just turns into a pile of mush with bad controls.
Oh wow 8-eyes, I had all but forgotten about that game and yea I agree, it was a neat concept but I could never quite finish any of the levels because it was way too damn hard. I did manage to reach a boss once though. :p
(I liked the falcon >.>)

hmmm, as for worst game i'm going with a more modern title. Legendary for Xbox360? I forget if I bought hte PS3 or xbox version but I really didn't like it. It had some great concepts going for it too, puzzle games like repairing electrical boxes and fighting off mythological creatures but the execution wasn't great.

Next on my list is Darius Twin for Snes. It has the devils music. It's so awful and poorly composed (and I've said this before) that it's permanently stuck in my head.. forever. For the sake of your own sanity please never play it.

Edit: I forgot about this one, since we're talking about old nes games. Dr. Chaos >.>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Chaos

Quantum Star

Jul 17, 2010
Lego Star Wars 2. On the DS. The graphics are shit, things keep popping in and out, it sounds like shit, some levels glitch right the hell out making them unbeatable, and the multi-player is terribly limited and even then it crashes half the time. The only thing the DS version has going for it that's better than the consoles is that the build-your-own-character is much better. Other than that, it's trash.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
I usually sell crappy games, but I wouldn't get enough for it to justify it. So it sits in my binder and rots.
I hate those kinds of games, I have a couple lying around wishing they would just disappear.

OT: Killswitch, one of the worst PS2 games I've ever seen.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Shanicus said:
Starfox Adventures for the Gamecube.

oh. My. fucking. GOD. That game is quite possibly the worst thing to ever grace the face of the planet, destroying everyone's enjoyment the moment it starts running. It is buggy, filled with terrible puzzles and has some ridiculously un-balanced combat. Eventually the game bugged out to the point of breaking, becoming a slightly more playable broken mess.

Yes, becoming un-playable was actually an IMPROVEMENT for this thing.
Oh yes, as a huge Starfox fan I couldn't wait for this game. When I got it I tried and tried to get into it. I really wanted to like it. However, I eventually realized the game was horrible and an abomination to the good Star Fox name.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
raptors15jj said:
Home Alone for the SNES.

Worst Christmas present ever.
Oh man. Try playing the Gameboy version, it was even worse. The game was utterly pointless. I loved that movie as a kid but the game is atrocious.

kTrmnatr

Apr 26, 2012
Difficult to say. I've bought a couple 1.00 USD indie games that were great for that price, but would have been terrible at the cost of a new AAA game. Worst cost:fun ratio probably goes to Chrome Hounds, a mech combat game. I picked it up for less than 10 USD, but had the misfortune of getting the title after all of the multiplayer servers had been taken down. The single player confused me and seemed to be trying to tell me "This is a multiplayer game, why are you here???."

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
SargentToughie said:
... Shining Tears...

The best way to describe it would be... um... the Daikatana of JRPGs. Nothing works the way it should, ever.

I hate when that happens. Shining Force 1 and 2 on Genesis are such classics. Then they just release a crappy title to tarnish the series.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
I have a few horrible ones, but not sure what takes the cake. Resident Evil Survivor was a good lesson for me. Never buy a game just because the title starts with a franchise you love. Resident Evil 1 and 2 for me are up there in some of my favorite games of all time. When I heard about Survivor I had to have it. Game is atrocious. The controls were slow and unresponsive and just the whole concept of the game was terrible. Thankfully this taught me the lesson and I didn't blindly get Operation Raccoon City just because it carries the Resident Evil name.

Then there is Chaos Wars. Gamestop exclusive SRPG with characters from games such as Shadow Hearts which I loved? I had to have it. Game is terrible.

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
Ando85 said:
SargentToughie said:
... Shining Tears...

I hate when that happens. Shining Force 1 and 2 on Genesis are such classics. Then they just release a crappy title to tarnish the series.
..... UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH.... God don't remind me of Shining Force 3. Much like you, I absolutely adored the first 2 games.

[youtube=IhrlM3nYzFg

locoartero

Jan 3, 2011
I win

All given to me by the same aunt. I think she hates me.

