What is the worst way you've woken up?

moloha

Feb 28, 2010
I know this is a kind of random question but this morning made me wonder what bad experiences people from around the world had with waking up.

Today, at around 5am, I felt a sharp pain around the area of my.. junk! I ignored it, but as the pain intensified, I took a peak. Lo and behold, there were 2 ants stinging the upper part of my junk. As I'm circumcised, the pain was especially excruciating. Thus I woke up, took a bath and then sat in bed for 3 hours playing on my phone.

So! Tell me guys, what is the worst way you've ever woken up?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
There're two that come to my mind-
Years ago I was woken up due to stomach pain and I was in the toliet for a while. It wasn't serious but man I never knew my body would alerted me like that. Also I have no idea what food (or bacteria for that matter) would had made my stomach to react like that.

The fire alarm back in my student accomadation (a flat). The alarm was just an error in the system but if it was real, I pretty sure I would of died. I woken up dazed and confused at what the alarm suppose to mean. Ten minutes later I realise that it mean fire and I ran out like crazy man.
Also that bloody alarm didn't stop until several hours later so I didn't get alot of sleep on that day.

Vamantha

Aug 2, 2011
I've had the displeasure of being woken up by my sept father telling me the house was on fire. Only to find out it was an April Fool's joke.

I also loath being awakened by muscle cramps. Jesus Christ those things suck.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Ever wake up with kidney stones? Those little shits are painful as all hell. Worse than pregnancy. I've had the misfortune of waking up with those multiple times. Painkillers became my best friends in those times(my favorites were intravenous Morphine and Oxycontin pills). I actually had a vacation ruined for me back in '05 because of the stones. Not fun. So don't binge drink your soda kids! Always drink plenty of water, especially in the hotter months.

Voidrunner

Feb 26, 2011
Worst way I woke up was probably in the dead of night with a hand around my throat, for a few seconds I was sure someone was stangling me before I realised it was my own hand. It was some kind of sleep paralysis, I couldn't control my arm for some reason, I managed to get my other arm between the frozen one and my throat and just lay there for what felt like an hour before I could move both my arms again. The arm had pins and needles for a good while after that, needless to say I had a bit of trouble getting to sleep after that, wondering if it would happen again.

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
My gay friend and his boyfriend doing it on my couch while I was tripping balls in my chair and passed out. (We took some... stuff).

The bastards, couldn't they wait until they were home or something? It scared the crap out of me.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Waking up with may face stuck to the pillow, wondering in the the bathroom to try to figure out want was on my face and nearly falling on my arse in shock as one side of my face was covered in blood.

Must of had a nose bleed in the night.

moloha

Feb 28, 2010
Holy shite! I suddenly feel a lot better about my morning! D:

captcha: train surfing ... For some reason.. I want to do it.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
*Sounds of a plastic wheel scrapping along the road right outside my bedroom window*
"JIM! JIM, YOU SAID YOU'D LET ME HAVE A GOOOOOOOOOO!"

I fucking hate kids at 7am. -.-

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
Woke up with stomach cramps so bad I could barely breathe once. Took half an hour before I managed to get out of bed and to the bathroom, where I threw up and promptly collapsed on the floor from the pain. It lasted, like, an hour or so and then just died down.

Oh yeah, and last summer, lightning struck right outside my bedroom window and made me fall out of bed in surprise. That was a pretty shitty way to wake up too haha...

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Getting (literally) thrown out of bed by the sadistic Staff Sergeant at a training camp.

Best three days of my life! *cheesy grin*

¬_¬

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Hmmm... Either waking up from a really bad nightmare, or when there was a giant spider sitting on my chest. :I

Also had spiders sitting right next to my pillow. It's like they're watching me sleep. T__T

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Cold puppy nose. My girlfriend insists that we let our sixth month old Dachshund sleep with us and it seems like every other night she manages to press her nose right against my leg at three in the morning.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
I know what you mean man. As if the fucking heat wasn't enough, the summer also has the rather unpleasant effect of driving all the kids out onto the street to scream at each other while driving those fucking miniature plastic cars around. And just to put the icing on the cake, the roads on my street are actually bumpy (and built to be so, another German action so brilliant it's beyond the comprehension of 90% of people), so when they drag those fucking things across the street it's twice as loud.

I can't wait for winter.
Oh, this isn't a plastic car. No sir.
It's one of these things.

(Or something similar to this.)

Now, you can spin these 360 with ease. Now, the sound of plastic on tarmac is bad enough but the sound of sliding plastic on tarmac? That makes me want to tear my ears off.

BlazeRaider

Dec 25, 2009
I sleep with my arms under my pillow, one night my sleeping position must have cut off the circulation to my right and made it fall asleep, when I woke up my left arm felt my right arm but my right (being asleep) didn't feel my left, and in my still sleepy state I concluded that someone's severed arm was under my pillow, and proceeded to scream like a little *****.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Sometimes one of my cats lays on my chest as I sleep. It sneezed. In my face.

Usually I'm a very heavy sleeper though. A few years ago the house joined on to ours was on fire and I slept through the whole thing, including the fire engine showing up and putting it out. Also on a trip around Spain we ended up staying next to a new development. The construction workers were dropping literal tonnes of slab marble from three stories up. Didn't bat an eyelid.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I fell of a two story balcony into a veggie patch, landing on my side.
It was about 4 metres high and I was asleep when I started falling.
The whole right side of my body was bruised but nothing serious.

The second worst was when allot of spiders decided to set up camp in my hair while I was asleep for 28 hours.
One was about 5cm long.

Edit: Forgot to mention I was about 12 years old both these times.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
A few ways, mainly related to sicknesses.

Waking up with my face stuck to my pillow with snot from a sneezing fit.

Another time, I had really bad diarhea, but didn't realise it. I'm sure you can guess what happened.

Another to this old computer that I had. I was hoping to get rid of it. I woke up at 4 AM as it exploded and smoke filled the room. The neighbors even phoned the fire-department because they thought my oven had exploded. What kind of person has breakfast at 4 in the morning? What kind of person spies on their neighbor at 4 in the morning?