Also, I'm a bit of a compulsive buyer, so I have some shit on Steam...
It wasn't all that bad though. Steam polished the turds by selling them for nothing...
http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/ffrasisti

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
The worst game I ever played in the history of my life has to be-

Blue Dragon

Couldn't stand it. The opening was downright random and fast paced, the characters are all cheesy with very bad voice acting, the enemies are so silly that I feel Mari's enemies are a bigger threat and worst of all- the combat system (taking turns style) is just really unbalanced. Everything about this game ticks me off, and though I pushed myself to give it a chance, it really blew it.

2/10 stars. Worst rating I ever gave a game and I never want to do so again. Even Duke Nukem (which I played) gets 4 stars out of 10 and I disliked the game mainly for it's plot and what the aliens did to the women *shutter*. Still, bad game overall.
Damn, Caramel I actually loved this game.

LadyDeadly

Mar 5, 2011
Ive been having a lot of trouble with bioshock 2, so its pretty close. . . .
but the worst has to be um this game i downloaded to my ipod a few weeks back, it was bloody awful i don't even remember what it was called. it made no sense and the controls were convoluted.

A WITCHES TALE for the DS
just remeber'd
every level is the same, same monsters same everything, only they have different colours and names.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Ando85 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
The worst game I ever played in the history of my life has to be-

Blue Dragon

Couldn't stand it. The opening was downright random and fast paced, the characters are all cheesy with very bad voice acting, the enemies are so silly that I feel Mari's enemies are a bigger threat and worst of all- the combat system (taking turns style) is just really unbalanced. Everything about this game ticks me off, and though I pushed myself to give it a chance, it really blew it.

2/10 stars. Worst rating I ever gave a game and I never want to do so again. Even Duke Nukem (which I played) gets 4 stars out of 10 and I disliked the game mainly for it's plot and what the aliens did to the women *shutter*. Still, bad game overall.
Damn, Caramel I actually loved this game.
No worries- it's not the worst game in history nor a truly horrible game. I just hated it with a passion because it goes against everything I look forward to in a game. By all means, if you think this is the best game ever then I have no way to tell you otherwise. But I would like to hear what you have to say about it. :}
Oh I don't mean to mock your opinion. I know quite a lot of people didn't like it. It is definitely not close to the best game ever.

I think for me it was moreso nostalgia. It was a current gen JRPG with cliche after cliche. The reason a lot of people hated it was the reason I loved it.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
I don't have any bad games right now, but I sold my copy of Mirror's Edge back to Gamestop (mostly to just get rid of it). It's amazing how much the quality dips right after the first level that coincidentally was the same area as the demo. It goes from jumping and running to get to the exfill point to jumping and running into air ducts like a bad Gordon Freeman impression.

violinist1129

Oct 12, 2011
II2 said:
Tuesday Night Fever said:
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (X-Box).
I never owned it, but I did rent and play it... It's probably the most upset a game has ever made me regarding the treatment of a franchise I've held dear.

Worst game I OWN... (neverminding stuff that came bundled in steam deals)...

Probably Star Wars: Rebel Assault II (1995)... Non canon, "Full Motion Video", rail shooter WIN 95 CDROM.

I think I got it as a gift... I know I didn't seek it out, but I still have it lying around, 17 tears later...

Around the same time, I played a 4x strategy game about asteroid mining colonies called Fragile Allegiance, which I really enjoyed and had some cool ideas, but was a literally broken game in retrospect - you could not win: the victory conditions were unattainable for a whole slew of correlated reasons that only become apparent once you delved in deep. Still fun, mind.

Manhunt 2 on PC is garbage. It delivers on the depraved hideousness that is it's selling point, but mechanically it's just frustrating, dull, buggy and unresponsive.
I played rebel assault constantly as a child. It was horrible, but for some reason I loved it. Then I discovered Tie Fighter. F-ing awesome game.

OP: Probably Putt-Putt Goes to the Zoo. Didn't live up to it's predecessors at all.